Czech Republic v Scotland

He has only gone and done it [emoji23] Playing 5 at the back is absolute freakshow behaviour for a squad like ours. Tierney dropped, Palmer playing wing-back and McTominay played out of position again for some bizarre reason.

I’d still be expecting a narrow win, but fvck me [emoji23]

Just now, IggyStooge said:

Repka, Ujfalusi, Grygera, Jankulovski - all played for the cream of Serie A in the 90s/00s...

Big Dino's understudy was Lokvenc a relative shortarse at 6'5".

And how could you forget the other one in the partnership of Kuka/Koller? They were the real thing.

And maybe that keeper with the mad helmet tae?

Good shouts Repka was the right back, I do remember Jankulovski left sided player and Grygera hatchet man midfielder, and the big CB.

13 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Tierney's the better player. I have been saying it for ages as you are all aware. If you were completely objective and had both of them at 100% fitness and could only pick one its Tierney.  He is the more complete player and will show it over the next couple of years. Defensively he clearly better, offensively about the same.

Only in Scotland would we judge an OF player to be better than one of the first names on the team sheet to a 2 x Champions league finalist, and Premier League Champion.

Don’t get me wrong, KT is a phenomenal player.  But he has not yet passed anything like the tests that Robertson has.

When KT has 25+ assists in two EPL seasons, then we’ll know.  Until then, put this stupid debate to bed.

1 minute ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Only in Scotland would we judge an OF player to be better than one of the first names on the team sheet to a 2 x Champions league finalist, and Premier League Champion.

Don’t get me wrong, KT is a phenomenal player.  But he has not yet passed anything like the tests that Robertson has.

When KT has 25+ assists in two EPL seasons, then we’ll know.  Until then, put this stupid debate to bed.

Nah that's pish.  You require them to explain it to you on MOTD, some of us can see with our eyes.  Tierney doesn't play in the same team as Robertson, so your strawman is pish anyway.

2 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I mean are you suggesting Liverpool couldn't have achieved any of that with Tierney in the team instead of Robertson?  If so its irrelevant isn't it?  And they obviously could have.

23 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Is it wrong to say this lady Caroline doesn’t seem like a presenter , she looks more Iike a studio runner floor manager type

Yes, it is. 

You're basically saying only people who fit your (presumably narrow) notion of attractiveness can be presenters.

47 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

@diegomarahenry I see Holes is at right back, I know he played there a while back at Hradec, am I remembering right did you say the other day he's more of a centre back now or does he still sometimes cover on the right? 

Aye, he played in midfield after coming on as a sub in the last home game. He is more of a full-back build than a center half and cam play a bit. Obviously chosen as a sitting right back rather than a wing back

A wee test for everyone, just out of interest.
No cheating, can you name 11 Czech players?  Just ever.  I don't think so personally.
Jan Koller Combat 18 veteran
Pavel Nedved what a fucking player
Patrick Berger pretty boy
Karel Poborsky guid like
Patrick Schick surprisingly guid, classy
That keeper with the mad socks
The guy that chipped his penalty in 1976, don't know his name but did a great Panenka
struggling now
[emoji3059]image.jpeg

I can’t see this being three at the back. It doesn’t make a lot of sense

It’s Scotland. Nothing makes sense with us.

We seem to love making things more difficult for ourselves. McTominay wearing the number 2. They don’t give that to midfielders. It’s a back 5 with Robertson and Palmer as wing backs.

8 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I think people are going a bit overboard with the “Clarke should be sacked if we lose” takes. That Czech side is still better than some of the utter shite to have gotten results against us over the years.

Correct. The standard of Czech football is much better than Scottish football. Half the Czech team come from Sigma Olomouc. Never heard of them? They are the guys who beat a decent Killie team 4-0 in 1998 and Aberdeen 8-1 some ten years later.