Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

10 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A big part of the BU's success is down to them working hard for 95+ minutes every game and being well organised defensively.      

Our most important player in that regard -  Michael Gemmell.       When I call him a spoiler, time waster and master of the dark art of fouling I mean those comments as a huge compliment. 

Missed out his best attribute. The ability to referee the referee.😉

47 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

A big part of the BU's success is down to them working hard for 95+ minutes every game and being well organised defensively.      

Our most important player in that regard -  Michael Gemmell.       When I call him a spoiler, time waster and master of the dark art of fouling I mean those comments as a huge compliment. 

Gemmell is a b@stards b@stard.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Gemmell is a b@stards b@stard.

hahaha. compliments are flying... erm.. that was a comp, yeah 8Mile? lol

I spoke with Michael mid season last year. Said I was sorry for giving him pure and utter dog's abuse, whilst at the Haws.

he laughed.. said "I know" lol....then said "I love it"

When he is having abuse hurled at him, he "KNOWS" he is playing his game well.

Crazy thing is: I believe him.

Both him and Dev have been immense for us the first few games... but we need to have everybody doing a Dev... a Michael for the full 90. Definitely getting there, but we must continue to do so, and then ...  step it up.

tad harsh, sorry, but it is only going to get harder from here on in.

Thing is: I think we are up for it.

C'mon the BUs

Big game approaching. biggest of the season..so far. lol.

another test for the BUs that will stretch our defences and tighten up and restrict the areas for our attackers. 

These games are going to get harder and harder; We just need to get fitter, stronger and more streetwise with every passing game.

I think the incoming youth mixed in with the steel of the more experienced players may just prove to be a very solid and formidable combination.

we just have to work hard and earn the right to every point we can grab.

C'mon the BUIs.

1 minute ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Trialist Craig Meikle (aka "Meeks") has signed for the BU's until the end of the season. Speaking to the Falkirk Herald Max Christie said of the 41 year old defender "he's one for the future".

In Max we trust.

Brilliant Dave. hahahaha. LMAO here.

has to be said, the chap may very well be 41, but he "seemed" to stroll through the games I saw. No, wouldn't like to pit him against a young flying machine, but for positional play and easy on the eye, when in possession, he has done more good than harm.

looks a tough dude also. 

ANY .. seriously, ANY news ..however slight, about possible time frames for fans being allowed back?

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

You’d be as well sticking the months of the year on a dartboard, throwing a dart and that can be your guess. 😐

8 mile we’ll be saying this in 6 months time. If we can help the club through donate a ticket or the pay for streaming re Fanbase then that’s a bonus for the club. This is very hard times for everyone but we can only give what we can afford and whatever it is the club Will be grateful.

C’mon the BU’s

10 hours ago, boheesian said:

8 mile we’ll be saying this in 6 months time. If we can help the club through donate a ticket or the pay for streaming re Fanbase then that’s a bonus for the club. This is very hard times for everyone but we can only give what we can afford and whatever it is the club Will be grateful.

C’mon the BU’s

Aye, I think so.

13 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

...ANY .. seriously, ANY news ..however slight, about possible time frames for fans being allowed back?

Nothing good will happen until the daily new cases and death curves have peaked and started to decline. That might not be too far away as the rates of increase on those have been slowing down in a big way over the last two weeks. Won't say any more in case it derails this thread. If anyone wants to argue over that, post it in the COVID thread in General Nonsense.

Edited by LongTimeLurker