One kit only

Some Killie legends in there, Paul Wright, Monty and a young Gary Holt with Hugh Allan the Scotland physio looking after them.
I am struggling with the jakey looking guy though, Robert something?
It's Robert Prytz.
I can't remember him ever actually playing for Killie though I do remember you signing him.

31 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

It's Robert Prytz.
I can't remember him ever actually playing for Killie though I do remember you signing him.

According to wiki he made 3 appearances and didn't score any goals, he was far past his best by the time he was with us though. He did manage to make it into the Malky McCormick drawing he did to commemorate the 97 cup win, it was on display at Hampden recently but I don't know if it'll still be on display when the place reopens. 

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

We may have had more stylish kits but this one was just awfy nice to me. 

0_Glynn-Hurst.jpg

My own favourite Ayr strip was this beauty from the 70s. Was hoping you guys were going to get promoted so I could enjoy another away trip to Somerset. And hopefully make it to the game this time instead of getting...erm...distracted in the town centre.

20200723_224136.jpg

I suspect some Saints fans will differ, but I love the look of this one...
mccoist.jpg.b1784581119900f86ff8e95404a39d0e.jpg
... hard to find a decent photo of it, but I just like the basic design.
Most will go for the pinstripe Umbro effort I reckon...
DdWVlSiW0AULyCE.jpg_large.thumb.jpg.c8ff795b9b4660b52161773215958910.jpg
... but I prefer the top one.

It’s difficult to beat the Umbro effort really. We had an Adidas kit once but there doesn’t seem to be any photographic evidence of it.

I like this one from the 1998/99 season. The sponsor suits the kit. Probably the last proper decent kit we’ve had. When you see all the trendy kits produced by Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee United down through the years it really does put us to shame.

IMG_0668.jpg

19 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

It’s difficult to beat the Umbro effort really. We had an Adidas kit once but there doesn’t seem to be any photographic evidence of it.

I like this one from the 1998/99 season. The sponsor suits the kit. Probably the last proper decent kit we’ve had. When you see all the trendy kits produced by Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee United down through the years it really does put us to shame.

IMG_0668.jpg

I've got the yellow version of that in the boot of my car just now, alongside that one :lol:

Not my photo but this one...

st-johnstone-special-football-shirt-1999

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Been trying to get my hands on 1 of these for a while, think I'm gonna have to rely on Dunnottar Retro doing a remake of it thoughemoji25.pngSAVE_20200723_235031.jpeg

I like it. Stare at that picture for too long at your peril though haha.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

Your number 11 looks rather excited ..... 🤭

Big Pat McGinley, he'll have arrived late into the box and stuck his napper on the ball. 

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

My own favourite Ayr strip was this beauty from the 70s. Was hoping you guys were going to get promoted so I could enjoy another away trip to Somerset. And hopefully make it to the game this time instead of getting...erm...distracted in the town centre.

20200723_224136.jpg

The club shop sold them a few years ago, not really my style.  Flag day at Somerset of the 21/22 season Accies at Ayr?

8 hours ago, paulbrucerick said:

I guess it's just about the era you grew up in!

c583e59a89812a2ddf2be8c282856a73.jpg

e9a21a5621c62a913994b211555c7c10.jpg

My folks have an old photo of me aged 3-4 in that (or very similar) Scotland top. It's what i think of as the proper strip. 

I did pick a strip from when i was 17, but one from my grown-up years would have been a close second. 

Away_Campbell_closeup-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.9f8654a57f72e69b77278567006e5473.jpg

These are the best two Saints kits of the past 30 years, IMO.

If I had to choose one it would be the teal and magenta as long as our pals in Greenock done the same as I'm sure they had an identical kit that year!

IMG_20200724_105414.jpg

st-johnstone-special-football-shirt-1994-1996-s_1251_1.jpg.2e65b352f6c6c944285e70173400580d.jpg

Edited by robosaintee