Post lockdown pubwatch

6 hours ago, philpy said:

Wallyford miners welfare club - members only at the moment, with a touch card entry system on the door, so your details are stored on the system. 3 different drinking areas, including benches around the sides of the bowling green. 2 staff at each serving area, and plenty sanitisation points. And only £2.65 for a pint of tennents. 10/10.

Run a decent darts tournament 

Today's report 

Phoenix- didnt have a booking and it was full up. Nightmare but my own fault 

Abandon ship - sat outside, table service. Very pleasant although they don't do 71 on draft any more. I usually only go there for a mandarina sky

172 Caird- really nice in their beer garden out back but no draft beers. Save time by downloading app in advance as all orders have to go through that.

Braes- Table service and reduced offer in draft but worked really well.

In conclusion. Sunday drinking is the best 

Edited by invergowrie arab

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

That ‘Abandon Ship’ gear is absolutely brutal like. 88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png

I wasn’t aware they had a pub tbh.

It's a few doors along from the Malmaison and It's generally full of youngsters with beards and sleeve tattoos. 

I felt really old any time I've been in there.

Cask and Barrel, Broughton Street.

Had to use hand sanitiser before going in. Would have given my details but I was meeting a mate and saw him at a table so they seemed happy with that.

It's quite a big pub and quite quiet tonight so social distancing not a problem. 1 at a time only in the bogs- actually safer than work tbh. Staff friendly and masked. Orkney Best lovely. 10/10.

That ‘Abandon Ship’ gear is absolutely brutal like. 88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png

For a second I thought he meant abandon ship as in he bailed from his night out after failing to get into the Phoenix. This would have been a more honourable decision to make rather than entering this hipster hovel.

Guest bernardblack
Today's report 
Phoenix- didnt have a booking and it was full up. Nightmare but my own fault 
Abandon ship - sat outside, table service. Very pleasant although they don't do 71 on draft any more. I usually only go there for a mandarina sky
172 Caird- really nice in their beer garden out back but no draft beers. Save time by downloading app in advance as all orders have to go through that.
Braes- Table service and reduced offer in draft but worked really well.
In conclusion. Sunday drinking is the best 

Apparently Tonic had a lot of 71 on draft at the weekend. Unsure if it was a special thing or not

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

preview-1.png.b8b299495119adc273dcebf1f4a385ca.png

14 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

11 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

For a second I thought he meant abandon ship as in he bailed from his night out after failing to get into the Phoenix. This would have been a more honourable decision to make rather than entering this hipster hovel.

This is basically racism

bird and bear went inside. waited ages for drinks. abandon ship. teckle goose ipa on draught decent service. macdaniels. place was dead. go up to bar and they bring over. caird 172. downloaded app. nice beer garden. was nice. charlie bar dead. kettledrum dead.

9 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

How are people booking tables for pubs?  I've not made it out yet.  

You go in and leave two bob on the table or if they have a blackboard you put your initials up. Same as with pool, or billiards in your case.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

How are people booking tables for pubs?  I've not made it out yet.  

Just called the pub directly and see tbh, I never needed to book any of the places I ended up in last Friday, they were all very quiet. In fact I think a lot of places are reducing the number of tables they book in as quite often people aren't turning up. 

Edited by thistledo