Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

More importantly, hopefully we are all there to see it!
Too true 8mile. We're all missing the Fitbaw. Almost a year (7th March 2020) since the BU faithful were at the last "in the flesh" match. Never imagined then that the break from attending a match would last this long.
#BringBackTheFitbaw

8 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Too true 8mile. We're all missing the Fitbaw. Almost a year (7th March 2020) since the BU faithful were at the last "in the flesh" match. Never imagined then that the break from attending a match would last this long.
#BringBackTheFitbaw

It’s mental to think it’s almost a year.

In some ways when I picture games in my mind it feels like just a few weeks ago. In many other ways (like when Saturday’s  come around) it feels like it’s been a couple of years not just one. 

Will Snowden and Stuart Hunter might’ve retired by time we get back!

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I know there are big differences between Bo'ness and Linlithgow but I think 'international' is a bit much there

Well, a top half finish is what I was hoping for and its what we got, would have obviously preferred a full season, but heres hoping 8th is the lowest finish we have in the LL. Got to look to Max now to protect the core and strengthen the squad for next season. Utterly gutting that we never got to give Will Snowden a proper send off due to covid

• 2 weeks later...

Both Will Snowdon and Ross Campbell announcing their retirements today. Two absolute legends of the club. I haven't known a Bo'ness team without Will Snowdon so this really is the end of an era. All the best to both of them in their future endeavours

33 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

Both Will Snowdon and Ross Campbell announcing their retirements today. Two absolute legends of the club. I haven't known a Bo'ness team without Will Snowdon so this really is the end of an era. All the best to both of them in their future endeavours

Absolutely, and won’t be easily replaced. Ross comes as a bit of a surprise as I think he probably still had a couple of years left in him. 
Wish both all the best though and hopefully they’ll be back at Newtown fairly often as fans.
Speaking of fans; given both Will and Ross’s years of service, it’s an absolute stinker that neither are getting to see out a season and say their final farewells in front of the BU faithful.

Edited by 8MileBU