Thank You EOSL

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Good luck in the LL. Good to have humped the Champions at Newtown though 😘

I felt the first season on the artificial surface took away a bit of our home advantage.  Not taking anything away from your rearguard performance, of course 😄

It felt sair at the time Burnieman but no real harm done. That's Fitbaw. Now you boys get yourselves back in shape to thump Lithgae Rose. I am hopeful the wee rose will spend many a year trying to get out of Tier 6.

Good luck in the LL. Good to have humped the Champions at Newtown though [emoji8]

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

...I am hopeful the wee rose will spend many a year trying to get out of Tier 6.

There is still only one promotion place available for the WoS, EoS and SoS champions to be determined through a playoff. All of the SFA, LL, WoS, EoS and SoS have to sign off on any changes on that, so that could last for a while because the LL turkeys won't be voting for an early Christamas. With the likes of Auchinleck Talbot, Kilwinning Rangers, Darvel and Irvine Meadow getting floodlights installed with a view to getting licensing approval by February it was vital to get promoted this past season. Kelty, Bonnyrigg and Bo'ness made it in by promotion while it was still relatively smooth sailing with only the SoS to worry about. Ironic that the east region club that got licensed before anyone else wasn't able to take advantage of their head start. With a bit of foresight they could have got into the Lowland League by application, but it's too late for that now.

The wee rose really do find themselves in a very awkward position.  Not only do they have to win an extremely competitive EOSL, they then have to overcome a WoS (likely) to go up.

They coasted for too long, thinking they were better than all the rest.  Others, like Penicuik, Broxburn, Tranent & Hill of Beath have all made big steps forward and now the wee rose have to accept it's going to be tough.  With Coyne nearly at the end of his career, they have a void to fill.

19 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

The wee rose really do find themselves in a very awkward position.  Not only do they have to win an extremely competitive EOSL, they then have to overcome a WoS (likely) to go up.

They coasted for too long, thinking they were better than all the rest.  Others, like Penicuik, Broxburn, Tranent & Hill of Beath have all made big steps forward and now the wee rose have to accept it's going to be tough.  With Coyne nearly at the end of his career, they have a void to fill.

More like two voids to fill last I seen him.

17 hours ago, Stoosh83 said:

The LL really need to be looking at putting 3 down in a 16 team league, to allow the champions of each area promotion (licence permitted of course).

Three down is maybe too much, unless you accept the inevitable that the SoS team promoted would most likely go back down again.

All the best.

A lot of gloating that we’ve been through a bad patch but we have the setup sorted off the park for years to come and it’s taken away from our playing squad for the past three or four years imo.

Back to business and it’s only right we go up through merit (Id have hated if we’d gone up on application).

Im not scared of Talbot and anyone else from the West. We’ll have to be at our best to win the East Premier and if we (or anyone else) win the league then your ready for the play off.

We’ve put their gas at a peep many a time in my time watching the Rose. I remember humping Talbot 6-1 in the Scottish most fondly, can’t be too many teams have done that. Look forward to that challenge but I also can’t see a world where the LL doesn’t open up two promotion places. In terms of marketing the LL they’ll be desperate to get those bigger West clubs in the league, especially Talbot and Pollok for their attendances. If you think they’ll steamroller the East Champs year on year I think the likes of Us, HoB, Camelon et all will have something to say about that.

Anyway fair play this year, a decent side that deserved promotion, Hope to see you in the LL soon.

21 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

All the best.

A lot of gloating that we’ve been through a bad patch but we have the setup sorted off the park for years to come and it’s taken away from our playing squad for the past three or four years imo.

Back to business and it’s only right we go up through merit (Id have hated if we’d gone up on application).

Im not scared of Talbot and anyone else from the West. We’ll have to be at our best to win the East Premier and if we (or anyone else) win the league then your ready for the play off.

We’ve put their gas at a peep many a time in my time watching the Rose. I remember humping Talbot 6-1 in the Scottish most fondly, can’t be too many teams have done that. Look forward to that challenge but I also can’t see a world where the LL doesn’t open up two promotion places. In terms of marketing the LL they’ll be desperate to get those bigger West clubs in the league, especially Talbot and Pollok for their attendances. If you think they’ll steamroller the East Champs year on year I think the likes of Us, HoB, Camelon et all will have something to say about that.

Anyway fair play this year, a decent side that deserved promotion, Hope to see you in the LL soon.

Linlithgow will have to improve an awful lot to be in contention  for the Premier League title in 2020-21.

On last year’s evidence 9 teams will vie for top position.

Hill of Beath - extremely competent team

Broxburn - didn’t play them last season, but must have been top 3 on merit.

Tranent - Improving year on year. Depends on how new manager gets them playing.

Camelon - Don't  see them as top 5 team, but they do well against other teams so must be considered.

Dundonald - stuffy side and can be hard to beat

Penicuik - didn't play them last season, but always hard matches against them

Jeanfield - the only team who completely outplayed us last season and would have finished in top 4.

Linlithgow - Will never discount, but as said, need to improve a lot.

Musselburgh - Terrible start to season, but came onto a game + won two trophies.

Definitely not saying above teams will finish in that order, but they will all be top 9 in 2020-21.

Good luck to Bo’ness. Any team that beats Hill of Beath, home and away in league, deserves the title and I am sure will do well in Lowland League,

5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Three down is maybe too much, unless you accept the inevitable that the SoS team promoted would most likely go back down again.

No different to the non league wanting 2 relegated from league 2.  Imo if the champs of the south aren't licenced, then 3rd bottom get a reprieve. After all they have as much much right to promotion as an east/west big gun. 

5 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

On last year’s evidence 9 teams will vie for top position.

Definitely not saying above teams will finish in that order, but they will all be top 9 in 2020-21.

You cannot base anything on last season especially teams you hadn't even seen? 

It's a fresh start for everyone next season.Players will have moved on. Some will benefit others won't. 

You canny say they ALL will be top 9 though,that is just impossible to predict especially with the likes of Tynecastle coming in. 

Get your point. Because so many players are on short contracts several teams have had a major overhaul......some however have just had a few tweaks.

For me though it's all about consistency. Staying in the game and grinding out results wins titles.

Premier will be a battle.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

You cannot base anything on last season especially teams you hadn't even seen? 

It's a fresh start for everyone next season.Players will have moved on. Some will benefit others won't. 

You canny say they ALL will be top 9 though,that is just impossible to predict especially with the likes of Tynecastle coming in. 

Can say what I want as it is all about opinion. Why not compare it to last season? Burgh have made a few signings, which improves our  squad from last season. Who knows if I am right or wrong, but I bet the top 8 will come from the teams I listed.

Just now, Casey Jones said:

Can say what I want as it is all about opinion. Why not compare it to last season? Burgh have made a few signings, which improves our  squad from last season. Who knows if I am right or wrong, but I bet the top 8 will come from the teams I listed.

We played Tynecastle in our last match, before COVID-19 put a stop to last season. A very close match, but their top scorer, with 40 (?) goals is now with Bonnyrigg.