Czech Republic v Scotland

Wasn’t great but why the overreacting to the Czech team? Technically Eastern European players are much better than us. It was not their 1st squad but they have embarrassing riches compared to us.
No they fucking don't, but they have more balls than we do
And an actual manager

2 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

good(?) chance of world cup playoff (top 2 group winners that dont qualify in wc groups get a playoff)

How are you judging top 2 winners that don't qualify? So like Andorra could get more points against San Marino etc than we do against better teams and they get a playoff?

Just now, CambieBud said:

Wasn’t great but why the overreacting to the Czech team? Technically Eastern European players are much better than us. It was not their 1st squad but they have embarrassing riches compared to us.

It’s not their first team but also it’s not the normal coaching squad nor did they have any training time together. It’s not just about their quality - we looked less organised and less tactically capable.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

Unless they change it - which they might - then there's no chance of automatic qualification through Nations League. You'll always get a playoff. I think you're likely to get a harder one the further up you are, although you might get lucky with others already qualifying. I'd rather be in C than A though.

Fair enough.

#ClarkeIn then.

2 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

The Czech Republic isn't in Eastern Europe.

Just now, G51 said:

This is what I want to know: is it better for us to be in Division A, B or C when it comes to trying to qualify for Euro 2024?

It's pretty worthless when it comes to WC 2022, because all it gives us is access to the runner up playoff, and only two teams get it.

If we're in A, is there a chance we qualify automatically because everyone else is already qualified through the normal route?

Or are we better in C so we're playing weaker teams in the playoff, in which case we're better off being relegated?

I think we’re better in A, because we’ll be almost guaranteed a playoff spot for turning up. Iceland got a playoff for losing 6-0, 3-0, 2-1 and 2-0 last time.

Guest bernardblack

A win is a win but you’ve got to wonder about the gaffers thought process keeping that for formation to not play Tierney...and still play McTominay at the back

Guest DAVIDB69
Unless they change it - which they might - then there's no chance of automatic qualification through Nations League. You'll always get a playoff. I think you're likely to get a harder one the further up you are, although you might get lucky with others already qualifying. I'd rather be in C than A though.

They will change it again if a big name finishes bottom in one of the a groups.

They changed it because they didn’t want Germany in section b

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Don’t understand how excellent to decent English based players can look woeful when playing for Scotland. Robertson, Fleck, Tierney, McTominay, MacLean et all. Can they really not be fcked playing for the national team?

those players always have top level players around them at those levels. look at robertson and fleck tonight trying to link up, lack of quality  .

Also, I’ve said for years, STOP picking non Scots. We must have better players than Palmer, Cooper and Dykes. I’d rather see young Scots, desperate to play for their country than some of these journeymen.

This would maybe make sense if we only played players from the Scottish leagues.

Oh I see, you're and idiot.

1 minute ago, bernardblack said:

A win is a win but you’ve got to wonder about the gaffers thought process keeping that for formation to not play Tierney...and still play McTominay at the back

Agreed. The only point of that system is to get both Robertson and Tierney in the team. I can’t understand it at all.