Czech Republic v Scotland

In Champions League qualifiers ‘postponement’ has typically been for 24 hours, giving a club opportunity to call up other players.

This is not the same situation. The Czechs have pre-empted postponement. It has been ‘forced’ upon them due to internal politics (quite possibly Slavia Prague recalling their players).

The Czechs would be well within their rights to call up replacements (in fact, arguably obligated to).

They haven’t even considered postponement to Tuesday which logistically would be very possible given there are other internationals that day. 

The SFA should in no way entertain even the remotest prospect of postponing to November. It’s not a guaranteed free date for one, and secondly no country postponing for convenience should have their request entertained.

3-0 and an example made upon. No contact made to the SFA nor to UEFA.  Allow this particular domino to fall, and many more will follow.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

I mean, just weeks ago we had this exact situation with Aberdeen, and no team got awarded the points against them, so its a bit bemusing to see everyone now claiming the Czechs will have to forfeit.

The main difference here would be that they are two completely distinct competitions with completely different rules. The Nations League rules are very clear on what happens if a match doesn't go ahead.

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The main difference here would be that they are two completely distinct competitions with completely different rules. The Nations League rules are very clear on what happens if a match doesn't go ahead.

I’m surprised @RandomGuy. wasn’t demanding a penalty shoot-out for a bonus point last night because it happens in the League Cup. 

Edited by The Master

Was going to post that myself tbf. 

But seriously, there is very little opportunity to play this game unless you drag it out until next year. We’ll see what happens. 

When are the actual Nations League finals?

Could they not play in that period since neither would be involved in the first place?

46 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

If the match goes ahead with them calling up replacements I still have little confidence of us beating a significantly weaker Czech side.

Agree. The Czechs will still easily beat our timid gang of shitebags if they play a significantly weaker team 

10 hours ago, ajwffc said:

If the match cannot be declared as forfeited, the outcome of the match will be decided by drawing of lots (i.e. win 1-0, loss 0-1 or draw 0-0) carried out by the Uefa administration.

I don't see this being the outcome as we are playing no part in any postponement.

However, I'd bloody take it.

Not many would give us a 67% chance of taking at least a point, or a 100% chance of not getting a hammering.