Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Max called him James about a dozen times during the game. You sure it was Martin Lawrie ?

Think Max was pulling names out of a hat hoping it fitted whoever he was shouting at

Bench consisted of Adamson, Nimmo (injured) , Comrie (injured ) & two trialists. Zander missing as well?

Anyway job done and now looking forward to watching Wednesday nights match. 

Pies in for  the game Dave?

Looking back at the game, we really should be proud of the lads.  An exceptional result against a seasoned Lowland League side, when we had six regulars missing and two that played were not fit.

It is this kind of fighting spirit that will see us succeed this season.

Good that we have signed a lad that can play across the back but ideally I would like to see some younger recruits, even if we arrange short-term loans to the Junior club.

24 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Looking back at the game, we really should be proud of the lads.  An exceptional result against a seasoned Lowland League side, when we had six regulars missing and two that played were not fit.

Good that we have signed a lad that can play across the back but ideally I would like to see some younger recruits, even if we arrange short-term loans to the Junior club.

Do you mean BU Juniors loan players to the big BU? My immediate concern would be getting them in sooner rather than later as they’ll get used to playing at that level and stagnate given its glorified amateurs and essentially 2 or 3 levels below.

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Do you mean BU Juniors loan players to the big BU? My immediate concern would be getting them in sooner rather than later as they’ll get used to playing at that level and stagnate given its glorified amateurs and essentially 2 or 3 levels below.

No, we sign promising youngsters and loan to Juniors.  I think we will see a much-improved Juniors side this season, once they get going.

Alternatively, we look at the WOSL.  Clubs are dropping like flies and perhaps a good time to look at talent there ( yes I know there are severe economic constraints).

11 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

No, we sign promising youngsters and loan to Juniors.  I think we will see a much-improved Juniors side this season, once they get going.

Alternatively, we look at the WOSL.  Clubs are dropping like flies and perhaps a good time to look at talent there ( yes I know there are severe economic constraints).

Ah ok, got you. WOSL is not a bad shout though given the issues they’re facing, but there’ll still be a lot of competition for signings. Finding promising youngsters and getting them signed is no easy feat down the leagues though.

Check your DM. 

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Agree 100%. Jambo.

team spirit, fighting for each other and prepared to put their foot where they may have got hurt.. brilliant display.

No, not always beautiful to watch, but just like last season, they fight to the very end.

Respect to the lads.. did the BUs proud. 

6 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

The BU's official website has a match report and some words from Max. He said 20 players had turned up for preseason training but 2 of the players had retired since then......who are the two ?

McGregor, Faulds.

1 minute ago, seenitall said:

Keast ?

Gone to Armadale.

I love Max's enthusiasm, his passion and drive which shows in his players.. his team.

Another hard game on Wednesday .. they are all going to be. Hopefully a few back from injury and Ryan's suspension - how many games was it?

apologies for the copyright infringement but... In Max we trust.

6 minutes ago, bigwullieac said:

thats a shame about Keast, was great 1st half of last season and when he came back from injury slotted right back in again. Guess just too much competition up front?

Was told he has good job with West Lothian Council and maybe the commitment wasn’t there. Have to agree when fit he was top drawer.

45 minutes ago, boheesian said:

McGregor, Faulds.

Graeme McGregor and Kris Faulds? 

That's a shame, as neither of them were that old, although Faulds had a few bad injuries when he played with us a few seasons ago.

I imagine the current situation will have a few players retiring or taking time away from the game when they otherwise wouldn't have considered it.

28 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Kris Faulds sits in 2nd place in the BU list of disappointing signings.

.... Joe Prince-Wright still number 1.

to be fair on Kris: he joined the BUs whilst still rehabbing from a serious injury. Tried one game/training session game and hurt himself again. And.. I am led to believe .. wouldn't take a penny until he was fit and ready to play.