Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Max in his post match interview said he knew Gala were a talented side and "we tried to jam up the midfield".   

I thought it worked OK first half but second half there were big spaces for the Gala to run into.      Lots of stray passes  by our midfield and a lot of second balls went to Gala players despite us playing most of the game with 5 midfielders.    

There were chances for both teams today but Gala edged it thanks to a cracking freekick.   

The next game will not be any easier .........The Big Scottish Cup game at Bonnyrigg Rose.   

The BU's need to show some Epic Bouncebackability !!!

Mon the BU's !!!

I am a little disappointed because I thought, apart from breakaways, where Big Andy popped out and either gathered or cleared, I didn't feel that they showed too much in the attacking sense.

defo nice on the eye, some lovely interplay, but always in front of our back 4. Over the top breakaways were always going to be their best option. First goal was a sore one. lot of possession, all attacking from Bo'ness. They intercept, knock it long, foot race... goal.

I think we have said this before but we will play worse, and grab all 3 points.

All the best to Gala for the rest of their season.

Question

If you were  a Bo'ness United  player, It's Christmas Day and your team has a massive Scottish Cup game at Bonnyrigg on Boxing day would you :-

1) Spend the day avoiding alcohol and excess because your a pro footballer

2) have a couple of drinks and a typical Christmas meal but avoid the cheese board and chocs  (hey it's Christmas) ...or

3) Get blootered and eat everything in the house   ...............telling yourself that it's OK because the Bonnyrigg boys will be doing the same 

????

Question
If you were  a Bo'ness United  player, It's Christmas Day and your team has a massive Scottish Cup game at Bonnyrigg on Boxing day would you :-
2) have a couple of drinks and a typical Christmas meal but avoid the cheese board and chocs  (hey it's Christmas) ...or
3) Get blootered and eat everything in the house   ...............telling yourself that it's OK because the Bonnyrigg boys will be doing the same 
????

3! That’s why we are on here slevering p@sh

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Question

????

I would ask myself what Jim Baxter would have done and then proceed to sit on the ball the next day in the latter stages of a famous victory.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I remember being along the Murrays in Bo'ness and there was an amateur game on. The right fullback sprinted the length of the park and hit a decent cross. He then collapsed in a heep, got up, swigged from a can of lager from a spectator on the touchline, had a drag on a fag and jogged back to his position.
Proper footballer.

THAT Dave, was Sunday League in a nutshell.

some good players played in those leagues... some right nutters too.

watched a couple of games.. entertainment at it best,

remember a ref. must have been about 5'6". booked a guy and produced this A4 sheet of paper out of a pocket in his top.

opened it up and started writing. Sunday league.. had to love it. lol

There is a post on FB in the East of Scotland Juniors page. The guy is looking for the following information.

'I have now found that the spelling was "McGuire" and not "Maguire". With that I have now found Benny McGuire who was the Bo'ness United player. I am still looking for information on Frank Heenan. Here is a photograph of Frank (left) together with Benny McGuire (centre) and Eric Black (right) in case it helps. Thank you.'FB_IMG_1608680396234.jpeg

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I see from another thread the East Stirlingshire v the BU's game is now at 1pm on New Years Day. Issue with the floodlights.

the cross beam that the lights sit on in one of the corners have a crack in them and has been removed. So the Falkirk games are  1200 kicks offs until further noticed 

To all football fans, wherever your team plays, Youths, Amateurs, Juniors, EoSL, LL, WoSL, HL, 2nd, 1st, Championship and Premier leagues. 
We are all in this together: Just let us in.
Wishing you and your families a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when it comes.
Stay Safe Guys.

12 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

To all football fans, wherever your team plays, Youths, Amateurs, Juniors, EoSL, LL, WoSL, HL, 2nd, 1st, Championship and Premier leagues. 
We are all in this together: Just let us in.
Wishing you and your families a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when it comes.
Stay Safe Guys.

Merry Christmas and a guid new year when it comes.

Good luck to the team tomorrow.

However, did you get the DIY done?

On 19/12/2020 at 17:28, Deanburn Dave said:

Question

????

1 - Albeit it’s easy for me to say when I am a shining example of professionalism and a mature approach.

14 hours ago, rockson said:

These two statements do not fit together.

Bollux. 

13 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

Sorry you feel that way Rock, because if properly organised and marshalled...  I believe they can.

Correct!

3 hours ago, boheesian said:

Merry Christmas and a guid new year when it comes.

Good luck to the team tomorrow.

However, did you get the DIY done?

second that Bo, all the best for the guys tomorrow. Very difficult game, but it's the Scottish ... where dreams are made ... and come true.

yeah. finally lol.. will take a couple of snaps and post. It will be an anti-climax for the amount of hours put in, but it was all me... so I am chuffed. lol

Have a brilliant Christmas Bo.

C'Mon the BUs

43 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

1 - Albeit it’s easy for me to say when I am a shining example of professionalism and a mature approach.

Bollux. 

Correct!

hahahahahaa. Love the diplomacy 8Mile... Laughing my A off here. 🙂

Have  a sooooper Christmas, be safe.