Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

15 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ritchie again 2-1 to the BU with about 15 to go.

Yes, buffering was bad the last 10-15. To be honest that was the most disjointed performance of the season, the score line flatters us.

However, the next round beckons.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Not just you 8mile it happened a few times to me in the last 10 mins.   Most frustrating bit was just as Ritchie banged in his third and turned to see if he was offisde......and then it froze ........ 

1 hour ago, Legless said:

Last 5 minutes the stream was horrendous.

Glad it wasn’t just me. The last 10 minutes were a bit of a mess. Missed a couple of goals. 

Never mind though. Good win for the team in the end and these things happen. The Sanctus Media guys are doing their best but it’s not like they’re Sky Sports.

It was Shippy's cup final and you could see they were fired-up for the game.  Brian Ritchie needed these goals and they will have given his confidence a boost.  I was surprised at Grant being  taken off with Gemmell coming on.  I expected it to be Comrie. who really was on the edge.  Lucky not to get a second card after pushing a player over.  Luckily ref only saw him getting shoved over in a retaliation.  Good to see Bell on the scoresheet.  After hitting the bar in the first half, I loved his double assist for the 2nd goal.  His pass ended up with him getting to the ball then passing for Ritchie to score.  Clearly meant!

Yes we were pretty poor today, we'll play better in the weeks to come and not  be so fortunate in the result but nobody can question the effort the players put in. The person to thank for that I'm sure is the manager, as someone said earlier we need an Andy Shirra type player in the middle to calm things down a bit and spray the passes. On a positive note, how long is it since we had forwards scoring hat-ricks? ie Miller and Ritchie. Talking of  Ritchie, where is Ritchie senior aka BU Brian tonight, notable by his absence ? no doubt we will be hearing from him when he sobers up .

Hahahahaha, been working in the toilet.. nearly finished - thank goodness.

ref. the live stream. for a fiver, tremendous. I would, however, be asking the guys if they have some sort of power or memory issues with their equipment. That was the second time this happened. Exactly the same effect, jumping, freezing, playing repeated passes of play etc. and the exact same time also.

My understanding of the video streaming technology is basically, they are dealing with a truck load of data. cpu and on board memory must be running on overdrive. Overheating and battery life are always distinct possibilities. I think they should be looking at this as a possible reoccurring issue.

The game: .I am Brian's worst critic. He should look more energetic, call for it more often, be a little greedier sometimes and this and that... but I am also his greatest fan.

Yeah, chuffed to bits for him, but I genuinely always look at his game, within the team format. Today, yeah, hatrick and  mom, but only because of the goals. 

I won't pick on him, name other names, I think we all know it was a BU off day. no lack of effort, but Max may have hit the nail on the head... First time bigger team this season .. I mean in terms of us just coming into the league and all other teams have done all this before... playing a smaller team.. Maybe ... and only in their heads... they have stepped off the pedal a fraction, almost imperceptible, but that, mixed in with the Shippy playing so well ...we were never really at the races.

improved in the second half and as the game continued, I felt we came into it a little more... but not enough. Not for Bo'ness United.

only redeeming factor, it was a cup game.

we can put this in our memory banks and move on. bad day at the office. we were possibly due an off day... had it, looking forward to Wednesday.

Gents, hoping you have all had a sooooper evening.

take care.

19 minutes ago, Allnitelong said:

From what I’m reading it’s all about BU,s having an off day. Let’s give Burntisland some credit here a team two leagues below and what a performance.All credit to BU,s for the result but give the Shippy boys a bit of credit too

To be fair AllNite, if you look through all of the posts during and then soon after the game, we do mention how poor we were, but we also mention how good, how up for it the Shippy were. Some of players are actually mentioned, by their numbers, as being exceptional today. I even mentioned on the eve of the game how much better a unit they are, harder to beat, some really good players. Stuart, whom I think is an excellent manager and a gentleman, is doing a brilliant job there, Go back through my posts .. Thurs or Frid.               

There comes a time, however, when the opposition, good or bad, have to be pushed to the side and as fans, we attempt to analyse, revel, enjoy and sometimes moan about what we have just watched. - from our team.

I genuinely feel we, as BU fans, have given Burntisland the credit they whole heartedly deserve,. It does not, however, take away from the fact that players we have watched, this season alone, did not play up to their "normal" standards today. This is what we are now talking about. 

If you are attached to Burntisland Shipyard, I wish your team all the best for the rest of the season.

7 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

To be fair AllNite, if you look through all of the posts during and then soon after the game, we do mention how poor we were, but we also mention how good, how up for it the Shippy were. Some of players are actually mentioned, by their numbers, as being exceptional today. I even mentioned on the eve of the game how much better a unit they are, harder to beat, some really good players. Stuart, whom I think is an excellent manager and a gentleman, is doing a brilliant job there, Go back through my posts .. Thurs or Frid.               

There comes a time, however, when the opposition, good or bad, have to be pushed to the side and as fans, we attempt to analyse, revel, enjoy and sometimes moan about what we have just watched. - from our team.

I genuinely feel we, as BU fans, have given Burntisland the credit they whole heartedly deserve,. It does not, however, take away from the fact that players we have watched, this season alone, did not play up to their "normal" standards today. This is what we are now talking about. 

If you are attached to Burntisland Shipyard, I wish your team all the best for the rest of the season.

Good post Brian. Just felt we were sloppy and second best for most of the game - due to BS’s more positive attitude. Where we were better was taking our chances. 

12 hours ago, Allnitelong said:

From what I’m reading it’s all about BU,s having an off day. Let’s give Burntisland some credit here a team two leagues below and what a performance.All credit to BU,s for the result but give the Shippy boys a bit of credit too

Ermmmmm is it not a Boness thread?? Lol of course they are going to talk about boness ?!?!

On 21/11/2020 at 22:59, Allnitelong said:

If you want to hear praise then check out BU manager Max Christie post match interview on the official BU Facebook.  

Expect the coverage of the Wednesday game at Stirling University to be Tweets only.   The Stirling Uni Tweeter was busy in their game v The Braves and posted about 70 Tweets during the match.. That may be a more up to  date Twitter feed to follow than the BU one.

Let's hope Gretna get a stream up and running for the BU game as the idea of 4 weeks between watching the BU's leaves me feeling scunnered.

Just after I posted the above I noticed that the BU unofficial Twitter feed tweeted the message below.   "If it will be televised" ??  I don't think Stirling Uni have streamed any of their homes games before so not holding my breath........but if they do it will be a wee bonus.

league match on Wednesday at Forthview Stadium against keep up with us on here and if it will be televised we will get the link

Grim reality check Dave. especially the period between now and  the definite streamed game. 

Crazy thing is, if my club was struggling financially, which would be almost every club in Scotland, and I knew that if I streamed a game against certain clubs, which are on record for purchasing approx 100 streaming tickets. you could hire a firm/enthusiasts to run the stream. 

Pay nominal fee . £200 - £300 and know you are going to be in profit for ... well ... just in profit...whatever you make.

only downside, if it is one, is licensing? unsure if these are required.

Just seems a no brainer to me.

Tomorrow against the Uni of Stirling: Always a very good footballing team. quick, good on the ball and pretty fit. Their downside is always that they are a little smaller than your standard LL players ... on average.

They always make up for it in skill and good team work.

They do like to score, some very quick, skilful players up top, but seem to find it difficult not to concede also.

This will be a little different, but no less harder than any of the other teams.

C'Mon the BUs

12 minutes ago, BU_Brian said:

Tomorrow against the Uni of Stirling: Always a very good footballing team. quick, good on the ball and pretty fit. Their downside is always that they are a little smaller than your standard LL players ... on average.

They always make up for it in skill and good team work.

They do like to score, some very quick, skilful players up top, but seem to find it difficult not to concede also.

This will be a little different, but no less harder than any of the other teams.

C'Mon the BUs

Every game is an adventure just now.  Every opponent shows merits.  The good thing is that, up to now, we have proved to be up to this level.  Wish we cut the knocks out for a wee while, by my reckoning, including last Saturday, we have 7 players on the injured list to various degrees.  We have yet to have a full squad to choose from and so our successes so far deserve to be crowed about.

Big Dougie still out?

I have to take my hat of to Dougie. right back, centre forward, middle of the pitch... incredible.

Hi level of commitment and reliability ... never drops below 7. just brilliant.

As Jambo mentioned a week or so ago ... it would be nice to have an injury update every now and again.

1 hour ago, BU_Brian said:

Big Dougie still out?

I have to take my hat of to Dougie. right back, centre forward, middle of the pitch... incredible.

Hi level of commitment and reliability ... never drops below 7. just brilliant.

As Jambo mentioned a week or so ago ... it would be nice to have an injury update every now and again.

Like Jambo says it would nice to get an update on the walking wounded. It’s not a secret we have injuries but supporters want to know how players are progressing.

Edited by boheesian