Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

5 hours ago, RampantFM said:

Cheers, mate. Appreciate it.

Bo'ness have been class so far. 

no arguments here. It has been a very successful and enjoyable start to the season.

hopefully we can grab a few more points, make ourselves safe for the LL next season and just enjoy the football after that..

take care.

we can take some comfort in a reasonable enough amount of time having now passed since tonight’s matches for it to be absolutely acceptable to say “HAHAHAHAHA at Lithgy!!!” [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I watched on the LTHV twitter all the goals from the game. They have edited in a Sky Sports type zoom in of the LTHV goalscorer celebrating with some juice. Well worth a watch.

9 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

To be fair Gerry the opposition have also come mob handed for some of the games.

Seriously though I thought there was strict limits on the numbers opposing teams were allowed to bring? I would imagine clubs are within their rights to refuse entry if as you say they come mob handed.

33 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I watched on the LTHV twitter all the goals from the game. They have edited in a Sky Sports type zoom in of the LTHV goalscorer celebrating with some juice. Well worth a watch.

I seen the goals on Twitter this afternoon. Then watched them again for the lolz. Then I LOL’d! 

LTHV do a decent wee highlights package to be fair. Good effort 👏

12 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

You'll need to face EK without the support of your army of stewards.  😉

There wouldn’t be a game without those army of stewards as you call them, who takes temperatures, streaming games, covid rules implementing  and does other things required to get a game on, and make sure other things during a game  to make sure it stays on. I’m sure every club needs an army of stewards aka committee members who give up their time to make sure it does go on. Again not just Boness related but maybe you should be thanking them rather than having a go! 

12 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Seriously though I thought there was strict limits on the numbers opposing teams were allowed to bring? I would imagine clubs are within their rights to refuse entry if as you say they come mob handed.

Where about in the ground are you seeing this army of stewards you mentioned Bo’ness have had at games? I’ve been watching the streams of our games and have only seen 5 or 6 guys around the park, which seems about the norm when other streams or highlights clubs at our level have produced show a similar amount of stewards at grounds.

5 hours ago, buloyal said:

There wouldn’t be a game without those army of stewards as you call them, who takes temperatures, streaming games, covid rules implementing  and does other things required to get a game on, and make sure other things during a game  to make sure it stays on. I’m sure every club needs an army of stewards aka committee members who give up their time to make sure it does go on. Again not just Boness related but maybe you should be thanking them rather than having a go! 

Not having a go. Just a wee bit of light hearted banter.

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Where about in the ground are you seeing this army of stewards you mentioned Bo’ness have had at games? I’ve been watching the streams of our games and have only seen 5 or 6 guys around the park, which seems about the norm when other streams or highlights clubs at our level have produced show a similar amount of stewards at grounds.

My comments are not based on what you can see on the live stream. From what I'm being told you had way more than 5 or 6. In any case what's  the big deal ? If you need a lot of stewards and the league are happy with it, then so be it. As I said earlier just a bit of banter.

41 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

My comments are not based on what you can see on the live stream. From what I'm being told you had way more than 5 or 6. In any case what's  the big deal ? If you need a lot of stewards and the league are happy with it, then so be it. As I said earlier just a bit of banter.

I was just wondering mate. There were snide remarks made elsewhere about the amount of folk Bo’ness had in at Newtown Park which when accusations were made transpired to be the opposition squad over in the enclosure. I just wondered if that’s what you’d seen as well. 

Newtown’s a fairly decent sized ground with lots of nooks and crannies for wayward balls to end up in so makes perfect sense to have as many stewards (aka auld ball boys) as we’re allowed. The club are complying with all the covid protocols and as you say, the league are happy with how we’re operating.

30 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I was just wondering mate. There were snide remarks made elsewhere about the amount of folk Bo’ness had in at Newtown Park which when accusations were made transpired to be the opposition squad over in the enclosure. I just wondered if that’s what you’d seen as well. 

Newtown’s a fairly decent sized ground with lots of nooks and crannies for wayward balls to end up in so makes perfect sense to have as many stewards (aka auld ball boys) as we’re allowed. The club are complying with all the covid protocols and as you say, the league are happy with how we’re operating.

So who were the young boys shown at the end of footage on park 

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

I'm sure your doing everything right. It was just a joke. Changing the subject completely.  Some nice comments attributed to your manager about my team. Top bloke Max Christie. It doesn't seem to be very popular for managers to praise their opponents. 

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

So who were the young boys shown at the end of footage on park 

No idea, never seen that. Maybe they were players kids? No restrictions on kids/social distancing anyway. Regardless, if there’s was any wrong-doing I’m sure the league would’ve come down hard on us by now. See for a supposed Bo’ness fan, you seem awfully keen to try stir something up! 🤔

33 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I'm sure your doing everything right. It was just a joke. Changing the subject completely.  Some nice comments attributed to your manager about my team. Top bloke Max Christie. It doesn't seem to be very popular for managers to praise their opponents. 

He comes across very well does Max.

Edited by 8MileBU