Czech Republic v Scotland

Just now, Menzel said:

Unreal. That's a team mostly comprising of  players from mid-table of the Czech league who have barely played with each other, and completely outclassed Scotland. How we didn't concede in that second half I'll never know. Absolutely cannot rely on getting a penalty in one of your two trips into an opponent's box in 45 minutes, goals are going to be a real worry here. Thought that Czech midfield was excellent tonight, especially when Radim Breite was introduced. 

They were always going to be better footballers than the Scotland players. Crocker and Provan seemed surprised they were. 

Just now, MarkoRaj said:

Is there any benefit to us doing well in this nation's league?

This is what I want to know: is it better for us to be in Division A, B or C when it comes to trying to qualify for Euro 2024?

It's pretty worthless when it comes to WC 2022, because all it gives us is access to the runner up playoff, and only two teams get it.

If we're in A, is there a chance we qualify automatically because everyone else is already qualified through the normal route?

Or are we better in C so we're playing weaker teams in the playoff, in which case we're better off being relegated?

1 minute ago, greenockraver said:

good(?) chance of world cup playoff (top 2 group winners that dont qualify in wc groups get a playoff)

But conversely, will likely give us a harder Euros playoff when we inevitably fail to qualify properly for 2024. Mibbee.

Wasn’t great but why the overreacting to the Czech team? Technically Eastern European players are much better than us. It was not their 1st squad but they have embarrassing riches compared to us.

Also, I’ve said for years, STOP picking non Scots. We must have better players than Palmer, Cooper and Dykes. I’d rather see young Scots, desperate to play for their country than some of these journeymen.

Just now, G51 said:

This is what I want to know: is it better for us to be in Division A, B or C when it comes to trying to qualify for Euro 2024?

It's pretty worthless when it comes to WC 2022, because all it gives us is access to the runner up playoff, and only two teams get it.

If we're in A, is there a chance we qualify automatically because everyone else is already qualified through the normal route?

Or are we better in C so we're playing weaker teams in the playoff, in which case we're better off being relegated?

Unless they change it - which they might - then there's no chance of automatic qualification through Nations League. You'll always get a playoff. I think you're likely to get a harder one the further up you are, although you might get lucky with others already qualifying. I'd rather be in C than A though.

Just now, CambieBud said:

Wasn’t great but why the overreacting to the Czech team? Technically Eastern European players are much better than us. It was not their 1st squad but they have embarrassing riches compared to us.

mate they had a guy who fell over himself in front of an open goal