Darvel pre season

13 hours ago, Killie65 said:

As I will likely be making my first visit to Bonnyton thistles ground this season what are the spectators facility’s like

Here is a wee video of facilities at Bonnyton's ground 

Apologies in advance though .... No Mobile Phone Charging Points in Home Dressing Room installed yet 😁

15 minutes ago, Ped said:

Changing room investment in facilities and playing squad I put down to ambition fair dos the arrogance that comes with it is annoying and cringeworthy 

Yeah agreed. They should maybe pipe down and get on with it until they actually achieve something on the park. 

It's the arrogance of new money and the Billy Big Bollocks attitude that accompanies it.

I don't think you'll find any fan at our level begrudges them all the upgrades to their park - and it's good to see money being into that and not just the squad - but it's then "Oooh, look at us everybody" Pipe down, get on with things like most other clubs, and let yourselves be judged by things that go on the pitch, not off it.

Apologies in advance though .... No Mobile Phone Charging Points in Home Dressing Room installed yet [emoji16]

Good to see the credit Bonnyton were getting on twitter about their ground improvements, then a Darvel fan shows up and says ‘aye but have you seen Darvels ground?’

[emoji85]

Darvel ground is a small ground with a tiny stand, a hospitality area one fancy changing room and a pitch that after a game or two in bad weather is like a cows field unlike several other teams in the premier league teams who year after year produce great surfaces incidentally teams that have earned the right to be in the league and not got into the league through legal action. 

Numerous times through the years clubs have thrown money to get success none of them have done it with this level of cringeworthy attention seeking .

This comes from the top the pieman and the amateur manager must be fine with all this nonsense when any other proper football committee and manager would be nowhere near this circus. 

These aren't proper junior non league men its a clueless more money than sense chairman,  a amateur manager with a ego who was disliked big time in the amateurs,  johnny come lately two minute darvel 'supporters ' and glory hunting fans from years ago who where nowhere to be seen for decades during the tough times and have came crawling out the woodwork. 

Its all a charade scratch the surface and its all a disaster waiting to happen. 

Btw the naivety of this level is clear when they think the people they have signed are 'big names ' anyone around longer than two minutes at this level can reel off proper big names who have had spells at this level not players who are big names in own household and thats it. 

Let's hope the most useless association in world football the sfa and its stooge new west of scotland minions act on the disgraceful illegal training that took place otherwise the small amount of credibility they had is completely gone before its even got started. 

Edited by ballermk

Darvel ground is a small ground with a tiny stand, a hospitality area one fancy changing room and a pitch that after a game or two in bad weather is like a cows field unlike several other teams in the premier league teams who year after year produce great surfaces incidentally teams that have earned the right to be in the league and not got into the league through legal action. 
Numerous times through the years clubs have thrown money to get success none of them have done it with this level of cringeworthy attention seeking .
This comes from the top the pieman and the amateur manager must be fine with all this nonsense when any other proper football committee and manager would be nowhere near this circus. 
These aren't proper junior non league men its a clueless more money than sense chairman,  a amateur manager with a ego who was disliked big time in the amateurs,  johnny come lately two minute darvel 'supporters ' and glory hunting fans from years ago who where nowhere to be seen for decades during the tough times and have came crawling out the woodwork. 
Its all a charade scratch the surface and its all a disaster waiting to happen. 
Btw the naivety of this level is clear when they think the people they have signed are 'big names ' anyone around longer than two minutes at this level can reel off proper big names who have had spells at this level not players who are big names in own household and thats it. 
Let's hope the most useless association in world football the sfa and its stooge new west of scotland minions act on the disgraceful illegal training that took place otherwise the small amount of credibility they had is completely gone before its even got started. 
https://www.angermanage.co.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjer4BRCZARIsABK4QeWPK_5B8kOVw502OtLRmzUfU66DNDOEmzL4ju0HfYBElvHA_ysHd5QaAk7bEALw_wcB

What had Kilwinning won before mccluckie how many leagues had meadow won before the cash that nearly ruined them or what about hurlford had they won anything before the cash

12 Ayrshire League Titles, 7 West of Scotland titles and 3 Scottish Cup titles plus numerous other trophies Meadow had won before there was investment around 2006ish...

12 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Apologies in advance though .... No Mobile Phone Charging Points in Home Dressing Room installed yet 😁

Were abouts is bonnyton ground just asking because I've been working in crosshouse and kilmarnock recently and might actually pop along to watch a game or 2 if my shifts allow it 

Were abouts is bonnyton ground just asking because I've been working in crosshouse and kilmarnock recently and might actually pop along to watch a game or 2 if my shifts allow it 
Harriet Road in the Townholm area. KA3 1BB postcode.

22 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
28 minutes ago, Ped said:

Harriet Road in the Townholm area. KA3 1BB postcode.

Thanks I'll keep a wee eye on the fixtures when there available 👍

What has Darvel won since coming into money 5 seasons ago except a tainted shared title and promotion to the top league by default due to the threat of legal action ??

This is there 1st season in top division and they weren’t splashing this sort of cash 5 yrs ago

Darvel are building foundations on sand. They are allowing their manager to invest his own money into the club but what happens when the mercenaries he has signed don't do the business. Its going to be interesting times ahead.

I mean not in there history in the recent times before he splashed the cash

Don't get you. Meadow have always been one of the big Ayrshire teams and trophies won only Talbot and a couple of others can compare. Trophy wise a bit of a lull in the 1990s still won league titles and other trophies though and always been regarded as a big name in Junior / non league football. 

18 hours ago, Yogi said:

What has Darvel won since coming into money 5 seasons ago except a tainted shared title and promotion to the top league by default due to the threat of legal action ??

Why is the shared title between Blantyre and Darvel tainted