Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

2 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

For a fiver, it is certainly difficult to complain, but it seemed like the the guys on the cameras were NOT the same as the previous weeks?  Didn't seem to flow as well this week.

You are right and I may well be to blame on that score.  At the start of the 2nd half I had a go on the pitchside  camera and it isn't as easy as it looks.  So apologies to anyone who feels cheated today.  I got the Anderson goal and celebrations but then handed it back.

2 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

Hear what you are saying Hibee, but again, EVERY team we are coming up against has a  better LL pedigree, been through it, maybe a little more street wise,. We are just taking every game as it come.

Nervous, obviously, but so looking forward to the next game, the next challenge.

Brian do you bite your nails? If you do you could be up to  the elbows.

Couldn’t watch today another commitment. It’s always a nervy day  at the fitba’ 

17 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

You are right and I may well be to blame on that score.  At the start of the 2nd half I had a go on the pitchside  camera and it isn't as easy as it looks.  So apologies to anyone who feels cheated today.  I got the Anderson goal and celebrations but then handed it back.

Don't be silly Jambo: you had a bash, well done to you.

"Cheated" no way.. the game was great and we got to see all of it.. nobody can complain about that.

I really feel like a right idiot for mentioning it. Sorry Jambo.

we have just been spoiled.

was there any atmosphere, Jambo? 

There was a lively chap, not too far from the camera: Someone was annoying him all game. lol

were the "Stewards" lol, allowed to celebrate? 

6 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Brian do you bite your nails? If you do you could be up to  the elbows.

Couldn’t watch today another commitment. It’s always a nervy day  at the fitba’ 

I do Bo, but not during the game. too busy shouting at the screen.

sorry to say Bo, but you missed another sterling performance from the team. They all did their bit and that is why the BU team won. solidarity, working for one another... just brilliant to watch.

and so much for the "no pressure" on the officials giving them a chance to shine. That didn't last long did it. 

today's official wasn't, by far, the worst we have ever seen. He just seem to see certain challenges and off the ball incidents a little differently. 🙂

1 minute ago, BU_Brian said:

Don't be silly Jambo: you had a bash, well done to you.

"Cheated" no way.. the game was great and we got to see all of it.. nobody can complain about that.

I really feel like a right idiot for mentioning it. Sorry Jambo.

we have just been spoiled.

was there any atmosphere, Jambo? 

There was a lively chap, not too far from the camera: Someone was annoying him all game. lol

were the "Stewards" lol, allowed to celebrate? 

The guys who have been doing it are really good and speaking as an ordinary fan, you really don't realise the work that goes in.

As for atmosphere, think a pre-season friendly where no-one shouts.  I wanted to shout as normal but was aware it would constantly be picked up on the stream.  

The lively guy was undoubtedly the birthday boy, who was understandably animated!

2 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

The guys who have been doing it are really good and speaking as an ordinary fan, you really don't realise the work that goes in.

As for atmosphere, think a pre-season friendly where no-one shouts.  I wanted to shout as normal but was aware it would constantly be picked up on the stream.  

The lively guy was undoubtedly the birthday boy, who was understandably animated!

I said this earlier, having tried it myself, I totally agree. you have to be almost a "non fan" to be able to concentrate enough to "work" and not watch the game. it is bloomin hard.

I think the guys have already said a massive thank you to them. They are doing an absolutely fabulous job.

Total respect to them and I sincerely hope the realise how much we appreciate their work.

34 minutes ago, BU_Brian said:

I do Bo, but not during the game. too busy shouting at the screen.

sorry to say Bo, but you missed another sterling performance from the team. They all did their bit and that is why the BU team won. solidarity, working for one another... just brilliant to watch.

and so much for the "no pressure" on the officials giving them a chance to shine. That didn't last long did it. 

today's official wasn't, by far, the worst we have ever seen. He just seem to see certain challenges and off the ball incidents a little differently. 🙂

Been quite impressed by the standard in general of the Refs. The interpretation of challenges is always going to cause problems due  the lack of consistency.

Edited by boheesian

5 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Been quite impressed by the standard in general of the Refs. The interpretation of challenges is always going to cause problems due  the lack of consistency.

as have we all Bo. we actually commented on how refreshing it was that they were allowing the games to flow.

maybe back to the nervousness and the blue tinted glasses that I thought he missed a few today. 🙂

Good result for you guys. Noticed you only had 3 subs though, is this due to injuries/suspensions?
Missing this week (injuries ?) Central defenders Michie and Hunter + Striker Zander Miller.
I think only midfield maestro Craig Comrie was suspended for today.

Midfield battler Ian Nimmo retired recently as the years/injuries caught up with him.

We don't have the biggest squad but quality is better than quantity.

as have we all Bo. we actually commented on how refreshing it was that they were allowing the games to flow.
maybe back to the nervousness and the blue tinted glasses that I thought he missed a few today. [emoji846]
Recognised the ref today. We have had him before and we have decried him in the past for being fussy. Maybe without the fans the ref feels more relaxed and is happy to take a backseat and let the players just get on with it.