Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Chris "Dougie" Donnelly is leaving the mighty BU's after 12 years. Journal story says Dougie (34) and Max had spoken and Dougie wasn't getting guaranteed a game next season. Dougie wants and needs to play every week so he is leaving and talking to other clubs.

A great servant to the club. Always gave 100% whichever position he was playing. Never saw him lose a 50/50. Never saw him pushed off a ball irrespective of how big his opponent was. Pound for pound the strongest player in the league in my opinion.

Thanks Dougie and all the best.
DD
p.s. sign for Lithgae and you're dead to me.

39 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Chris "Dougie" Donnelly is leaving the mighty BU's after 12 years. Journal story says Dougie (34) and Max had spoken and Dougie wasn't getting guaranteed a game next season. Dougie wants and needs to play every week so he is leaving and talking to other clubs.

A great servant to the club. Always gave 100% whichever position he was playing. Never saw him lose a 50/50. Never saw him pushed off a ball irrespective of how big his opponent was. Pound for pound the strongest player in the league in my opinion.

Thanks Dougie and all the best.
DD
p.s. sign for Lithgae and you're dead to me.

Can only echo this. 12 years is an incredible number of years at one club for a player these days. Been a massive part of the BU and wish him all the best. 

16 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Lewis Hawkins has signed a pre-contract with the BU's. Right back and captain of Tranent.

Stuart McFarlane and Ryan Adamson have left the BU's.

All from the Journal on line.

Yous have apparently signed 5 from Camelon.

31 minutes ago, boness4ever said:

Sad news today that ex BU player coach John Sludden has died age 56

Very sad news indeed.  He was a fantastic player / manager.

Thoughts with his family at such a sad time. 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Do you have names/position Alan ?

Unconfirmed Greg Macpherson full back/ winger ex dunipace. Gus macphersons son

Greg Skinner Centre half

Jordan Herron Centre mid - class act

COnnor McMullan - a number 10 - good player but a bit of a luxury player

Other one i heard was Conor Mckenzie a winger but also heard Keir Macaulay left back/centre back.

Not sure if they have all signed but heard a few of them were their and thats who i had heard

Tweeted by Black Diamond FM :-Tomorrow on Saturday Sport Live we will be talking about the Rangers and Celtic proposal to join the Lowland League. We will be talking to David McQueenie, Easthouses Lily, Vernon Ashe Bo’ness United and Ryan Kelly reporter.

Best of luck to Vernon.

On the EoSFL thread there's a list of pre-season friendlies. As well as the Sauchie game there's a game listed Musselburgh v the BU's on Tuesday 29 June. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere official but maybe I missed it.
Edited to Sauchie, for some daft reason I had typed Penicuik !!

We play Sauchie 22/06.

On the EoSFL thread there's a list of pre-season friendlies. As well as the Penicuik game there's a game listed Musselburgh v the BU's on Tuesday 29 June. Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere official but maybe I missed it.

Not been on. lately, compiling our history is taking time!.

However, two (IMO) bad things have happened lately.  Firstly, the decision to invite, then allow, Rangers and Celtic, to enter teams in the LL.  It's a kick in the teeth to all those clubs in the EOSL that switched over from junior with us.  If they can fit in two more places, i'd rather they let in Lithgae and Tranent, which shows how much I am against this decision!

At least we can be proud of our club, standing up and doing the right thing.

The second bad thing is the acceptance of Bo'ness Athletic into the EOSL.  When they were piggy-backing on our name, they made assurances at a meeting that they had no intention of ever being a challenge to us and were just filling the junior void.  Promises of them being a feeder club to us for promising youngsters was not kept and now they are going to be competing against us.  Maybe not on the field but certainly for sponsorship, fund-raising etc.

I would urge all BU's fans not to part with a penny by attending their games.