Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

42 minutes ago, BU_Brian said:

Fingers crossed on that one. nice we money spinner also, I would assume?

It's very low TV money before the Last 32 - only a few thousand £ to each club IIRC. Roughly equivalent to doubling prizemoney for the round.

Not to be laughed at obviously but no fortune. Then suddenly rockets 5-fold or 10-fold to a few 10s of thousands. (Even that is 2 or 3 times below peak of £82.5k under last Sky-BBC deal).

46 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's very low TV money before the Last 32 - only a few thousand £ to each club IIRC. Roughly equivalent to doubling prizemoney for the round.

Not to be laughed at obviously but no fortune. Then suddenly rockets 5-fold or 10-fold to a few 10s of thousands. (Even that is 2 or 3 times below peak of £82.5k under last Sky-BBC deal).

Any income is going to be warmly received in the current climate though. 

Mon the BU!

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Thanks for the info Hibee and I take my hat off to you.

how do you manage to retain all of this knowledge. Keep it up please. 

I think it is brilliant that there are a few guys (Jambo'ness being another) that have so much in depth knowledge about the inner workings of our beloved game.

respect gentlemen.

On 13/12/2020 at 13:43, LongTimeLurker said:
Doubt the TV people will be able to see past Dundonald Bluebell vs Queen's Park. Wee club with a quirky name up against famous club from Hampden that are top of SPFL2 and have recently turned full-time.

I thought that was a non-starter because of Dundonald's lights.

Edited by GordonS

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

I thought that was a non-starter because of Dundonald's lights.

Maybe shouldn't talk this up, but if they were able to use Starks Park again it's arguably easier to televise and less likely to be postponed than some of the other options. Hopefully the lights issue rules them out and it's the BU's game though.