Czech Republic v Scotland

I think Clarke has a plan.  He thinks 3 at the back is the way to deal with Norway, but we have to play it a few times first. We'll play it again against Israel and jam our way through, then shackle Europe's hottest young striker with McTominay looking like a tall Baresi and stroll into the Euros.  Absolute nap.

We won the game yet somehow managed to play worse than on friday. This was the Czech's reserve side for f**k sake and they fucking bossed that game easily and should have gotten atleast a draw.

Embarrassing, we'll get absolutely shagged when we come up against a good team.

Christie's decision making at times drives ye fucking crazy, that chance at the end.... good grief.

Edited by DavieCFC

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The 2-1 against Lichtenstein? 

Despite being pish, 4 points from the first two games is actually quite good. Granted only because the Czechs fell victim to having their team deselected due to covid, but still... 

Realistically with Covid a thing now you might as well stick in there, anything could happen.  We could end up winning the Euros.

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Everyone complained. He changed it. It started working. Then he got hounded out because of the shite that preceded the successful change.

My chronology may will be a bit out but that's how I remember it and I'm sticking to it.

Pretty much spot on.

Shitting the bed after going 1-0 up in Slovenia took all the gloss off, though.

Imagine you from a week ago discovered that we were going to beat the Czechs 2-1 and we'd all be fizzing about the performance  :lol:

See you all next month for another round of inexplicable agony.

Unreal. That's a team mostly comprising of  players from mid-table of the Czech league who have barely played with each other, and completely outclassed Scotland. How we didn't concede in that second half I'll never know. Absolutely cannot rely on getting a penalty in one of your two trips into an opponent's box in 45 minutes, goals are going to be a real worry here. Thought that Czech midfield was excellent tonight, especially when Radim Breite was introduced.