Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Hopefully we'll have supporters back in next season and these guys, and the others from that side, can present the EOS Premier Division trophy to the fans as a kind of send off. They certainly deserve one. Both fantastic players with over 600 matches played between them for us and like you say it would be good to see them back at Newtown soon.

Absolutely, and won’t be easily replaced. Ross comes as a bit of a surprise as I think he probably still had a couple of years left in him. 
Wish both all the best though and hopefully they’ll be back at Newtown fairly often as fans.
Speaking of fans; given both Will and Ross’s years of service, it’s an absolute stinker that neither are getting to see out a season and say their final farewells in front of the BU faithful.

Agree entirely 8Mile, there cannot be many players in Scotland, let alone the East, that ply their trade with one club for so long. Best compliment I can give Will, he is hated by every team he ever played against. Fans only hate opposition players that hurt them ... reeeespect Will.

Ref Ross: I have obviously misread the guys age. I thought some of the games from last season, he was outstanding. quick, great in the air and with Big Stuart beside him, seemed so assured.  A big loss.

I wish them both well. very decent chaps. very decent.

Ref my Brian Leaving.  Guys, he has just had his first child, wants to spend more time "in the house".  Moving down a league, with the away games being more local and the village of Crossgates 5 mins from his house,  will allow him to do that.

Personally, my time at Newton Park is filled with great afternoons and, unfortunately, no afternoons. My only regret, I didn't get along, like you all, to watch them this season.. a right stinker.

Guys, your committee are very hard working and brilliant with visiting fans. Makes for a very enjoyable afternoon for all.  Reeeeespect to them.  wee shout out for Jen.

The fans: pure mental. 🙂 the noise, the support, the sheer numbers ... home and away... brilliant guys, just brilliant. The fans really do the club proud... total reeeespect.

As for you reprobates that patrol the P&B.. hahahaha. Brilliant. knowledgeable, very..very funny, have your point and you stick to it .. and for me, guys, probably your best attribute.. you never slag the team, the committee, the club. I love that. Yeah, wee moans .. only human .. but if the team gets beat.. and we all know they give their all every week ... then the better team has one.

The team: one of the hardest working teams I have ever seen. never give up. finishing 7th (4 points behind Gala with 2 games in hand) in the first season in the LL. A simply fantastic achievement. Guys.. a massive round of applause to each and every one off you. I wish you all well.

Lastly, The management team... guys were brilliant and Ian and Max.. great pairing who managed to get every ounce of energy from the guys on the pitch. Very astute and clever before and during the games. keep it going guys.

Gents, it has been my absolute privilege and pleasure to have ... sort of .. got to know you. Next season, Cup games maybe .. I am going to seek you all out ... love to finally put some faces to the names.

Gents, be safe and take care.  ... C'mon the BUs

Average age of players has now certainly reduced, with Nimmo, Snowdon and Campbell going.  Hope Max brings in some 'legs ' for next season, as our greatest frailty is lack of pace.
Jambo,
Nimmo 32, Snowdon 38, Campbell 34 all retired.

Do you think big Stuart Hunter 39 and midfield mauler Michael Gemmell 34 will sign up for next season ?

3 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

Agree entirely 8Mile, there cannot be many players in Scotland, let alone the East, that ply their trade with one club for so long. Best compliment I can give Will, he is hated by every team he ever played against. Fans only hate opposition players that hurt them ... reeeespect Will.

Ref Ross: I have obviously misread the guys age. I thought some of the games from last season, he was outstanding. quick, great in the air and with Big Stuart beside him, seemed so assured.  A big loss.

I wish them both well. very decent chaps. very decent.

Ref my Brian Leaving.  Guys, he has just had his first child, wants to spend more time "in the house".  Moving down a league, with the away games being more local and the village of Crossgates 5 mins from his house,  will allow him to do that.

Personally, my time at Newton Park is filled with great afternoons and, unfortunately, no afternoons. My only regret, I didn't get along, like you all, to watch them this season.. a right stinker.

Guys, your committee are very hard working and brilliant with visiting fans. Makes for a very enjoyable afternoon for all.  Reeeeespect to them.  wee shout out for Jen.

The fans: pure mental. 🙂 the noise, the support, the sheer numbers ... home and away... brilliant guys, just brilliant. The fans really do the club proud... total reeeespect.

As for you reprobates that patrol the P&B.. hahahaha. Brilliant. knowledgeable, very..very funny, have your point and you stick to it .. and for me, guys, probably your best attribute.. you never slag the team, the committee, the club. I love that. Yeah, wee moans .. only human .. but if the team gets beat.. and we all know they give their all every week ... then the better team has one.

The team: one of the hardest working teams I have ever seen. never give up. finishing 7th (4 points behind Gala with 2 games in hand) in the first season in the LL. A simply fantastic achievement. Guys.. a massive round of applause to each and every one off you. I wish you all well.

Lastly, The management team... guys were brilliant and Ian and Max.. great pairing who managed to get every ounce of energy from the guys on the pitch. Very astute and clever before and during the games. keep it going guys.

Gents, it has been my absolute privilege and pleasure to have ... sort of .. got to know you. Next season, Cup games maybe .. I am going to seek you all out ... love to finally put some faces to the names.

Gents, be safe and take care.  ... C'mon the BUs

Just tell yer laddie that you’re sorry but you’re a BU now and you’re going to keep coming to our games. He’s a big boy, he’ll be fine with it. Plus the BU thread won’t be the same without your frequent thoughts, opinions and positivity! 

Last of all, you have to admit - Crossgates_Brian sounds shite compared to BU_Brian! 😋

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Darren McCormack.....I had a quick check on Google and a peek at Wikipedia. All I can say is let's hope he is a reformed character.

Jamboness may struggle to give the ex-Hibee his normal hearty support.

Just googled him and read a few articles. Some boy! 😳

Obviously showed a fair bit of promise in his youth, let’s hope he can rekindle a bit of that with BU.

12 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Just googled him and read a few articles. Some boy! 😳

Obviously showed a fair bit of promise in his youth, let’s hope he can rekindle a bit of that with BU.

Calum elliot that he assaulted many years ago is the tranent manager. So if yous play tranent in a cup could be interesting 

16 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Darren McCormack.....I had a quick check on Google and a peek at Wikipedia. All I can say is let's hope he is a reformed character.

Jamboness may struggle to give the ex-Hibee his normal hearty support.

Offt there’s flashback!

Really hope he does well, actually not a bad lad... just erm, a little misguided!

Had the potential to go all the way so I hope he can do a job for you. Although I said that when he moved up to Ross County and, well...

21 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Offt there’s flashback!

Really hope he does well, actually not a bad lad... just erm, a little misguided!

Had the potential to go all the way so I hope he can do a job for you. Although I said that when he moved up to Ross County and, well...

I think Hibs teach “being an arsehole” before they teach football. An endless production line of bellends in Leith.

Think it was inevitable that a number of the ‘veterans’ would be hanging up their boots. A big thanks to them all, Will, the Essex boy who loved chatting to Refs. ‘Big Hunts’ who came out of retirement in our hour of need and Ross the other half of the centre back partnership, remember his hatrick.

Maybe some mileage left in Michael and Dougie’s legs

Haven't heard that Stuart's retiring.

Think it was inevitable that a number of the ‘veterans’ would be hanging up their boots. A big thanks to them all, Will, the Essex boy who loved chatting to Refs. ‘Big Hunts’ who came out of retirement in our hour of need and Ross the other half of the centre back partnership, remember his hatrick.
Maybe some mileage left in Michael and Dougie’s legs