Czech Republic v Scotland

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

It’s Scotland. Nothing makes sense with us.

We seem to love making things more difficult for ourselves. McTominay wearing the number 2. They don’t give that to midfielders. It’s a back 5 with Robertson and Palmer as wing backs.

The shirt numbers haven't changed from the Israel game.

I actually think a Fleck - McTominay - McLean midfield could work well. I hope that's what we see.

1 minute ago, Boring Bob said:

Correct. The standard of Czech football is much better than Scottish football. Half the Czech team come from Sigma Olomouc. Never heard of them? They are the guys who beat a decent Killie team 4-0 in 1998 and Aberdeen 8-1 some ten years later.

In fairness, we had Mark McGhee in charge for that match, and played Stuart Duff at CB and Derek Young at RB. Olomouc didn't look special in any way what-so-ever.

Also, thank you so much for reminding me about that. I'd almost drank away enough braincells to have forgotten it.

10 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I mean are you suggesting Liverpool couldn't have achieved any of that with Tierney in the team instead of Robertson?  If so its irrelevant isn't it?  And they obviously could have.

Seriously, that’s your argument?  I’m sure Spain could have won a World Cup with Tierney as well.

Since he’s actually done neither, and has achieved effectively zero outside of Scotland, let’s put this to bed...

6 minutes ago, Boring Bob said:

They are the guys who beat a decent Killie team 4-0 in 1998 and Aberdeen 8-1 some ten years later.

Not sure many of those players are involved today m8.