Czech Republic v Scotland

19 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Are Czech fan still distancing at domestic games over there? 

Booked up for this but no idea what will happen.

They were close to normal by the end as far as I saw. 

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

Are Czech fan still distancing at domestic games over there? 

Booked up for this but no idea what will happen.

There's been a maximum of 5,000 at football matches since about the middle of June,  but it depends where you are (areas in Moravia-Silesia and Jablonec are seeing spikes in Covid cases, so stadiums may not be fully open when the leagues return at the end of August). It's been very inconsistent, though - I were able to get in a few weeks before the 5k capacity as I have a Zbrojovka season ticket, and our crowds rarely go over about 4-5k right now; but for bigger clubs like Slavia Prague they've had to do lotteries or other means to determine which spectators get or don't get to see the game.

Regarding the Scotland match, this is likely to be tricky. I fully expect there to be at least 5,000 spectators able to go to league games, and therefore the same will apply for this game. However, there are no guarantees that the match will be open to away fans. I would advise keeping your eyes peeled for official updates from the SFA and the FAČR regarding the away ticketing situation. If I hear anything I'll let youse know, and in the worst case there's a tonne of great local football clubs around the Olomouc area that would make you feel very welcome at their match, if you end up over here without getting to the game.

On 29/07/2020 at 11:45, Chicken Wing said:

The wording of that suggests that there's little chance of fans in the Playoffs for anyone, regardless of circumstances.  Not great for our semi-final, but should mean a more level playing field for a potential tricky away tie.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Chubbychops said:

Czech now on the quarantine list. This will mean players being quarantined on their return and missing matches for their club. Will game still go ahead?

"Elite" athletes in Scotland don't have to do that. 

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Czech now on the quarantine list. This will mean players being quarantined on their return and missing matches for their club. Will game still go ahead?

Yeah when I heard that, it's what I immediately thought.  Unless there's an exception for footballers, I'd say it's a straight forfeit for us, no?

It's impossible for our players to agree to quarantine on return.  I also don't think we have any right to expect a neutral venue to be provided either.

I suppose the only possible scenario for negotiation, is that if the quarantine still exists in October then the Czechs wouldn't be able to play us at Hampden.  Would that be our problem to arrange?

Yeah when I heard that, it's what I immediately thought.  Unless there's an exception for footballers, I'd say it's a straight forfeit for us, no?
It's impossible for our players to agree to quarantine on return.  I also don't think we have any right to expect a neutral venue to be provided either.
I suppose the only possible scenario for negotiation, is that if the quarantine still exists in October then the Czechs wouldn't be able to play us at Hampden.  Would that be our problem to arrange?

Quarantine doesn’t apply to sportsmen/women. It only applies to Bolingoli because he travelled to Spain on personal grounds, but won’t apply to the Scotland team going out there not to them coming to Hampden.

There will be games all over Europe in the nations league where the players wouldn’t be allowed to visit the country they’re playing in under normal circumstances but exceptions have been made to allow the football to go ahead, this is just one such exception