Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Journal article online has interview with Max. The manager has signed on Ryan Stevenson, Nick Locke and Tom Grant for next season. Hurrah.

Sounds like there are also several players the BU want to attract but as always there are other teams with the same interest.

Time will tell......but as always:- In Max we Trust.

Ryan Stevenson tweeted that he has signed on for TWO seasons.
That is fantastic business by the BU's.
In my opinion Ryan is our best footballer.
Great mix of pace, balance, skill, work rate, resilience and commitment.

If he wasn't a footballer he would be a feckin superhero with a cape !!
#SuperStevenson

All about opions Dave, and in this matter, I am pretty much with you all the way.
You require so many attributes to make it as a good footballer. Dave listed them... Ryan has them, in abundance. what a brilliant asset ... and a genuine guy.
Andy, has had his share of little mishaps when the ball has arrived at his feet .. but as a a guy that is solely on the pitch to stop that ball going into the net.. at this level, I do not know anybody better. Simply a fantastic keeper.
I don't know Nick to talk to so as such, my thoughts of his ability were purely footballing. I thought he was a little cocky, sure of himself.. I found out why. great player, lovely skills, runs with the ball, can score goals, although maybe could look up for potential passes before he fully commits to an attempt on goal, but for me, his greatest strength: He always wants the ball. yeah, easier game .. wee mazy, always good for the CV, but in the hard, pressureised games... still asks for it... brilliant. Brave .. I love that.
Tom Grant? Apart from being a really nice guy ... why is this guy playing at our level. serously, why?
His wand of a left foot is just mesmirising. He walks past people, takes the hits and pops back up..and some of his goals... you don't even get those on tv. A gifted left footer that can change the game in an instant. and the clincher for me... when he tracked back 70 yards to put a big challange in and stop the guy who had intercepted his pass. awesome.
What a great bunch of guys at Bo'ness. That placing this year, in the first outing of the Lowland league, was not done just by skill, by pace, by a great defence and a bit of luck ... No, it was carried out by a bunch of guys that were willing to work for each other ... for the full 90. Not just friendship .. but respect also, All earned.  
Great to watch .. but again ... sickened by this unforgiving pandemic.
Next season is gonna be a great season for the BUs.. I feel it in my water.
Be lucky guys,
C'Mon the BUs 

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Max in the Journal says the BU's have signed 6 players on pre-contract. Some have Lowland League experience, some have not. He expects to sign more. No names in the Journal as they are all currently under contract.

Interesting times ahead. Can only hope that stupid boot of a FM stops her absolute nonsense and we’re all allowed back in from the start of the season to see the new faces play and complete a season!

38 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Expect a "East of Scotland thread for this pish" response from 8mile but thought I would post here that Bo'ness Athletic FC have successfully joined the EoSFL.

Congratulations to the BA's !!

68278260-D7F4-404C-BF73-376F1A3D27F8.gif

20 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Max in the Journal says the BU's have signed 6 players on pre-contract. Some have Lowland League experience, some have not. He expects to sign more. No names in the Journal as they are all currently under contract.

I've heard a few of our players have signed for boness. Unconfirmed