One kit only

2 hours ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:
The home and away Newcastle Utd kits from 95-97 were classics.

les..thumb.jpg.afec8545b634d9fff3b0d3c7bf793036.jpg
toon2.jpg.b4561a1f75e74494b219e45430523543.jpg

I like the top one. It's the kit that Oor Wullie and Joe Broon always played in.

Don't forget the mix-up where Daphne would deliver Hen's kit to Joe & vice-versa, with hilarious  consequences.

Zero motherwell kits posted.

The natural thought is the 91 cup kit but that didn't have a claret band.

I think our best designed kit was the 125th Annivesary special. Not sure how many times we wore it. vs Leeds and vs Everton. But a really nice looking kit with the script badge, full hoop, good colours.

image.thumb.png.9150f486b9d85a5c7ead1b0fdb8a3272.png

The first puma top also had an almost full hoop. I bought that one when it launched without a sponsor because since Motorola I don't think we have had a great sponsor or at least doesn't detract from the look of the kit.

Also bring back the club Mitre balls.

18 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Zero motherwell kits posted.

The natural thought is the 91 cup kit but that didn't have a claret band.

I think our best designed kit was the 125th Annivesary special. Not sure how many times we wore it. vs Leeds and vs Everton. But a really nice looking kit with the script badge, full hoop, good colours.

image.thumb.png.9150f486b9d85a5c7ead1b0fdb8a3272.png

The first puma top also had an almost full hoop. I bought that one when it launched without a sponsor because since Motorola I don't think we have had a great sponsor or at least doesn't detract from the look of the kit.

Also bring back the club Mitre balls.

That's quite smart in a retro way, but I think overall your kit this season looks better. The coloured detail on the shorts and amber loops on the socks look better than the plainer effort above.

Im sure I remember Motherwell wearing claret shorts in the past, or have I made that up?

Definite yes to the club footballs.

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That's quite smart in a retro way, but I think overall your kit this season looks better. The coloured detail on the shorts and amber loops on the socks look better than the plainer effort above.

Im sure I remember Motherwell wearing claret shorts in the past, or have I made that up?

Definite yes to the club footballs.

This season's kit is nice. No idea what kind of sponsor will be on which can be make or break it.

Shorts don't really have a standard colour. White is the most traditional although not used much recently. This season's kit is supposed to be like the 1950 league cup winning kit but it doesn't have a full band around the back, just across the chest.

http://historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Motherwell/Motherwell.htm

9 hours ago, coprolite said:

My folks have an old photo of me aged 3-4 in that (or very similar) Scotland top. It's what i think of as the proper strip. 

I did pick a strip from when i was 17, but one from my grown-up years would have been a close second. 

Away_Campbell_closeup-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.9f8654a57f72e69b77278567006e5473.jpg

I have a similar picture of a five year old self resplendent in my 78 world cup strip. Complete with mouldies on and a Shoot flyaway ball!

The Motherwell '86 Umbro home top, Andy Walker era is probably my fave.

Very few decent photos though, although think there were replicas recently

Edited by Richie

Has anybody on here bought a shirt from Dunnottar? I've been tempted by a few of their County tops, but I don't want to spend the best part of £40 on something that might be of AliExpress quality.
I bought 1 at the start of the year, decent enough quality but I would probably recommend taking a size up. Also takes ages to arrive because they're manufactured in China and he orders in bulk, think mines was 8 weeks or something.