Czech Republic v Scotland

Don't think that's entirely right, 36 year old (guaranteed MOTM) Roman Hubnik is there too. 

It's a mix of Olomouc (6) and Ostrava (4) players with some Slavia Prague subs (4) thrown in. The back end of the squad will probably be the u20s.

Wouldn't be expecting us to hammer them.

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

McKenna was one of the players to come out of last night with credit. Don't think he really did a single thing wrong.

To clarify, I didn’t watch the game last night. He just never looks like a good player when I see him. I know he’s still young so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

McKenna was one of the players to come out of last night with credit. Don't think he really did a single thing wrong.
His inability to advance play was frustrating at times, especially towards the end, but I thought he was fine.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

His inability to advance play was frustrating at times, especially towards the end, but I thought he was fine.

Disappointing he hasn't improved in that regard since he first broke into the team. His breakout season I distinctly remember some beautiful long cross-field balls to wingers.

1 hour ago, charger29 said:

It's a mix of Olomouc (6) and Ostrava (4) players with some Slavia Prague subs (4) thrown in. The back end of the squad will probably be the u20s.

Wouldn't be expecting us to hammer them.

It's like if we were playing someone at home but without any players from the OF or English clubs. I think we could all pick a half-decent starting XI from that. Obviously the full team would be favourites, but I don't think it would necessarily be a walkover. This isn't like the Slovakia - Denmark game a couple of years ago where Denmark were restricted to amateur league or futsal players, because literally all of their professional footballers were on strike.

Edited by JamesM82

13 minutes ago, microdave said:

Are the Czech XI likely to all be making their international debuts? Would this be the first time Scotland have played such a team apart from England in the very first international game?

Wales' first ever game was in Glasgow too.

Just now, rainbowrising said:

The thing about this is you are now faced with a squad you have had no strategy planned out for and who at least as young players (if they are U20/21) can play to a decent level. 

U20s are not a winning strategy. Go look at our u19 team and consider what full strength middle-level nations they could compete with.

I’m much more concerned about seasoned pros from middle ranking clubs who will be determined not to concede.

4 hours ago, Gnash said:

You can still get 6/5 on Scotland at Betfair. 

Fill your boots. :unsure2:

3 hours ago, RobbieD said:

I've not seen a price on Scotland on any website.  can't see on Betfair either

I think it's 1.91 on Betfair Exchange just now.

I still can't bring myself to do it. It'll be sore enough if we don't win without rubbing money into the wound.