Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

18 hours ago, seenitall said:

Bo’ness 5 Crossgates 0 on Crossgates facebook .
Would have been nice as a BU fan to find the result on BU Facebook .
Fans matter !!

You looking at the official site ???? 
obviously not ! 

Unsure how pertinent the score is.

More minutes in the legs and definitely not a bad habit to get in to: scoring goals, but we don't know what the young Crossgates management team of Alan and Alastair were trying to do. Were they playing there strongest team, looking to see where the stand against a decent, hopefully, LL team, or were they playing their players in a few different positions, trying out new formations, maybe a few new players?

yeah, a win is a win and is always received gratefully, but being fit and ready, both physically and mentally for the start of the new season, that is our end game. 

The game against Crossgates Primrose was another stepping stone to that end. 

I wish Crossgates all the best in their endeavours for this coming season.

They have continued to improve, year on year, for the last 3 or so years. I hope they continue to do so.

11 hours ago, seenitall said:

Nothing on official site until way after Crossgates posted .
They even posted half time score

Well it was well documented that they were looking for a media person, instead of having a go, maybe you could help them out ?!

On 27/09/2020 at 16:17, 8MileBU said:

If they’ve been out about the town in Linlithgow it’s no surprise. If the sun is out the High Street is practically a visual lesson in how to contravene all the social distancing rules.

Would it not be that they had played the Shire the previous week, who subsequently had players test positive?

no excuses for the scoreline. The Haws are a very good team. ... respect.

The official twitter feed states "This midweek the lads have played 2 games and a training session, putting the hard yards in ahead of the big kick-off next week"  which is exactly what we all want to hear: commitment, dedication and a desire to play for the BUs. 

Winning? brilliant. we all love it, but in these pre-season friendlies, this is where Max will be testing every player, maybe putting them into areas where they may not feel so comfortable .. how do they react.  Defeats also tell the management staff, sometimes, a lot about the team and certain players than a game against easier opposition.

maybe a wee eye opener also.

Next season is going to be hard, very hard... but we have to stick together, get behind the team and let them know... if they give their all, we will always give them our respect, our trust, our support.

C'mon the BUs.

When he was at Bo'ness United he was really overweight. Most views expressed from the BU faithful will be based on the shape he was (or wasn't) in. Alden had posted a topless picture of himself on LinkedIn in May this year and he said he had lost 3 and a half stone and was in his best shape ever. The big man looked mean and lean with a 6 pack. Nothing like the big man that played for the BU's.

My opinion is he is a natural defender who can play on the deck and is good in the air. I reckon your club has made a very good signing.

We (Stirling Albion) have signed Aldin El-Zubaidi. Is he any good? Seems to have been with you guys most recently?
Reckon he will adapt for league 2 with no issues?

knowing that a friendly is going on, and I cannot get in to watch it ... bad enough

BUT.. an actual league game???

I have no idea how I am going to get through Saturday afternoon.

any news of how we got on with the media team?

I have done the camera work myself, for over half a season, but it wasn't good - I wasn't good.. 

A: you aren't really concentrating on the game, just looking through that screen and following the ball.

B: I concentrated on the game too much and forgot to move the camera.. nightmare. seriously. missed big portions of the game. You don't mean to, you just get carried away.

Highlights would suffice at this moment in time.

C'Mon the BUs

On 03/10/2020 at 17:15, DavidMcG said:

We (Stirling Albion) have signed Aldin El-Zubaidi. Is he any good? Seems to have been with you guys most recently?

Reckon he will adapt for league 2 with no issues?

Basically along the same lines as Deanburn Dave’s post, when he was with us you could see there was a decent centre back underneath several stone of excess weight. If Aldin’s got himself back in shape then you might have a decent signing.

3 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

knowing that a friendly is going on, and I cannot get in to watch it ... bad enough

BUT.. an actual league game???

I have no idea how I am going to get through Saturday afternoon.

any news of how we got on with the media team?

I have done the camera work myself, for over half a season, but it wasn't good - I wasn't good.. 

A: you aren't really concentrating on the game, just looking through that screen and following the ball.

B: I concentrated on the game too much and forgot to move the camera.. nightmare. seriously. missed big portions of the game. You don't mean to, you just get carried away.

Highlights would suffice at this moment in time.

C'Mon the BUs

If it was you doing the highlights from last season, definitely wouldn't be beating myself up, they were of pretty good quality and it was great to even be able to see it back. Good on you for taking the role on in the first place! I would love to help out media wise, but knowing how passionate I get on match days, I wouldn't trust myself to be professional enough to take on that sort of role. I do hope someone is able to take it on this season especially in current circumstances.

2 hours ago, bigwullieac said:

If it was you doing the highlights from last season, definitely wouldn't be beating myself up, they were of pretty good quality and it was great to even be able to see it back. Good on you for taking the role on in the first place! I would love to help out media wise, but knowing how passionate I get on match days, I wouldn't trust myself to be professional enough to take on that sort of role. I do hope someone is able to take it on this season especially in current circumstances.

Maybe the club could approach the Academy with a proposal  to encourage a group of 5th or 6th years to take on the job of the media team as a project. Get the young ones involved at the club.

Edited by boheesian

Young kids doing the media work is always a great idea, but it is their inconsistency that is their downfall. They don't always turn up, and they cost you a fortune in pies and Bovril.. lol    kidding ... but seriously, They are a great option, but being so young leaves you open to unreliability... no fault of theirs, just them being young.

no, Big Wullie, that was not me last year... I defo would have put my name to that.

it was with another team, a good few years ago. I also talked through the game so it was "almost" like a commentary .. well .. from a distance. 

It is an art, you have to be dedicated for that period of time. it really is difficult, certainly if you are a fan and just want to shout encouragement for your team ... maybe a little abuse for the opposition.

love the bite.. if they are screaming abuse back at you... they aren't playing their game.