Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

Just now, Deanburn Dave said:

Boo.....I expected better from you Jamboness....... actually, on reflection I probably didn't.

Hopefully "the boys are back in town" soon.....and we can see them.

Oh dear Dave.  Is that me out of your huddle of 5 or 6 at the game now?

I know the manager of the Shipyard. Nice bloke and has done really well since taking over. He has made them a harder team to score against.

certainly the lowland v east of Scotland will be a major factor,  but I feel, for almost every single cup game. it is down to who wants it the most.

I believe, with the determination, work ethic and skill of the BUs, we will move into the 3rd round.

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/international/boness-united-boss-max-christie-assesses-unique-challenges-lowland-league-2967944

Meanwhile, Bo’ness have put both Brian Morgan and Kieran Anderson on the transfer list.

“There has already been interest in the two players from other clubs,” Christie added.

“I think it was a lifestyle issue for Brian.

“He is a Sauchie boy and was finding the travelling from Sauchie to Bo’ness a bit tough.

“It’s a wake up call for Kieran.

“He has come in, he needs to lose weight and get fitter and have a better attitude about the place and he has to be fair.

“He’s a talented boy, I had him at Broxburn (where Christie was manager from 2015 to 2017), I paid money for him.

“But there comes a point where he is not a kid any more and he needs to show us whether he wants to play football at this level or does he want to go and play amateur?

“Does he want to score 50 goals a year at that level or does he want to challenge himself?

“The ball’s in his court.”

Max not mincing his words here!

He was finding the travelling tough[emoji1787]Ffs its 18 miles [emoji1787][emoji1787]

https://www.linlithgowgazette.co.uk/sport/football/international/boness-united-boss-max-christie-assesses-unique-challenges-lowland-league-2967944

Meanwhile, Bo’ness have put both Brian Morgan and Kieran Anderson on the transfer list.

“There has already been interest in the two players from other clubs,” Christie added.

“I think it was a lifestyle issue for Brian.

“He is a Sauchie boy and was finding the travelling from Sauchie to Bo’ness a bit tough.

“It’s a wake up call for Kieran.

“He has come in, he needs to lose weight and get fitter and have a better attitude about the place and he has to be fair.

“He’s a talented boy, I had him at Broxburn (where Christie was manager from 2015 to 2017), I paid money for him.

“But there comes a point where he is not a kid any more and he needs to show us whether he wants to play football at this level or does he want to go and play amateur?

“Does he want to score 50 goals a year at that level or does he want to challenge himself?

“The ball’s in his court.”

Max not mincing his words here!

sorry to hear about this for a few reasons. The major being: we are not that good a team that we can easily let talent like this walk out the door.
Brian's energy, physical style and never say attitude will definitely be hard to replace. He was a major contributor to the BU's entry into the LL.
I believe his Brother in law is the manager of Sauchie and has been nipping his ear for a return to his old team.
Kieran is a strange one. all the skill, pace and willingness to have a pop at target from anywhere - a habit that is not found in too many players. 
But .. unfortunately, if the changing room ... and this is where it starts and finishes as we all know ... is not happy, then the offending item has to be removed.. bad apple and all that.
Nice enough chap to talk to. Definitely confident in his own ability, and why not: after seeing him come on as a sub out at Blackburn. I thought this was it ... but his work rate is suspect.
shame, because he could have been a very big star for the BUs.
I wish them both well in the future endeavours.

45 minutes ago, BU_Brian said:

sorry to hear about this for a few reasons. The major being: we are not that good a team that we can easily let talent like this walk out the door.
Brian's energy, physical style and never say attitude will definitely be hard to replace. He was a major contributor to the BU's entry into the LL.
I believe his Brother in law is the manager of Sauchie and has been nipping his ear for a return to his old team.
Kieran is a strange one. all the skill, pace and willingness to have a pop at target from anywhere - a habit that is not found in too many players. 
But .. unfortunately, if the changing room ... and this is where it starts and finishes as we all know ... is not happy, then the offending item has to be removed.. bad apple and all that.
Nice enough chap to talk to. Definitely confident in his own ability, and why not: after seeing him come on as a sub out at Blackburn. I thought this was it ... but his work rate is suspect.
shame, because he could have been a very big star for the BUs.
I wish them both well in the future endeavours.

I said hed have been better at camelon. He was the star man with us. Theirs players that suit certain clubs. Stuart cringean was like that aswell was at the rose but too many yellows and red their and he came.to us and was a legend

Morgan leaving would be a blow but we still have a strong squad in midfield and attack.   So here would be my starting 11 in a 4-4-2 formation

Murphy,

Jacobs, MacGregor, Hunter and Campbell

Gemmell, Comrie, Stevenson, and Locke

Miller and Ritchie

Having said that's my 11,  Nimmo and Donnelly look fit and desperate to get aboot them in the field of battle .......and I reckon against the top end teams in the LL that experienced battlers will often be the type of player that max chooses.