Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

On 15/05/2021 at 12:08, Jambo'ness said:

Not been on. lately, compiling our history is taking time!.

However, two (IMO) bad things have happened lately.  Firstly, the decision to invite, then allow, Rangers and Celtic, to enter teams in the LL.  It's a kick in the teeth to all those clubs in the EOSL that switched over from junior with us.  If they can fit in two more places, i'd rather they let in Lithgae and Tranent, which shows how much I am against this decision!

At least we can be proud of our club, standing up and doing the right thing.

The second bad thing is the acceptance of Bo'ness Athletic into the EOSL.  When they were piggy-backing on our name, they made assurances at a meeting that they had no intention of ever being a challenge to us and were just filling the junior void.  Promises of them being a feeder club to us for promising youngsters was not kept and now they are going to be competing against us.  Maybe not on the field but certainly for sponsorship, fund-raising etc.

I would urge all BU's fans not to part with a penny by attending their games.

Strongly agree with this, it was clear from the outset that they had no interest in being part of the United set up and instead wanted to succeed at the expense of a club with almost 80 years of history. Saw through it then, and I'd hope everyone can see through it now. The sooner the club get to a level where we can make a serious bid for ownership of Newtown Park the better as I expect that Linlithgow Thistle will be doing all they can to get their own claws into the NPA and indeed have done so already with the installation of their own parallel hospitality facilities

1 minute ago, bigwullieac said:

The sooner the club get to a level where we can make a serious bid for ownership of Newtown Park the better as I expect that Linlithgow Thistle will be doing all they can to get their own claws into the NPA and indeed have done so already with the installation of their own parallel hospitality facilities

For me part of that test will be who comes along with a Development league side first. As then they're looking for extra dates on the pitch and trying to tie up the local talent pool.

3 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

Strongly agree with this, it was clear from the outset that they had no interest in being part of the United set up and instead wanted to succeed at the expense of a club with almost 80 years of history...

135 years at Newtown Park when you factor in Bo'ness FC who played in the same colours and were one of the two clubs that became United. Can vividly remember hearing as a kid all about how my great-grandfather and his family were around helping to build the ground from the very beginning as they lived in the Newtown miners rows, how out of that grew a club that he was able to watch play at Ibrox against Rangers in a first division game along with my grandfather and how later on he was in the meetings when the BUs were formed in 1945. The idea Linthlithgow Thistle should now have an equal claim on the ground even after misrepresenting their intentions like they did would be completely laughable, if it wasn't actually happening.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 15/05/2021 at 12:08, Jambo'ness said:

Not been on. lately, compiling our history is taking time!.

However, two (IMO) bad things have happened lately.  Firstly, the decision to invite, then allow, Rangers and Celtic, to enter teams in the LL.  It's a kick in the teeth to all those clubs in the EOSL that switched over from junior with us.  If they can fit in two more places, i'd rather they let in Lithgae and Tranent, which shows how much I am against this decision!

At least we can be proud of our club, standing up and doing the right thing.

The second bad thing is the acceptance of Bo'ness Athletic into the EOSL.  When they were piggy-backing on our name, they made assurances at a meeting that they had no intention of ever being a challenge to us and were just filling the junior void.  Promises of them being a feeder club to us for promising youngsters was not kept and now they are going to be competing against us.  Maybe not on the field but certainly for sponsorship, fund-raising etc.

I would urge all BU's fans not to part with a penny by attending their games.

If I could give this 100 likes I would have! 👏

9 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Camelon have added former boness midfielder jack simpson to the squad

If he’s anything like he was before he left BU then you’re getting a good player. 

4 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

Strongly agree with this, it was clear from the outset that they had no interest in being part of the United set up and instead wanted to succeed at the expense of a club with almost 80 years of history. Saw through it then, and I'd hope everyone can see through it now. The sooner the club get to a level where we can make a serious bid for ownership of Newtown Park the better as I expect that Linlithgow Thistle will be doing all they can to get their own claws into the NPA and indeed have done so already with the installation of their own parallel hospitality facilities

If I could give this 100 likes I would have! 👏

The sooner the club get to a level where we can make a serious bid for ownership of Newtown Park the better

Hope you're doing well young William. Agree with the sentiment and would love to see it but realistically with the way the NPA is set up as a Private Company Limited by Guarantee AND a charity they would find it almost impossible to sell Newtown Park irrespective of how much the BU's offered.

You had control of Newtown and chose another route.

Making it open house for others to use. Ask yourself which team has added most to the facilities at Newtown since it was handed over to NPA.

9 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

You had control of Newtown and chose another route.

Making it open house for others to use. Ask yourself which team has added most to the facilities at Newtown since it was handed over to NPA.

You mean the changes in facilities which were resourced and agreed whilst Linlithgow Thistle were an amateur side?

Fair play to Junior Thistle Athletic for doing up their wee bothy though.

Clueless c**t! 😄

Edited by 8MileBU

16 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You mean the changes in facilities which were resourced and agreed whilst Linlithgow Thistle were an amateur side?

Fair play to Junior Thistle Athletic for doing up their wee bothy though.

Clueless c**t! 😄

No, he means the upgrades that will be announced soon...

Clueless...