Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

39 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Is it maybe same as Cumbernauld game and link doesn’t go live until just before kick-off?

FB page saying link will be emailed out, but I'm assuming you'd need a purchased ticket to get that email? Hopefully resolved before kickoff

25 minutes ago, boness4ever said:

I hope you’re all keeping a note of MOTM,there’s going to be a fair bit of voting to do on the bus on January 1 😀😀

Joking aside, I can't see away travel being authorised this season.  Just my personal thoughts.

it is difficult to put an argument against your statement Jambo.

I can only "hope" that it is incorrect and that wee Nicola, and her advisors, see the plight of the working man's national pastime and allow us in, even at reduced numbers, to our games.

I heard on the news, there were hundreds of people, indoors, watching ballet.

nothing against ballet, but come on ..please???

9 minutes ago, BU_Brian said:

I can only "hope" that it is incorrect and that wee Nicola, and her advisors, see the plight of the working man's national pastime and allow us in, even at reduced numbers, to our games.

My English side, York City, had an FA Cup tie televised a few weeks back at Warrington.  Because they were tier 8 fans were allowed in but there was no distancing whatsoever.  Everyone crowded under enclosure together.  For me, that was a concern.  I do believe we could have home fans only at our level and tickets could be obtained in advance with fans having specific time-slots to arrive.  Numbers would thus be controlled and distancing could be achieved by some smart stewarding.

There is the other side of the coin and our support, like the team, is getting on in years and so most vulnerable to the serious effects if COVID contracted.  I would blame no-one for not going if they were putting health and family first.

However, you get to the stage where I would rather live a normal life and take a risk, rather than be cooped up constantly.  The equivalent of innocent prisoners.

I hear what you are saying Jambo.

I'm maybe not there yet, grandkids and a mother in law who is a high risk category, but I agree with the time slots, electronic tickets and then maybe even: your area allocated to you electronically.

I don't like to, but I would stand out in the rain, possibly with an umbrella, and watch the game. Personally ensuring I kept my social distance.

I would take that risk, if I could get in to watch the BUs live.

45 minutes ago, BU_Brian said:

London Palladium was packed the other night for an evening with Arsene Wenger. Total joke that a similar or smaller amount of folk can’t attend a match, outdoors in a facility that’s probably got over 10 times as much space for people to occupy.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

I have received emails confirming my purchase and one with a QR code? Should I expect another email with a link for the game or do I need to do somehow scan the QR code or something?

should be another email, mine arrived just there. Think the QR code is just the recipt for the ticket purchase

27 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

My English side, York City, had an FA Cup tie televised a few weeks back at Warrington.  Because they were tier 8 fans were allowed in but there was no distancing whatsoever.  Everyone crowded under enclosure together.  For me, that was a concern.  I do believe we could have home fans only at our level and tickets could be obtained in advance with fans having specific time-slots to arrive.  Numbers would thus be controlled and distancing could be achieved by some smart stewarding.

There is the other side of the coin and our support, like the team, is getting on in years and so most vulnerable to the serious effects if COVID contracted.  I would blame no-one for not going if they were putting health and family first.

However, you get to the stage where I would rather live a normal life and take a risk, rather than be cooped up constantly.  The equivalent of innocent prisoners.

Was at Bracknell v Chipstead  4 weeks ago and it was well organised  getting in but again even with only 200 there socially distancing was not properly being adhered to, Newtown is big enough to cater for 400 easily. ticketing would have to be used.