Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Weird, cos it looks like pink won the vote.

So will the home kit just be the opposite of the home kit then?

pink won the Twitter vote but you could also vote on Facebook 

Don't think the home kit will be a straight reverse of the away kit. The current Puma team range appears to have 3 Royal Blue tops.

If the BU's go for the same range as the white kit then the Royal Blue kit has got dark blue trim ( not white). I reckon that's the one they will go for.

There's another range which has Royal Blue from the moobs down and a wavy lined blue and white pattern above the moobs.

There's also a plain Royal Blue with a large honeycomb/hexagon pattern on the front . It has a normal surface on the back.

14 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Don't think the home kit will be a straight reverse of the away kit. The current Puma team range appears to have 3 Royal Blue tops.

If the BU's go for the same range as the white kit then the Royal Blue kit has got dark blue trim ( not white). I reckon that's the one they will go for.

There's another range which has Royal Blue from the moobs down and a wavy lined blue and white pattern above the moobs.

There's also a plain Royal Blue with a large honeycomb/hexagon pattern on the front . It has a normal surface on the back.

Was it on Puma’s website you seen these?

8 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Link above 8mile. Swipe down to find the pink top then swipe to the side to find the Blue and the White tops.

Just been having a look at the teamwear section of Puma’s website. A few templates to choose from and they all look smart. Hopefully I’ve copied the link properly and they should all be set to blue.

https://www.pumateamwear.com/product-category/jerseys/?filter_color=royal&query_type_color=or

Thanks for the link Dave. 

Glad the white won... it is the best looking I think. Couple of my mates (not BU fans) messaged me and said they had chosen Pink... never sure what to believe with that lot .. lol,

On reflection, it was open to all yeah?.. could have turned out nasty. 🙂

Who will chose the home strips?

On 02/08/2020 at 22:11, Standalone said:

Get back to the traditional  Bo'ness  United strip of blue tops and white shorts. It served us well for seventy years, could never understand why it was changed to blue shorts.

Camelon had same problem we were red shirts white shorts and red socks. Apparently we are going back to that for our centenary season strip after years or being all red

I do remember the time when the season would start using the white shorts but moving to blue shorts during the winter

Get back to the traditional  Bo'ness  United strip of blue tops and white shorts. It served us well for seventy years, could never understand why it was changed to blue shorts.

White shorts will make almost any football top stand out better but, unfortunately, the weather, constant heavy muck and grit, it takes its toll on these colours and you end up purchasing a few pair every coupe of weeks. Once stained, they are a nightmare trying to keep white. whereas other colours have a greater tolerance for stains... they hide them better. lol

2 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

White shorts will make almost any football top stand out better but, unfortunately, the weather, constant heavy muck and grit, it takes its toll on these colours and you end up purchasing a few pair every coupe of weeks. Once stained, they are a nightmare trying to keep white. whereas other colours have a greater tolerance for stains... they hide them better. lol

I agree with you entirely when you say that white shorts make the top stand out and is part of the reason I prefer them. As for your comment regarding the cleaning of them, I can tell you that in the late 1940s and early 50s the strips and shorts were washed in an outside washhouse, hung out and ironed for Saturdays and mid week games. Bo'ness United were always one if not the best turned out teams in junior football. Now seventy years on with all modern equipment we cannot expect the same, it's a poor show.

I thought that as away strips were now the fashion or the rules, we were talking about a home strip. If that is the case, I would say that because of the extreme efforts of NPA. we now have first class Astro turf. Games hopefully not postponed, muck and grit a thing of the past, I don't see a problem.

As we move into the higher league lets at least look more professional.        Just my opinion.

No argument here Standalone, 

Professionalism is the key to today's football. 

high intensity training, a proper rest for the body to let it recover, healthy diet and all this before a ball is kicked.

and if your team is lucky enough to have a bloomin' great dressing room.  sorted.

I just loved watching the BU players last year, run past one of their own to put in a challenge. Backing each other up all over the pitch, for the full 90. THAT sort of commitment and respect has to be earned .. and every one of them did that last season.

it is going to be even tougher this year, but if they bring anything like they did last season, I think we may be pretty safe. 

Nothing, however, is given. we are going to have to fight, scratch and bite to earn every single point we get.

It is going to be a great season though, watching the guys giving there all. It's all we can ever ask.

C'mon the BUs.

13 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

No argument here Standalone, 

Professionalism is the key to today's football. 

high intensity training, a proper rest for the body to let it recover, healthy diet and all this before a ball is kicked.

and if your team is lucky enough to have a bloomin' great dressing room.  sorted.

I just loved watching the BU players last year, run past one of their own to put in a challenge. Backing each other up all over the pitch, for the full 90. THAT sort of commitment and respect has to be earned .. and every one of them did that last season.

it is going to be even tougher this year, but if they bring anything like they did last season, I think we may be pretty safe. 

Nothing, however, is given. we are going to have to fight, scratch and bite to earn every single point we get.

It is going to be a great season though, watching the guys giving there all. It's all we can ever ask.

C'mon the BUs.

Just being able to watch will be a joy.