Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

2 minutes ago, BU_Brian said:

love praising the guys, all warranted, but they have to take it on the chin when not so hot.

We should not have got beat there. yeah, they were quicker, looked stronger  and defo appeared more hungrier, but still,  at 4-3, an extra man ...we should have been more street wise and started to "manage" the game a little better. 

The goals we lost were poor, very poor. Last goal, I'm not sure if he jumped to header it.

Little disappointed, but I will take that point.

another point to put into our survival bag.

tomorrow I will be jumping for joy at this point earned. Roll on tomorrow.

have a good evening Gents,

MoM: Big Andy.

C'Mon the BUs.

That’s the word Brian “manage” . We didn’t and were lucky to get a point.  I suppose it’s a point won.

2 minutes ago, boheesian said:

That’s the word Brian “manage” . We didn’t and were lucky to get a point.  I suppose it’s a point won.

It is a good point Bo, 100%. It's just so soon after the final whistle, the ifs and buts are still fresh in the head... 

I think when you put things into perspective it’s a point gained, to get away with a point after the poorest performance of the season so far, against one of the top 3 or 4 sides in this league.

Before a ball was kicked this season anyone involved with Boness would have been delighted to be undefeated after 7 games, and dropping only four points.

Although some maybe disappointed at dropping 2 points tonight, it has been a fantastic start to the season with what has been a thread bare squad at times. Max and the players deserve a great deal of credit for what has been achieved so far.

3 minutes ago, Legless said:

I think when you put things into perspective it’s a point gained, to get away with a point after the poorest performance of the season so far, against one of the top 3 or 4 sides in this league.

Before a ball was kicked this season anyone involved with Boness would have been delighted to be undefeated after 7 games, and dropping only four points.

Although some maybe disappointed at dropping 2 points tonight, it has been a fantastic start to the season with what has been a thread bare squad at times. Max and the players deserve a great deal of credit for what has been achieved so far.

Brilliant Legless, bang on the money. well said.

Question I have to ask is, does the club have a physio? Tonight a player received what could be an injury that might keep him out for weeks and no one was on hand to attend to  him. He limped all the way around the park without any assistance, perhaps doing more damage. Very amateurish in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Plenty of talent and pace in that BSC Glasgow team so it was always going to be a tough game for the BU's.   Andy was the busier keeper by a distance so let's take the point and move on to East Kilbride.       Now the old ticker has slowed down a bit I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed that game ......some good Fitbaw for the fans.

Wee reality check for Bo’ness tonight that we are definitely playing at a higher level now, summed up by BSC almost looking like they’d gained a man not lost a man after they were reduced to 10 men. 

An exciting match though not always in the way we’d have wanted but we knew this was likely to be our toughest opposition so far. Slightly disappointing again to have drawn a game but this time because of how softly BSC got ALL of their goals. Taking nothing away from their strikers, they’re good but I can’t help but feel most of the BU defenders have played against and dealt with much better forwards before. Should have won that with the man advantage and shored up the defence after taking the lead at 4-3. All that said, I’d have taken a point before the game to be honest.

27 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

You mean you missed Max streaking over the pitch?

Were the floodlights reflecting off his arse? I thought it was just Ineos flaring. 

21 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Ross Campbell gets an immediate 1 game ban and will miss the East Kilbride game.

Far from ideal losing Ross for the EK game but at least we can take some comfort in a reasonable enough amount of time having now passed since tonight’s matches for it to be absolutely acceptable to say “HAHAHAHAHA at Lithgy!!!” 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Edited by 8MileBU

Looking back now, in a reasonably calm way.

Positives:

Unbeaten start now  7 league matches.  Last time we managed that was in 2009.

Played this side last year and lost narrowly, this time we drew and might have sneaked a win.

Great team spirit,  never say die.

Zander Miller bags a hat-tick, showing he's the penalty box striker we so badly need.

Scored as many against BSC as Hibs managed. 😀

Negatives:

Locke getting injury that will keep him out for weeks

Campbell red card

Amount of matches catching up on old side. 

An injection of youth is needed but I'm sure Max has people out scouting constantly but you can't fault the effort of the likes of Gemmell & Snowdon.  Last night was a difficult watch but we knew we would be playing top sides sooner or later.  If I had been offered 5 wins and 2 draws from first 7 games I'd have bitten your whole arm off.  Going to be a few more away games now but if it is anything like last season, we may well play better away. 

This weekend will be mega-tough, made harder by injuries and suspension but I know for sure that whoever pulls on the jersey will give 100% and that is all I ask.

The BUs are also missing key players due to injury and suspension

Lining up our excuses early for the East Kilbride game......

we will have to remember on Saturday that the BU's had a tough midweek battle this week whereas East Kilbride's game was cancelled and all their players were rested.

31 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

we will have to remember on Saturday that the BU's had a tough midweek battle this week whereas East Kilbride's game was cancelled and all their players were rested.

dizzy from all the roundabouts

Edited by LongTimeLurker

5 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

You'll need to face EK without the support of your army of stewards.  😉