Championship Predictor 2020/21

2 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

I've seen Berra play (presumably a lot more than you unless your second team is Hearts?), and you played Hamilton for more than half the season so McPake obviously rated him.

But hey ho - I was just explaining one reason why I doubt Dundee are going to be a serious challenger next season when posting a quick list on a football forum. I didn't know I was expected to footnote every line...

Your reasoning was utter shite though. Hence why you were called out on it.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Your reasoning was utter shite though. Hence why you were called out on it.

Well, so says a Dundee fan with apaprenlty no clue. You'll have to forgive me for treating such opinions with contempt.

Christ, this place has become as full of c***s as kickback.  Is it lockdown or has the CHampionship forum always been full of soor faced dullards?

Just now, lennyzer0 said:

Well, so says a Dundee fan with apaprenlty no clue. You'll have to forgive me for treating such opinions with contempt.

Christ, this place has become as full of c***s as kickback.  Is it lockdown or has the CHampionship forum always been full of soor faced dullards?

Calling you out on talking shite doesn't make anyone a 'soon faced dullard'

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Calling you out on talking shite doesn't make anyone a 'soon faced dullard'

Berra played six times for Dundee last year and according to reports was not absolute pish - I saw him three times more than last year and he was pish in almost them all. In my opinion, a brief blip as he tried to prove that he's not washed-up does not guarantee his future solid in any reliable or meaningful sense. Hamilton was replaced by an on loan keeper after injury but played more than half the season under McPake. These are things I put forward as selected reasons for not rating  Dunde's chances last year (to reiterate, after being asked to do so following my apparently sour grapes refusal to put Dundee in the top two of a quick prediction of final league placings .

You could have engaged in discussion about either of these points, refuting them if possible by, for instance, pointing to interviews with McPake where he said that Hamilton was a weak link in the team but the money simply wasn't there to replace him, or by (just off the top of my head) legitmately claiming that Berra's invovlement in five clean sheets in six games suggests that while he may not be up to snuff at Premiership level, he's more than adequate in the Champtionship.

But instead you 'called me out' (a phrase only used by the self important) for 'talking shite'.  Which isn't much of a contribution to the conversation and pretty much prevents any meanignful or interesting dialogue. That's why you're a soor faced dullard.

Still, I'm sure your friends consider you quite the fun-loving intellectual.

Edited by lennyzer0

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He certainly is.

Ah well, I tried. This is why there's no real point coming on here - people don't want to talk about football. They just want to post the equavalent of drunken shouting in the pub and then, when someone takes the time to expand and invite a chat about football, fall back on 'heid's gone' or some such meaningless stock phrase.  Sad and pathetic.

We’re definitely the unknown quantity in the league but I’m happy enough with our business so far and if we keep Vaughn (big if) and Hendry fit I think we’ll finish in a comfortable 7th. Hearts obvious favourites with Dundee, ICT and Pars fighting for playoffs. Long way to go until the season starts and many players to be signed so predictions here are nothing more than guesses and gut feelings.

1. Hearts
2. Dundee
3. ICT
4. Pars
5. Ayr
6. Arbroath
7. Raith
8. Morton
9. Queens
10. Alloa

Well, speculation is the order of the day, and we have a shortened season, so the turmoil at Hearts has a chance to make a major impact :

ICT

Hearts

Dundee

Dunfermline

Arbroath

Ayr

Raith

Alloa

QoS

Morton

I think much will depend on the loan market for how the lower placings go, in previous seasons Alloa have done quite well in that market and may do so again. 

Hearts are still my pick to win it unless they are punished by a points deduction from the league, I don't see the latter happening but would really like to as their fans all seem so arrogant and deluded. 

It amazes me that some come on here making predictions on sides they haven't seen much if anything of, we on the other hand had the chance through highlights to witness just how pish they were last season, they will actually have to improve from that state if they are to achieve their goal. 

9 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Dundee are managed by a man who thought Hamilton and Berra were a solid bet in defence.

8 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Berra's invovlement in five clean sheets in six games suggests that while he may not be up to snuff at Premiership level, he's more than adequate in the Champtionship.

Hmmmm....

Did they not contribute to a top six finish in the Premier for Hearts 3 years ago?

Hamilton is shite though but I don't think him and Berra ever played together for Dundee.

Ah well, I tried. This is why there's no real point coming on here - people don't want to talk about football. They just want to post the equavalent of drunken shouting in the pub and then, when someone takes the time to expand and invite a chat about football, fall back on 'heid's gone' or some such meaningless stock phrase.  Sad and pathetic.

Fair play to you, you have reasoned arguments for your opinion (although it appears others don’t agree).
I didn’t watch any championship football last season so can’t have an opinion on most teams.

Sorry that I tarred you with the same brush as the JKB morons who can’t understand that the other clubs who voted the same way as Hearts were not doing it to help Hearts or ‘for the good of the game’.

12 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

We’re definitely the unknown quantity in the league 

Currently QoTS have three signed players, I think it's a bit more unknown with regards to how they'll be this season tbf. 

At least with Raith there's a degree of continuity from last season with some well known faces, I'd imagine QoTS and Morton will line up very, very differently to how they finished last year. 

It's a good year for Raith to come up, I can't see them going down nor being threatened by it terribly much. 

I know the squads vary massively  in terms of how far to completion they are but going by various measurements (Finanial backing, stability of club, retained players and past performance) I would predict something along the lines of this-

1) Hearts- Bit of a mess right now, but from some of the existing squad and ability to buy compared to the rest, they should win the title

2) Dundee- I was swithering on this with a couple teams but McPake had Dundee hitting form just before lockdown. Still a fair bit of that squad remain and I think they have replaced Nelson and Hemmings with a couple decent signings.

3) Dunfermline- Recruitment has been pretty good. Nisbet gone but replaced with two capable strikers now. Not as reliant on one man up top this season. Improved on Ashcroft and managed to retain the wide threat. This coupled with Ayr and ICT losing key players will give us the edge

4) ICT- Again lost a few first 11 players but Robbo is notorious at finding diamonds in the rough. Not sure he can keep taking the hits every year though and I think it may cost them a couple league positions this season.

5) Ayr United- Ayr need to find players of similar quality( Sounds like Kerr is having a hard time finding that) to what they have lost and I don't know if Mark Kerr has the ability that McCall had for finding gems every summer. They've done well in the loan market recently but I think they have lost too many key players and a few guys who played their part in recent times are getting on a bit.

6) Raith Rovers- A team with a bit of momentum and a manager that knows his way about this division. McGlynn and Rovers just work. Expect some good derby games this season.

7) Arbroath- They have a well drilled team that they have mostly retained as far as I'm aware. Continuity will see them safe this season.

8- Alloa- Lost O'Hara and Flannigan but always seem to find suitable replacements. Good manager in Peter Grant, who has them playing decent football. Like Arbroath they just seemed more settled than the bottom two.

9)- Morton- The transition in ownership means no appetite to invest and I think it shows with some of the business they announced yesterday. My predictions from 7-10 could vary as Morton and QOS have a fair bit of business still to do but not looking good at the moment.

10)- QOS- Dobbie is in decline and a big rebuild required. Not sure what their finanaces are but I don't think AJ is the man to carry out the rebuild. Flirted with relegation for a couple years now and I think they will drop either automatically or via a playoff with Partick or Falkirk.

Edited by Chubbychops