Bo'ness United FC Lowland League 2020/21

Deanburn Dave

10 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

I don't know the story behind the "schism" so won't comment on the rights and wrongs of that, but (and I say this just as a supporter) I really wish "the other site" would make it clear on the website or Twitter bio etc that it's unofficial. Especially as it's in a position to masquerade as being official.

Said site tweeted just a few days ago using the phrase "all lives matter". Okay, it was on the subject of coronavirus, but still - at best that's an incredibly careless use of language at the moment. It risks damaging the reputation of the club.

If folk want to run fan sites or social media, great - indeed, it's to be welcomed - but in the best interests of the club please make it clear that's what you are.

You are 100% correct.  How someone, intelligent enough to run a website, is so void of common sense beats me.

9 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I know myself and Jambo’ness have both said similar things, feel the same way about it and have expressed this to the owner of the unofficial website and unofficial Twitter account. I was far-far more tactful than Jambo’ness (😄) but despite my exemplary manners and politeness, I was met with a similar petulant “IDGAF I’ll do what I want!” type of response. 

I am also just a supporter but it annoys me seeing the unofficial account with more followers than the official one just because it’s been going longer and I think most it’s followers don’t realise. It also pisses me off that he’s frequently tweeting totally irrelevant stuff and I agree that tweets which appear to be going down a racial/political route i.e. the All Lives Matter tweet could be potentially misconstrued or damaging.

I don't know the guy personally, so have no axe to grind there.  Where I get angered is that he is using his ego to potentially damage the club I support.

Why he feels the need to continue the charade just underlines his character.

40 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

You are 100% correct.  How someone, intelligent enough to run a website, is so void of common sense beats me.

I don't know the guy personally, so have no axe to grind there.  Where I get angered is that he is using his ego to potentially damage the club I support.

Likewise. As you say, it’s nothing personal, but I fail to see what he gains or is trying to achieve by ignoring the requests to ‘rebrand’.

Edited by 8MileBU

A call out to P'n'B.  You have not yet included us in the list of Lowland League clubs for the season ahead.  You've already 'relegated' Hearts to the Championship forum,

Is it because a certain moderator is in the cream puff? 

😉

36 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

A call out to P'n'B.  You have not yet included us in the list of Lowland League clubs for the season ahead.  You've already 'relegated' Hearts to the Championship forum,

Is it because a certain moderator is in the cream puff? 

😉

Put in a message or question in the "support" section at the top of the main page 👍

I'm going to try and make an effort to get to a few more 'pyramid' games in and around Edinburgh and the Lothians next season if it doesn't clash with East Fife games. Newtown Park looks like a cracking ground and it'll be interesting to see how good the teams moving over from the juniors are so hopefully I'll get along to one or two Bo'ness games next season.

38 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm going to try and make an effort to get to a few more 'pyramid' games in and around Edinburgh and the Lothians next season if it doesn't clash with East Fife games. Newtown Park looks like a cracking ground and it'll be interesting to see how good the teams moving over from the juniors are so hopefully I'll get along to one or two Bo'ness games next season.

You will be more than welcome.  

Looking forward to the season ahead and many new things await us.  A total of 13 of the 16 have never played us in a competitive game at their park, so lots of new grounds to visit, although Alloa & Falkirk Stadium wont be new to many of us.

What differences are others looking forward to?

Edited by Jambo'ness

It WAS going to be the start of our regular participation in the Scottish Cup but that looks doomed for next season at least.

On the plus side looking forward to the new grounds, watching Zander becoming a goal machine, seeing Craig Comrie develop into a top class midfielder, enjoying BigGameHunter winning battles at 38, shouting abuse at Barry Ferguson.......and of course listening to Jamboness drown out sirens with his ridiculously loud and passionate shouts of "Mon the BU's".

Cannot wait !!!

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

When's the last time Bo'ness played in higher tier than Lithgae if ever?

It could be argued that Bo'ness, as you put it, have for the most part been in a higher tier.  Bo'ness were a senior side right up to 1939 and all the wee rose had was a junior team.  Then when the BU Juniors started, the wee rose didn't appear until 1949

Will there be compensation from the Scottish FA for teams not being selected? I would imagine, for some teams, this would/could be the major financial boost they look forward to every season. A Scottish cup run can setup the smaller teams for a good couple of years.

8 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

Will there be compensation from the Scottish FA for teams not being selected? I would imagine, for some teams, this would/could be the major financial boost they look forward to every season. A Scottish cup run can setup the smaller teams for a good couple of years.

£5k to those not selected.

In 2019-20 the prize money for each round was PR1 = £3k, PR2 = £3k, R1 = £4k, R2 = £5k which is accumulates each round. So PR1-R2 knock out would have meant £15k in prize money.

Basically if you expect to get knocked out in one round its a pretty good offer, but if you win just one game you'd make more money.

11 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

No club at any level should base their income projections around having  cup runs.

Just had a look and there's nothing on their Facebook, Twitter, or website to indicate these are unofficial and not connected to the club. A long term grudge by people who do not have the best interests of Bo'ness United in mind. Poor show.

I totally agree with you  Junior Pub League. Teams should not base their income upon projected cup runs. Attempt to and failure is almost always around the corner. I was, however, asking about the compensation a team would get for being in .. say the prelims .. where they get wasted 18-nil... but would still receive some monies from the SFA. This would not be a "projected" income but fixed/guaranteed.

Thank you Fairweather... that was exactly what I was enquiring about. thanks.

As a side note: Today's football, again unfortunately, is all about money. The fans? no, they love their clubs whether at the top or bottom of their league, but a horribly sad fact is, no money.. no club.