Czech Republic v Scotland

Just now, ahemps said:

I read recently that Bayern Munich were cutting their under 9's and 10's teams as they believe kids should play with friends and local clubs up to that point. At the same time my friends son was released from Celtic's under 7 team. I was telling him that it was probably a good thing although the 7yr old might not see it that way. I would imagine that Bayern have done analysis on this and probably found that very few players at these young ages end up making it and there is probably a bigger success rate of kids joining clubs between 13-16 that end up playing at a higher level. I don't believe the SFA or the SPFL clubs have the mindset or vision to look for changes like this.

Project Brave is a massive bag of shit that actually seems designed to fail.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Aye, he's got a black belt in Taekwondo but he's never fought anyone.

He'd kick your fat wee head clean off your shoulders.

Erm one of my best friends was Scottish champion at Taekwondo.  You don't need to fight people to get belts.  Maybe black belt I have no idea, but you're learning the moves and shit to progress, not kicking a bigger c***s arse each time. You enter tournaments for that.  And he's 5-8 and about three stone and would dance on Ibrahimovic's face.

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

My best friend was also the Scottish champion of taekwondo and he said you do have to fight people to get belts

My best friend was also the Scottish champion  of taekwondo (not saying who but he won between 55 and 60 caps). You can find out what he said in my children’s book that I wrote with Condoleeza Rice. 

15 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

My best friend was also the Scottish champion  of taekwondo (not saying who but he won between 55 and 60 caps). You can find out what he said in my children’s book that I wrote with Condoleeza Rice. 

That's quality banter.  I didn't know Frankie Boyle was a member here.

• 2 weeks later...

What we need in midfield is someone like Alex Gogic at Hibs. If we had someone of that ilk, our midfield would be much better balanced and would start to perform to the potential that it has.

7 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

A 5’9 chubby wee man claiming they could batter Ibra88DF2EDE-F5D8-4771-AAC6-0C78D3586746.png.ef7eb42e5ee7e9632ea7ca1247b0bc87.png

I know a 6ft chubby guy who in his prime would’ve wiped the floor with Ibra

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/09/2020 at 23:09, Menzel said:

Underpinning this point, everyone over here is gushing at the Czech performance and had written off any chances of a result. It's getting close to the sort of reception that lower league minnows get when they go deep on a cup run and crash out to one of the favourites - "they gave everything" "couldn't fault the boys" yadda yadda. Tonda Růsek, who came on for the last quarter hour, plays for a team that just got promoted the season before, and is the first Zbrojovka player to feature in a national team match since 2008. That's the level being talked about here. They'll remember how bad Scotland were and go over to Hampden with Hložek, Schick and Král  and the rest of the first team and just completely rip us apart based on that. They'll win the group quite comfortably.

Hahahahaha oh aye? Give them hell.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

50 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, Menzel said:
Genuinely delighted to be wrong.

To be fair, they did rip us apart, but we pulled their pants down and ran away with the points.

I think you mean we pulled down their pants and then ran away with their pants!