Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

17 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
1 hour ago, Standalone said:
Probably been asked before, but does anyone know what the admission fee is for Lowland League matches?

Varies by club. Majority are £6/7 with outliers of £8 for East Stirling & £10 for Berwick.

Thank you.

On 23/08/2020 at 22:19, Standalone said:

Probably been asked before, but does anyone know what the admission fee is for Lowland League matches?

Anything outside of the top four leagues is a bargain. A lot of the non league clubs are great at letting in pensioners and three or four grandkids for a total price of £4!!!

12 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
On 24/08/2020 at 19:10, Deanburn Dave said:
The higher the standard of football the more you expect to pay.

So you may find that Linlithgow Rose are charging £3..........for a season ticket !!!

Baboom Tish.

They're not in the LL though so surely that shouldnt matter?

Strictly speaking, you are right.  However, you cannot erase years of rivalry just because they are now in our shadow (see, I can't help it either).

15 minutes ago, Burmah Oil said:

Will yu miss the derbies against Lithgae or will the Shire be your new grudge match? Have you often gone a season without playing Lithgae?

I personally won’t miss them as they’re in the league below. Instead, I’ll be looking forward to playing opponents new and old in the Lowland League this season.

I agree with 8Mile, why look back? This season is going to be, probably, the hardest footballing season Bo'ness have ever had.

New challenges. teams filled with quality, pace, youth and experience.

We are going to have to be at our best ... every single game.

We won't have time to look back.

C'mon the BUs

Makes sense but if you had a choice would you want them promoted into the Lowland next season to get your derby back? Or could you have moved on to bigger fish like the Shire? Hearts are a league under Hibs this year but a lot of Hibbees will miss the derbies. Livingston are in the same league but the rivalry is not in the same league.

If you go up to League two you might be two leagues away from Lithgae. I wonder if that has ever happened. I dont think Lithgae will be in danger of going down!

The games, Burmah, have been full of blood, guts, snots and some lovely skills and if they come around again, then we will see what happens.

However, today, and for the foreseeable future, we can only look ahead and think about ourselves. 

We have a very competitive season ahead of us and hypothetical games won't help us in our quest.

we must stay focussed on what is in front of us ... only.

39 minutes ago, Burmah Oil said:

Makes sense but if you had a choice would you want them promoted into the Lowland next season to get your derby back? Or could you have moved on to bigger fish like the Shire? Hearts are a league under Hibs this year but a lot of Hibbees will miss the derbies. Livingston are in the same league but the rivalry is not in the same league.

If you go up to League two you might be two leagues away from Lithgae. I wonder if that has ever happened. I dont think Lithgae will be in danger of going down!

Nut they deserve to be where they are. 

Dont care, but would probably still celebrate wildly if they did! 😄

Edited by 8MileBU

Totally agree that it's going to be tough.
The biggest thing in the BU's favour is there's loads of experience, skill and fight in the squad and the addition of Miller and Locke enhances that.

I agree with 8Mile, why look back? This season is going to be, probably, the hardest footballing season Bo'ness have ever had.
New challenges. teams filled with quality, pace, youth and experience.
We are going to have to be at our best ... every single game.
We won't have time to look back.
C'mon the BUs

17 hours ago, Burmah Oil said:

To be honest they have a big job on to win the EOS. Two derbies is not the be all and end of a season we have as Jamboness  says a lot of hard and interesting matches. Old adversaries like Kelty & Bonnyrigg whet the appetite as does matches against BSC, EK, Shire, Berwick etc.

So naw will not miss the Derbies.

Edited by boheesian

16 minutes ago, Burmah Oil said:

Not stirring just asking!! Maybe you will be looking out for them in the Scottish Cup or South Region Cup when the times comes around.

No worries Burmah. From the replies to your original question, I think it’s pretty clear that unless we’re drawn against them in a cup, Linlithgow Rose will largely be an afterthought for most if not all BU supporters.