Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Still think we are missing a trick with not having an under 20s side .

Maybe BUs are thinking that way I don’t know but would like to see soon .

We are in the minority now within the league and behind lots of EOS clubs in that respect .

Young blood has got to come through and could save a lot of money in transfers in the long run .

Gents, a very small compilation of last Saturday's game.

grabbed some free video editing software.

only the goals, but it is a flavour.

sorry, but sound went ...well somewhere ... still playing with it.

tried to do the replay of the goals at half speed, haven't mastered that yet.

hope you enjoy.

Shippy_Game_goals_720.mp4 - Google Drive

2 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

unless anyone can try and feedback please?

In Google Drive you need to right click on the file and either go to get link, or share but then click on "change to anyone with the link" to make it publicly available.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

In Google Drive you need to right click on the file and either go to get link, or share but then click on "change to anyone with the link" to make it publicly available.

Thanks Ginaro. just back in, will have a bash, thanks.,

Checked out Twitter this morning and on the Stirling University account there's a match report which includes video footage of the 3 SU goals.

On a BU account is a link to a Journal interview with Max. Max is critical of the midweek performance but doesn't name individual players. He did say that 2 players didn't run and it was like playing with 9 men. Said the 2 played like it was an over 35's walking football game. Sure the players will know who he is referring to.

Just read it Dave. 

We would love all our players to have ability, speed, goal scoring prowess and lots of experience...

but the first and foremost quality has to be... 100% commitment.

A sad read. But I would attribute it to Max's honesty and disappointment.

and a certainty that it will definitely be addressed.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

To get results in this league you need to (a) get 11 fit players on the pitch, (b) avoid red cards © get EVERYONE to put in a solid shift (d) avoid sloppy mistakes (e) work as a team,...and of course (f) take your chances.

Not much to ask. However, a bad day at the office can occasionally turn up. Just to be at a game so we can judge. Hopefully the wee break will relieve some of the aches and pains and get picking up points again.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

To get results in this league you need to (a) get 11 fit players on the pitch, (b) avoid red cards © get EVERYONE to put in a solid shift (d) avoid sloppy mistakes (e) work as a team,...and of course (f) take your chances.

No arguments here Dave, but those are optimum, the universal remedy, the perfect team.: As yet, doesn't exist. 

The Brazilians, Germans and most definitely the Dutch have all come close.

But at our level, we are always, every game, going to get sloppy/accidental mistakes, we won't always take our chances. 11 fit players ...possibly fit, as in not injured, but match fit?

But we, as fans, hope to see a few standard attributes which we think are not out with the realms of every single. signed BU player:

Working as a team - most definitely. 

Putting in a solid shift - This has to be the biggy. You have to be walking on to that pitch and ready to give your all. you cannot leave anything on pitch as you walk off.

My personal shout was always - looking in the mirror at the end of the game, no, that didn't work and I should have done this and that.. but - did I try my hardest. could I have done anymore - apart from the mis-controls and the couple of poor passes - have I given my all.

This is what the BU players typify. This is what their start to the season has been mainly based on. 11 players giving their all, working for each other, never giving up.

That is why it is so sad to read Max's comments, which we have come to know are his honest assessments. 

But we will pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down ... ready to go again.

That 100% commitment will be back for our next game.

take care guys.

another week, another game.

chances of it being on?

BBC reckon - Saturday looks to have sunny spells and patchy cloud with the chance of the odd passing shower. It will continue cold but winds diminish in the afternoon.

But ,,, no stream....