Thank You EOSL

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Can say what I want as it is all about opinion. Why not compare it to last season? Burgh have made a few signings, which improves our  squad from last season. Who knows if I am right or wrong, but I bet the top 8 will come from the teams I listed.

Exactly,yer probably correct and all about opinion, surprised you've opted for a top 9 finish though,  I thought you'd be aiming higher based on yer 2nd half of season?

My point was players will have moved on and some teams will be totally different. 

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

We played Tynecastle in our last match, before COVID-19 put a stop to last season. A very close match, but their top scorer, with 40 (?) goals is now with Bonnyrigg. 

So they did,there you go,forgot aboot that one. Big boots to fill. 

Al just be happy when we get a chance to watch a match again especially wi the fan base teams like yourselves bring.

⚽💰🍻👍

Edited by newcastle broon

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Exactly,yer probably correct and all about opinion, surprised you've opted for a top 9 finish though,  I thought you'd be aiming higher based on yer 2nd half of season?

My point was players will have moved on and some teams will be totally different. 

So they did,there you go,forgot aboot that one. Big boots to fill. 

Al just be happy when we get a chance to watch a match again especially wi the fan base teams like yourselves bring.

⚽💰🍻👍

It would have been interesting to find out where we would have finished last season, if it was concluded. Don’t think though it would have been higher than 8th. Lost our first 7 or 8 away league matches, our first win coming up at your ground! Though, with 8 minutes to go, no one was thinking that was going to happen!

IF, we start season, like we finished, I would be confident of top 5. It is a stab in the dark, but I have tried with my earlier message. Look forward to another trip to Rosewell, when I hope your floodlights will be up and running, and you maintain your licence with SFA! 👍

13 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

It would have been interesting to find out where we would have finished last season, if it was concluded. Don’t think though it would have been higher than 8th. Lost our first 7 or 8 away league matches, our first win coming up at your ground! Though, with 8 minutes to go, no one was thinking that was going to happen!

IF, we start season, like we finished, I would be confident of top 5. It is a stab in the dark, but I have tried with my earlier message. Look forward to another trip to Rosewell, when I hope your floodlights will be up and running, and you maintain your licence with SFA! 👍

The first game under our lights was a decisive game, looking back.  Having lost to you in the Alex Jack a month earlier, things could have gone off the rails but our late smash n' grab highlighted the determination shown for 90 (and more) mins every game.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

The first game under our lights was a decisive game, looking back.  Having lost to you in the Alex Jack a month earlier, things could have gone off the rails but our late smash n' grab highlighted the determination shown for 90 (and more) mins every game.

Absolutely right Jambo. Was gutted at losing that match, particularly as we were 3-2 up. You had a player sent off, then the debacle with your no.2 (Blackie?) hiding in the enclosure after his antics, only to come back down when the ref was sending off Max in error.

Bo'ness were on the ropes, but as per norm, you battled right to the end to 'steal' the victory. Give or take a few matches, Burgh seemed to play well for 70 minutes or so each match, but form dipped, which cost us many points at end of matches - Bo'ness and Dunbar (away) two of the sorest! What we need to do, if we want to challenge for title, is play the 'Bo'ness way' for full 90 minutes and never give up, whether in the lead or not.

1 minute ago, Casey Jones said:

Absolutely right Jambo. Was gutted at losing that match, particularly as we were 3-2 up. You had a player sent off, then the debacle with your no.2 (Blackie?) hiding in the enclosure after his antics, only to come back down when the ref was sending off Max in error.

Bo'ness were on the ropes, but as per norm, you battled right to the end to 'steal' the victory. Give or take a few matches, Burgh seemed to play well for 70 minutes or so each match, but form dipped, which cost us many points at end of matches - Bo'ness and Dunbar (away) two of the sorest! What we need to do, if we want to challenge for title, is play the 'Bo'ness way' for full 90 minutes and never give up, whether in the lead or not.

In the past, Musselburgh used to be my nearest junior club and I used to work with an old player of yours, Jonny Bain.  So I would love it if you could gain promotion next season.  There is always an electric atmosphere at Olive Bank for Bo'ness games.

On 25/07/2020 at 10:02, Casey Jones said:

Linlithgow will have to improve an awful lot to be in contention  for the Premier League title in 2020-21.

On last year’s evidence 9 teams will vie for top position.

Hill of Beath - extremely competent team

Broxburn - didn’t play them last season, but must have been top 3 on merit.

Tranent - Improving year on year. Depends on how much the sugar daddy flings at it.

Camelon - Don't  see them as top 5 team, but they do well against other teams so must be considered.

Dundonald - stuffy side and can be hard to beat

Penicuik - didn't play them last season, but always hard matches against them

Jeanfield - the only team who completely outplayed us last season and would have finished in top 4.

Linlithgow - Will never discount, but as said, need to improve a lot.

Musselburgh - Terrible start to season, but came onto a game + won two trophies.

Definitely not saying above teams will finish in that order, but they will all be top 9 in 2020-21.

Good luck to Bo’ness. Any team that beats Hill of Beath, home and away in league, deserves the title and I am sure will do well in Lowland League,

FTFY

20 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

FTFY

'Sugar Daddy', your very welcome to attend the club's AGM where the accounts will be available for you to view.

Without question the club has a few sponsors who are very generous with what they give the club, whether that be actual cash, or help towards the continuing improvement of the facility.

Foresters Park now has one of the finest surfaces in both tier 5 & 6, the facilities within the ground are again a match for any other club competing in this grade of football.

Unfortunately its not all about throwing money at the squad 8MileBU, we at TJFC see beyond your typical jealous comments.

Anyway good luck to Bo'ness United in the Lowland League, am sure they will do well in attracting good quality players as long as your gaffer continues to have deep pockets!!

3 hours ago, beachboy said:

'Sugar Daddy', your very welcome to attend the club's AGM where the accounts will be available for you to view.

Without question the club has a few sponsors who are very generous with what they give the club, whether that be actual cash, or help towards the continuing improvement of the facility.

Foresters Park now has one of the finest surfaces in both tier 5 & 6, the facilities within the ground are again a match for any other club competing in this grade of football.

Unfortunately its not all about throwing money at the squad 8MileBU, we at TJFC see beyond your typical jealous comments.

Anyway good luck to Bo'ness United in the Lowland League, am sure they will do well in attracting good quality players as long as your gaffer continues to have deep pockets!!

So it’s sugar daddies  then? 

46 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

🤣 Always a tease 8mile! 

The Tranent bunch have stormed miles ahead of the wee Rose trio. Don’t even need to bait the hooks anymore. 😄

• 4 months later...

Bump.

Thought just occurred to me while looking at today's Scottish Cup scores and make-up of R1 draw.

If we returned to spring 2018 when clubs were arguing, debating and wrestling over leaving the juniors or not... would anyone have believed that 2.5yrs later: Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Broxburn, Camelon, Dundonald, Haddington, Hill of Beath, Jeanfield, Linlithgow, Musselburgh and Tranent would all be featuring in Scottish Cup R2 draw (renumbered R1 for this season)?

Blackburn, Dunipace, Easthouses and Newtongrange might also count themself unlucky not to be joining them.

When you think of it like that - it really is incredible.

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bump.

Thought just occurred to me while looking at today's Scottish Cup scores and make-up of R1 draw.

If we returned to spring 2018 when clubs were arguing, debating and wrestling over leaving the juniors or not... would anyone have believed that 2.5yrs later: Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Broxburn, Camelon, Dundonald, Haddington, Hill of Beath, Jeanfield, Linlithgow, Musselburgh and Tranent would all be featuring in Scottish Cup R2 draw (renumbered R1 for this season)?

Blackburn, Dunipace, Easthouses and Newtongrange might also count themself unlucky not to be joining them.

When you think of it like that - it really is incredible.

And How!

All that's needed now is Kelty or Brora to be drawn against the likes of Brechin City in Round One ! Then ............ 

Also interesting to note that since SFA's new cup TV deal began the Scottish Cup early rounds ties chosen for BBC coverage have been: Kelty v Auchinleck, Bonnyrigg v Buckie, Linlithgow v Falkirk and now Dundonald v Queen's Park.

Interesting in respect of TV's preference for these clubs each time (from TV and SFA perspective). Interesting also in that - short of reaching the Junior Cup Final, or qualifying for Scottish Cup as champion and going on run to later stages then drawing someone 'big' - these clubs might never have expected to feature on live TV.

Edited by HibeeJibee