Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Some fans back in parts of the country on levels 0 and1 from Nov 2 apparently:

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Got the new framework via work. Not posting it as 70 pages but Stadia and Events are covered. Stadiums allowed to open with restricted numbers in levels 0 and 1. Closed to spectators in levels 2, 3 and 4

COVID thread on General Nonsense worth a read on that.

7 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Nothing good will happen until the daily new cases and death curves have peaked and started to decline. That might not be too far away as the rates of increase on those have been slowing down in a big way over the last two weeks. Won't say any more in case it derails this thread. If anyone wants to argue over that, post it in the COVID thread in General Nonsense.

Terrible advice. Best avoided. FAR too many experts on here... 😐

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Some fans back in parts of the country on levels 0 and1 from Nov 2 apparently:

COVID thread on General Nonsense worth a read on that.

It really isn’t! 😄

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Throwing a dart at a dartboard, now that's innovative. 😉

jog on simon pegg GIF

I was keen to avoid having any of the crazier pro-lockdown zealots start arguing with me about it here as I occasionally dabble in that thread. Fingers crossed level 1 is not that far off for all but the worst affected local council areas. Nicola S has an election to win next year so she is probably not going to go mental on shoving too many areas into level 3 and will be keen to lift restrictions when the numbers are heading in the right direction again. We'll find out soon enough.

11 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I was keen to avoid having any of the crazier pro-lockdown zealots start arguing with me about it here as I occasionally dabble in that thread. Fingers crossed level 1 is not that far off for all but the worst affected local council areas. Nicola S has an election to win next year so she is probably not going to go mental on shoving too many areas into level 3 and will be keen to lift restrictions when the numbers are heading in the right direction again. We'll find out soon enough.

Can’t happen soon enough. Right, enough of the political pish. Mon the BU.

Edited by 8MileBU

Made the mistake for the last streamed BU game to buy my ticket just twenty minutes before kick off.    Must have checked my Inbox and Spam folders 100 times before the link came through at the last minute.    Don't need that type of tension on a match day so the ticket has been bought already.

Let's hope the boys keep the run of wins going.    Mon the BU's !!!

I'll second that Dave.

ticket bought, just waiting on the email.

Strange .. I dislike intensely, the fact that we are not allowed in to watch our team, but still feel the butterflies and excitement of the impending game. Can't figure that one out.

I'll take a solid, hard working team performance now. If we grab the points also... then a bonus.

C'mon the BUs

1 minute ago, BU_Brian said:

Football!!!!   any idea of the line up for tomorrow's game?

No insider info but here's my best guess:-

Going for a 4-2-3-1

Murphy,    Back 4 of McFarlane and Stevenson, Campbell and Meikle  

Gemmell + Jacobs

Grant, Locke and Bell 

Miller up top

That leaves on the bench or out injured :- Adamson, Ritchie, NImmo, Anderson, Donnelly, Snowdon, Comrie and Hunter 

like any team, pace will always hurt us. 

can't remember anything being mentioned about young Ryan last week, but the guy he was up against was pretty tasty, fast and good on the ball, and I thought he dealt with him really well. a welcome return to the team.

I haven't seen too much of Zander, except with an opposition's shirt on, but he looks very lively.. pace, eye for a goal and looks like he has a very healthy work ethic.

BUT.. as it is going to have to be for every game this season, we cannot carry passengers. We need every player to give his all.

If we can get that, then a little bit of skill and luck on top, we might just add to our points total.

C'mon the BUs

1 hour ago, BU_Brian said:

I'll second that Dave.

ticket bought, just waiting on the email.

Strange .. I dislike intensely, the fact that we are not allowed in to watch our team, but still feel the butterflies and excitement of the impending game. Can't figure that one out.

I'll take a solid, hard working team performance now. If we grab the points also... then a bonus.

C'mon the BUs

I’d take the points before the performance. If it’s sexy football... then that’s a bonus.

21 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I’d take the points before the performance. If it’s sexy football... then that’s a bonus.

I was thinking primarily of moving forward, as a team, improving all the time. Which should keep us in good stead for all the other strong teams we are going to face.

But 8Mile, yeah, points in the bag. Has to be priority one.

Possibly thinking too far ahead. defo... ugly will suffice, if the points land our way.

41 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

You need Gemmell to deal with the pace issue.   No player can slow down an opposition break like Gemmell.   

Against the VoL: they had a breakaway from our corner, I think, and they ran all the way up the pitch until their forward was forced to run the ball over the by line by one of our players ... Michael. he ran almost the full length of the pitch to shepherd their attacker over the line ... and this was pretty late in the game.

The fitness, determination and mental strength to keep going at that intensity, every minute he is on the pitch... that is just insane.

reeeespect Michael.