Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

This was always going to be a tricky season for the BU's. Max knows the parts of the team that need new blood but due to COVID it would have been daft to splash the cash and sign new talent when potentially the season could have ground to a halt after a few months. Sticking to the old guard was the sensible and responsible option.

Still plenty of Fitbaw to be played this season.

Mon the BU's !!!

I agree Dave.

Hadn't put too much thought into the finances and possible reduction/cancellation of the league, but the consolidation of Bo'ness United within the lowland league had to be the primary goal.

Not achieved yet, but well on our way to doing so.

We are playing new and better teams most weeks than we have ever done.. and surviving pretty well.

Big learning curve but never has a phrase meant so much as right at this very moment.

In Max we trust.

C'Mon the BUs

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

£4.99 well spent.

Add in a few dodgy penalties as a 'Brucey' Bonus.

Oh Happy New Year by the way.

It will be so pleasing when you don’t have a team in June when your 14 Loan players go back and ehhh you will still be in the EOS league ! 
hold on till I look back and see if our shadow is there, ehh yep it is 

Hi Holgram,

freedom of speech and all that. well within your rights to disagree with my thoughts, which I opened up to the public.

May I ask which part(s) you disagree with?

you may have more info than me and what I think may , in fact, be total rubbish.

please?

1 minute ago, buloyal said:

It will be so pleasing when you don’t have a team in June when your 14 Loan players go back and ehhh you will still be in the EOS league ! 
hold on till I look back and see if our shadow is there, ehh yep it is 

stoappitt.

lol

On 04/01/2021 at 23:14, 8MileBU said:

Anyone else got the uneasy feeling that  Lockdown v2.0 has as good as dashed any hopes we might’ve had for attending some matches this season?

Vaccinations should barring any unforeseen issues on efficacy start putting a massive dent into hospitalisations and deaths by mid-Feb. 

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Vaccinations should barring any unforeseen issues on efficacy start putting a massive dent into hospitalisations and deaths by mid-Feb. 

Fingers crossed, but I don’t hold all that much faith in the SG lifting the ban on fans when there’s still a risk of this new more transmissible strain of the virus spreading like wildfire amongst the lower risk categories of people. Also hard to see a lifting of the fan ban whilst the government rhetoric is full of uncertainty over whether the vaccines might be resistant to the new variant of Covid.