Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

6 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

knowing that a friendly is going on, and I cannot get in to watch it ... bad enough

BUT.. an actual league game???

I have no idea how I am going to get through Saturday afternoon.

any news of how we got on with the media team?

I have done the camera work myself, for over half a season, but it wasn't good - I wasn't good.. 

A: you aren't really concentrating on the game, just looking through that screen and following the ball.

B: I concentrated on the game too much and forgot to move the camera.. nightmare. seriously. missed big portions of the game. You don't mean to, you just get carried away.

Highlights would suffice at this moment in time.

C'Mon the BUs

It's nae easy to stick at it - after eight seasons at Largs Thistle, there were times in 2019/20 I really just wanted to turn the camcorder off and watch the game. Watching the full matches showed how little attention I was paying, compared to the clips used in highlights.

Think that's a sign I need to revamp how I cover it all.

Edited by Sunrise

I  only had a taster Sunrise, but I can empathise with your plight.

Not wishing to leave your team without a media outlet, but you have done your stint and, I would imagine, made thousands of people happy during your time. Take a wee break, kick back and, when we are allowed, get back to supporting your team in the way it should be done, going crazy when a lovely move or a goal is scored by your team. Enjoying that time, there and then.

Only neg ... rough with the smooth. lol.

Hoping you have a good season.

The news they are planning to stream the BU game on Saturday is most welcome.

Plan to put the BU scarf on and stand in the garden to watch it on the laptop........all that will be missing is Jamboness shouting, Sandy Q's rotten jokes and the sound of BigWullieAC munching his pie.

#LetFansIn

1 hour ago, BU_Brian said:

8Mile, that is music to my ears. 🙂

If they can get that off the ground, brilliant.

hoping they charge for it. Any income, however slight, can only be a bonus.

cheered me up no end that. Thank you.

C'mon the BUs

The guys putting the time into getting us our Saturday BU fix by whatever means are the ones who deserve the thanks tbh, not me. I only shared a Twitter link. 

I hope they do charge something for it if it gets money into the BU coffers, even do a minimum donation type-thing so we aren’t pricing anyone out. Not that I think any fixed price wouldn’t be what most would deem “affordable”, but I think it’s important to consider that some people might have had to tighten the purse strings in these covid times. 

Personally I’d be happy to donate though if BU go down the PPV route albeit I don’t think I’ll get to watch it. The schools finishing up for the October holidays and a wife who makes other plans knowing that fans can’t attend matches is quite simply awful 😤

Edited by 8MileBU

50 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Plan to put the BU scarf on and stand in the garden to watch it on the laptop........all that will be missing is Jamboness shouting, Sandy Q's rotten jokes and the sound of BigWullieAC munching his pie.

#LetFansIn

think I'll be socially distancing from you permanently for that comment Dave! haha

21 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

#LetFansIn

If we score you will still hear my shouts, from the other end of town!

8 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

With the rules in place technically someone from boness cant go to linlithgow but can go to callander. As wee nippys law is you can only travel in your own health board area

Fine by me. 

F*** Lithgy. Mon the Callander!

25 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

With the rules in place technically someone from boness cant go to linlithgow but can go to callander. As wee nippys law is you can only travel in your own health board area

Great post.

Apart from not one part of it being accurate.

13 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Great post.

Apart from not one part of it being accurate.

Hows it not accurate. You can only travel within your own health board. Boness is in forth valley as is callander. Linlithgow is in lothians so you technically cant travel there. There is no travel restriction other than advised to stay in health board area. SNP and nicola can go and take a flying f**k to.themselves