Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Totally insane, a fantastic footballer, passion, drive, determination, all the attributes of a good journeyman footballer, and that is before I mention how skillful, clever, vision and his leadership qualities... always lead from the front.

And .... a really lovely guy... crazy as they come, but I like him.

He will be sorely missed on the Newton Park pitch.

I think injuries just caught up with him and he was hurting all the time.

wishing him all the very best.

Thanks for all your efforts Ian. always appreciated.

Well I watched two short videos from Saturdays match. The Braves offside was clear enough. One of their players is right in front of Andy Murphy when the shot is taken affecting his ability to save the ball. Well spotted by the official.
As for the Comrie header/arm it's unclear from the footage.....

Farewell and best wishes to Ian Nimmo. Good player who liked to engage with the fans. I remember up at Fauldhouse where a totally excessive blootered clearance smashed one of their new advertising signs . One of their committee shouts "hey who's paying for that" .....and Ian quick as a flash replies "you can pay that from your Giro". The Hoose man wasn't happy but it made me laugh.

Can't believe that all you need to be able to watch a Bo'Ness game is a hi viz jacket. Surely it doesn't take 5 folk to 'guard' a 60m wide area that no one can even see in anyway 😂 but anything to keep the auld junior committee men happy I suppose. 

59 minutes ago, craigiemack said:

Can't believe that all you need to be able to watch a Bo'Ness game is a hi viz jacket. Surely it doesn't take 5 folk to 'guard' a 60m wide area that no one can even see in anyway 😂 but anything to keep the auld junior committee men happy I suppose. 

What the hell you blethering about?

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:
What the hell you blethering about?

I think he is having a wee dig at the number of committee men behind the goal at the Kinneil end. Good spacing between them so don't see what the issue is.

Yeah no issue with the distancing haha, just laughing that so many of them have blagged entry with their hi viz jackets on pretending to actually be doing something important.

2 hours ago, craigiemack said:

Aye we are all missing the games at our clubs, but if it wasn't for the committee guys, completing the required tasks  , which by the way, are a must to adhere to the rules. Then there would not be any games on for you to comment about

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

Yeah no issue with the distancing haha, just laughing that so many of them have blagged entry with their hi viz jackets on pretending to actually be doing something important.

The amount of nooks and crannies at Newtown for the ball to get launched into there’d be about an hour extra time if it weren’t for all those hi viz vests to make up for the lack of fans to fetch the ball.

Aye, they're jist Auld ball boys lol

The amount of nooks and crannies at Newtown for the ball to get launched into there’d be about an hour extra time if it weren’t for all those hi viz vests to make up for the lack of fans to fetch the ball.

3 hours ago, Broomage5 said:

Aye we are all missing the games at our clubs, but if it wasn't for the committee guys, completing the required tasks  , which by the way, are a must to adhere to the rules. Then there would not be any games on for you to comment about

I know it may look so excessive, C Mack, all those yellow hi Viz jackets, just watching the game, manning only their own areas. cough cough, but Broomy has it spot on. and as ridiculas as it looks, and it is way up there, it will be a requirement from the govt/spfl to ensure these areas have "working" personnel in them. We are all just so bloomin' envious... lucky bleeders. 

Tomorrow's game will be a very difficult game. Civil are a well established LL team who are normally mid to the top half of the table.

They haven't had a great start to the season but have played 3 possible title contenders and drawn or lost by the odd goal.

I would imagine they would have been after a better result against Gala, but the Rovers will have strengthened and improved also.

Every single game, as the first 4 have shown us, are going to be a battle.. a fight for everything you want.

I believe we are up for this fight.

C'mon the BUs