Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, rockson said:

If you're willing to trust other people to stay to stay 2 metres away and keep masked, fine.

My experience in supermarkets and enclosed shopping centres means I'm not.

Even in the open air.

If there’s a limitation on the numbers allowed to attend and controlled entry/exit then I 100% trust the club to take the necessary measures and 100% trust other people to keep their distance, particularly at Newtown Park as the way it’s laid out there absolutely no excuse to not be able to safely distance from others.

Edited by 8MileBU

38 minutes ago, rockson said:

If you're willing to trust other people to stay to stay 2 metres away and keep masked, fine.

My experience in supermarkets and enclosed shopping centres means I'm not.

Even in the open air.

I get what you are saying Rock, and as horrible as it sounds, I agree with you, ref. trusting some people to behave, to stick to the rules,,, in fact, I believe it may now be ...  to stay within the law.

But you get these people everywhere... they do not give a monkeys what they do, anywhere.

Thankfully, they are almost always in the minority.

To combat this, with specific reference to football fans and entry to the games. Everyone must give up their contact details. Once you have these, and they are breaking the rules of entry for that club, we either eject them, or call the police. 

I know it will never work out that easy, but it is:

1)    A starting point (severely restrict the numbers)

2)    The marshals have to be as attentive, as focused as best they can and have specific directives to adhere to. Use local marshals that know the people they are looking after. 

3)    The biggy .... TRUST. There has to be some level of trust between the club and the men and woman who come to their games to support them, come rain or shine. They are not there for any other reason than to watch and support their team.

Rock, I do get what you are saying, but truly believe, football fans that are going to watch their team, especially at our level, are there only to enjoy themselves. They are still putting money into their clubs, but not getting to see them live. The fully understand the viciousness of this virus. They all have families that they try to protect. They KNOW that if they get too close,  do not wear their face masks or stop washing their hands, the sheer evil this virus could come down on them, their friends and families.

Trust Rock, keep the numbers low, ensure their is sufficient marshals, ensure the marshals have their mandate, their specific instructions, tag everyone and give them an allocation and time of arrival into the ground.

Ignorant, self obsessed and people with just pure criminal intent will always find a way... THAT is the sad fact.

Let's not let them spoil it for us.

Hoping you had a nice Christmas Rock. look after yourself.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

If there’s a limitation on the numbers allowed to attend and controlled entry/exit then I 100% trust the club to take the necessary measures and 100% trust other people to keep their distance, particularly at Newtown Park as the way it’s laid out there absolutely no excuse to be in able to safely distance from others.

sorry 8Mile, I hadn't noticed that you had replied when I posted.

yeah ... bang on.

36 minutes ago, Bignose said:

I've been trying to subscribe to today's game but I'm not a member of Facebook and it won't let me purchase it

Is there any other way to watch to watch it 

I don't want to be a Facebook member 

anyone got an answer to this as I am in the same boat. 

An option might be to open a facebook account under a made up name, just for today. I think, however, it may need some form of verification info to ensure the account has some form of accountability: email or phone number perhaps?

Maybe create a new e-mail address just for this, they can be made in seconds.  Then just create a shell account on FB with a false name if you wish but attached to that newly created e-mail address.  Not 100% on this but just an idea.
You nicked in before me. I have a wee book with details of my dummy Gmail, Facebook and Twitter accounts and their log ins.

This to avoid spam and wasters rather than a futile attempt to operate off the grid to avoid the Feds.

21 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

I get what you are saying Rock, and as horrible as it sounds, I agree with you, ref. trusting some people to behave, to stick to the rules,,, in fact, I believe it may now be ...  to stay within the law.

But you get these people everywhere... they do not give a monkeys what they do, anywhere.

Thankfully, they are almost always in the minority.

To combat this, with specific reference to football fans and entry to the games. Everyone must give up their contact details. Once you have these, and they are breaking the rules of entry for that club, we either eject them, or call the police. 

I know it will never work out that easy, but it is:

1)    A starting point (severely restrict the numbers)

2)    The marshals have to be as attentive, as focused as best they can and have specific directives to adhere to. Use local marshals that know the people they are looking after. 

3)    The biggy .... TRUST. There has to be some level of trust between the club and the men and woman who come to their games to support them, come rain or shine. They are not there for any other reason than to watch and support their team.

Rock, I do get what you are saying, but truly believe, football fans that are going to watch their team, especially at our level, are there only to enjoy themselves. They are still putting money into their clubs, but not getting to see them live. The fully understand the viciousness of this virus. They all have families that they try to protect. They KNOW that if they get too close,  do not wear their face masks or stop washing their hands, the sheer evil this virus could come down on them, their friends and families.

Trust Rock, keep the numbers low, ensure their is sufficient marshals, ensure the marshals have their mandate, their specific instructions, tag everyone and give them an allocation and time of arrival into the ground.

Ignorant, self obsessed and people with just pure criminal intent will always find a way... THAT is the sad fact.

Let's not let them spoil it for us.

Hoping you had a nice Christmas Rock. look after yourself.

You may be right at lower levels. There are some right roasters of fans in the SPFL tiers 1 and 2 though and my fears  are mainly due to this. Most League One and Two fans are okay. I have no personal experience of leagues below that bar one Scottish Cup tie at a then junior ground - well before Covid..

I wouldn't be too sure marshals would - or could - enforce the rules either.

In the heat of the moment of  a crucial goal being scored  fans might lose their control too.

Christmas was quiet but I had a telephonic scare via an elderly friend  who took ill. Today it seems he might not be as bad as I feared, though.

Look after yourself too.

4 hours ago, rockson said:

You may be right at lower levels. There are some right roasters of fans in the SPFL tiers 1 and 2 though and my fears  are mainly due to this. Most League One and Two fans are okay. I have no personal experience of leagues below that bar one Scottish Cup tie at a then junior ground - well before Covid..

I wouldn't be too sure marshals would - or could - enforce the rules either.

In the heat of the moment of  a crucial goal being scored  fans might lose their control too.

Christmas was quiet but I had a telephonic scare via an elderly friend  who took ill. Today it seems he might not be as bad as I feared, though.

Look after yourself too.

opinions and differences.. it is what we are all about, Rock. What we believe to be the best for ourselves and our families.

And we are not too far apart in our thinking,  when it comes to the fans.

I hope your friend continues to improve.

take care.