Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

51 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I see that BUJFC have signed ex BU Ryan Lemetti. ... and Darren Gribben has signed on for another year as a player/coach. I reckon the BU Juniors will be further up the table next season.

.........and I know "Junior Forum for this p1sh" !!!

Current BU Juniors that have played with BU:

Gribben

Robb

Lemetti

Daramola

Some turnaround in the Juniors squad with new higher calibre youngsters and, admirably, 6 Bo’ness lads involved. All bodes well for BU seniors if these players continue to progress and develop.

55 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I see that BUJFC have signed ex BU Ryan Lemetti. ... and Darren Gribben has signed on for another year as a player/coach. I reckon the BU Juniors will be further up the table next season.

.........and I know "Junior Forum for this p1sh" !!!

david bowie what GIF

11 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

Current BU Juniors that have played with BU:

Gribben

Robb

Lemetti

Daramola

Some turnaround in the Juniors squad with new higher calibre youngsters and, admirably, 6 Bo’ness lads involved. All bodes well for BU seniors if these players continue to progress and develop.

Good luck guys can see you being a big player in the east juniors next season great local boys getting a chance at newtown park also , possibly give some of the west big guns a run for there money. 

Enjoyed charlie boness social media for years a guy you can always go to for club history and news very reliable keep up the good work. 

Edited by ballermk

we are moving up .. we need to be more professional. 

As was mentioned a few posts back, with dedicated guys producing quality work every week, the "pull" of the unofficial sites will lessen as the official media outlets begin to inform the fans of the news, gossip and general goings on within the club.

after match video interviews with the management and players.

Brilliant news.

Hows it brilliant news??  Chances of getting somone to do it asking this way are slim to none. 

Online begging for someone to come fill in numerous roles including a social media operator?? 

Who even uses that term ffs. 

No proper professional club in the higher tiers should be asking like this openly it smacks of desperation. 

Boness utd playing junior fighting it out for honors out the home ground newton park with local boys will big a decent draw in the town.

The other boness accounts people are creatures of habit and guy charlie has been doing a good job for years they will continue to appeal to many. 

Edited by ballermk

2 hours ago, ballermk said:

Hows it brilliant news??  Chances of getting somone to do it asking this way are slim to none. 

Online begging for someone to come fill in numerous roles including a social media operator?? 

No proper professional club in the higher tiers should be asking like this openly it smacks of desperation. 

Boness utd playing junior fighting it out for honors out the home ground newton park with local boys will big a decent draw in the town.

The other boness accounts people are creatures of habit and guy charlie has been doing a good job for years they will continue to appeal to many. 

I think you seem to forget that all officials at any club at this level are supporters that want to get involved with their local club, and do it voluntary! 
 How else would you advertise a position that requires done and bettered ???! Any organisation would advertise this way, so desperation is a clueless word. 
I think it’s a great idea that would possibly appeal to a person with that skill set and desire to do this that is a local person and would love to get involved

trolling and hidden agendas spring to mind in your last two posts

2 hours ago, ballermk said:

You'll find its quite common practice. Welcome to the 21st Century.

3 hours ago, ballermk said:

Another load of rubbish. Get your sleep out before hitting a keyboard. 

5 hours ago, ballermk said:

I thought from your last post you were maybe Charlie in disguise, dumbing down.  Now I see that I was wrong, I am sure Charlie would not come out with this tripe.

If you read carefully it asks for volunteers, not just one person.  So, I am sure there are several fans who would love to get closer to the club and help it progress.

How can it be "online begging" when it is social media roles that are required?  Where else to advertise?  Perhaps Farmers weekly by your logic.

Bigging up the Junior team is what smacks of desperation.  They used mainly local players last season and finished at the wrong end of the table.  Gribben, Lemetti & Daramola to name but 3 are hardly local.  I don't know how many of their games you attended last season but the majority of the small crowds were regular BU fans.

You are right on one count.  He still has followers due to creatures of habit.  However, if his site does not have up to the minute news, that he can't copy, his watering hole will dry up and those creatures of habit will wander to the correct oasis.

On 26/07/2020 at 11:42, Jambo'ness said:

A call out to P'n'B.  You have not yet included us in the list of Lowland League clubs for the season ahead.  You've already 'relegated' Hearts to the Championship forum,

Is it because a certain moderator is in the cream puff? 

😉

Tynierose or some other kind moderator has added the BU's to the list.    

Dont know about BUFC but I saw the Bo'ness amateur football players were training in small groups of 5 along the academy pitch recently. All players keeping 2m apart. I think that's all that's allowed for non SPFL players just now.
I am still hopeful of friendlies at end September and league games mid October. Fingers crossed.

Horrible weather, but would love to be standing in it... watching a game of football.
Any idea when they may be allowed to start training?

The EoSFL website has on its homepage details of the return to football stages from the SFA website but no dates for the 4 stages.

Stage 1 (restricted contact training ),. stage 2 (Full contact training),. stage 3 (friendlies) and stage 4 (proper games)