Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

8 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Maybe shouldn't talk this up, but if they were able to use Starks Park again it's arguably easier to televise and less likely to be postponed than some of the other options. Hopefully the lights issue rules them out and it's the BU's game though.

Well, it's going to be on TV at Kelty, so that's that. I really like Dundonald's ground and I'm sure they'd have had a better chance of pulling off a shock at home, but the money and opportunity to play on TV are too much to pass up.

I've been to an U21s game there under the lights, it's got to be said, they could have achieved much the same effect by parking half a dozen cars round the pitch and putting the beams on.

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Well, it's going to be on TV at Kelty, so that's that. I really like Dundonald's ground and I'm sure they'd have had a better chance of pulling off a shock at home, but the money and opportunity to play on TV are too much to pass up.

I've been to an U21s game there under the lights, it's got to be said, they could have achieved much the same effect by parking half a dozen cars round the pitch and putting the beams on.

Think if BU’s had have been at home it would have had a chance .

BBC looking for the insurance of an Astro pitch to have game definitely on IMO .

Game day tomorrow. 

we will get to watch the lads again. brilliant.

as ever, a difficult game. Gala have had a few right good results.

We will have to be on our game tomorrow to take all three points ... I believe we can ... and will.

C'Mon the BUs

aaaahhhhh hahahahaha.

takes a different level of stupidity to reach this level... brilliant 8Mile. thank you.

so, when I win the raffle, will I be able to afford that villa in Spain? 🙂

any news on how big Stuart is doing? If for no other reason  than the guy's own sanity.

long term injuries are a real piece of work on the mental wellbeing of a player, never getting out the bit.

Like so many of them, great player and a very decent human being.

hoping he is progressing well. 

Gala Fairydean Rovers the visitors on Saturday.  They have had some decent results this season and based on their YouTube footage look a well organised side.  Their 6-0 win v Wigtown & Bladoch showed they can score (although it should have been 10+ goals) and other games show them to have plenty of movement and work hard.          But the BU have those abilities as well.         

Come on the BU's !!!

55 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Gala Fairydean Rovers the visitors on Saturday.  They have had some decent results this season and based on their YouTube footage look a well organised side.  Their 6-0 win v Wigtown & Bladoch showed they can score (although it should have been 10+ goals) and other games show them to have plenty of movement and work hard.          But the BU have those abilities as well.         

Come on the BU's !!!

Fair assessment Dave.

They are decent, if we allow them.

We will be up for the challenge.

CMon the BUs

59 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Come on the BU's !!!

Watched the second half of their 2-1 defeat by Kelty  and they certainly look a good side so we are in for a decent game.
As you say we have the abilities we just need to bring them to the party.

Edited by boheesian

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Tomorrow will certainly not be a day for passengers.

Be nice to hear how Hunter is doing . Is he still recovering from a long term injury or is he semi-retired ready to return if the BU have a defensive crisis.

Been told that both Hunter and Miller - according to the Journal - are both close to full fitness. 
Need both fully fit for Miller’s goalscoring and Hunters defensive qualities.

Possibly, no fans, wet weather, pitch going to dig up, strips would be a right mess, long trip home before they could be washed... maybe just took everything into consideration and felt ... let's hold the new ones back until we have fans.

just conjecture here guys. maybe even just forgot to take them, lol.