Championship Predictor 2020/21

6 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Based on right now and who's got funds and who's been busy signing who so far.

1. Hearts  (cant see past them but they wont skoosh it this time)

2.  Dundee (inexperienced manager)

3. ICT  (just don't see them challenging, seem to be in decline a bit)

4. Dunfermline ( great squad but will the Craw get them at it? I doubt it)

5. Raith  (decent squad, could be the surprise package, I'm hoping so)

6. Ayr  (Lost some good guys, I think they will struggle a bit more than last season)

7. Arbroath (now a known quantity, cant see them higher than 7th)

8. Alloa (will flirt with disaster but with more decent loans will avoid the trap door at the 11th hour)

9. Morton (no signings losing players? a club in flux)

10. QoS (Avoided the drop 2 years running, financially it looks like 20-21 will be a bridge too far)

It will likely be a vastly different story come October, lots of loans from clubs with no reserve sides will transform teams who haven't made lots of signings

Agree with your current placing summary, just hope come October your last paragraph comes true🙏

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You're entitled to see us as 10th place material if you want. Its not unreasonable. We have 3 players, and havent made any public moves yet but I fail to see where this 'financially' nonsense is coming from? Not us who had a big fundraising appeal to fans as soon as the season paused or had the begging bowl out for legal funding before signing 3 keepers and handing out 2 year deals to players from other championship clubs. 😜

Yet your chairman was on Itv and every other Queens fan on here is desperate for that lucrative Dykes money to allow the signing of new players. QotS have been bemoaning their empty coffers for a few seasons now, if you were flush you wouldn't have been battling the drop.

As for Raith we (along with DUFC & Cove) sought financial aid for legal fees that could have run to hundreds of thousands. Prior to that the crowd funding (or begging bowl as you put it) provided the club with funds during an uncertain time, most Raith supporters were only too glad to chip in if it would help give us a platform to get to/stay in the Championship, I know I was and put in a few hundred.

Perhaps other fans are jealous that Raith fans cared enough and were able to raise £100,000 for their club. 

Not us who had a big fundraising appeal to fans as soon as the season paused or had the begging bowl out for legal funding before signing 3 keepers and handing out 2 year deals to players from other championship clubs. [emoji12]

Not sure why our crowdfunding campaign is seen as a negative or a weakness by some fans of other teams.

Every single team in the country faced the certainty of a large shortfall in income.

Maybe if those in charge at other teams had had the foresight and common sense that our board did and asked for donations then they’d be able to sign 3 keepers and players on 2 year deals [emoji12]

Yet your chairman was on Itv and every other Queens fan on here is desperate for that lucrative Dykes money to allow the signing of new players.

Eh? He was asked if there was a sell on fee and he said there was. He then went on to say that money could bring in 2 or 3 players. You're reaching to say he was "desperate" (coming from someone who doesn't particularly like him). The same goes for our fans on here. The biggest discussion prior to the chairman saying it officially was questioning whether there was a sell on fee. After it there hasn't been any desperation among our support. If there was I'm sure plenty of folk would have been raging/gutted when Livi never accepted Barnsley's bid.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Not sure why our crowdfunding campaign is seen as a negative or a weakness by some fans of other teams.

Every single team in the country faced the certainty of a large shortfall in income.

Maybe if those in charge at other teams had had the foresight and common sense that our board did and asked for donations then they’d be able to sign 3 keepers and players on 2 year deals emoji12.png

Think it’s thought of more as hypocritical rather than weakness, tbh -  first the begging bowl is out, then you’re dishing out 2 year deals.

Flip side to this is that we have been able to honour player contracts and not have any redundancies or job losses other than the usual out of contract players moving on.  

I understand that it does not look particularly great (I wasn't happy about crowdfunding for the legal bills) but the club had introduced the initial crowd funding as a direct response to please from the fans to help.  Nobody was forced to contribute at the end of the day, and there was no express purpose put on what the funds would be used for.  It does seem to have rattled a few fans of other clubs though, in particular one Falkirk fan who has a real bee in his bonnet about the director who introduced the scheme.  

As for next season, I'd hope we will be solid enough but there will be no mugs in this league.  Its tempting to point towards the part time sides, but that would be foolish as there is little to suggest that they will struggle any more than we will.  A lot for us will depend on how Hendry and Vaughan adapt to the step up in quality, and how fit they are.  And general squad fitness.  We were absolutely decimated by injuries last season, which is a shame as even our injury hit squad was the best in the league, had we kept everyone fit we would have been far more comfortable at the top of the league.

Flip side to this is that we have been able to honour player contracts and not have any redundancies or job losses other than the usual out of contract players moving on.  
I understand that it does not look particularly great (I wasn't happy about crowdfunding for the legal bills) but the club had introduced the initial crowd funding as a direct response to please from the fans to help.  Nobody was forced to contribute at the end of the day, and there was no express purpose put on what the funds would be used for.  It does seem to have rattled a few fans of other clubs though, in particular one Falkirk fan who has a real bee in his bonnet about the director who introduced the scheme.  
As for next season, I'd hope we will be solid enough but there will be no mugs in this league.  Its tempting to point towards the part time sides, but that would be foolish as there is little to suggest that they will struggle any more than we will.  A lot for us will depend on how Hendry and Vaughan adapt to the step up in quality, and how fit they are.  And general squad fitness.  We were absolutely decimated by injuries last season, which is a shame as even our injury hit squad was the best in the league, had we kept everyone fit we would have been far more comfortable at the top of the league.

If our form from January onwards in the last 2 seasons reappears then there will absolutely be at least one set of mugs in this league.

2 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Think it’s thought of more as hypocritical rather than weakness, tbh -  first the begging bowl is out, then you’re dishing out 2 year deals.

I think it was a bit of a knee jerk reaction as nobody knew what was happening, the Rovers were saying at that point that without income they couldn't survive for any real length of time, it was precautionary as much as anything. 

40 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

1st. Heart of Midlothian

2nd. Inverness Caledonian Thistle

3rd. Dunfermline Athletic

4th. Ayr United

5th. Dundee FC

6th. Arbroath

7th. Greenock Morton

8th. Queen of the South

9th. Alloa Athletic

10th. Raith Rovers

Is it just me or does this prediction have a whiff of "Inverness are the good guys, Dundee and Raith are the bad guys" about it?

Hearts clear favourites obviously. 

Then youd expect Dundee, Ayr, Dunfermline and ICT battling out play off spots. 

Morton, Raith, Alloa, ourselves and QoTS around the bottom half. 

If I had to say now I think QoTS will struggle for some reason, thought they were stinking last season and don't think they'll be any better, maybe if Dykes gets a big move that could be massive for them though? 

I think we will do ok. Can never tell with DC I think with the FT uncertainty this season with cuts clubs are having to make etc could work out well for us. Could get a couple of tasty signings. 

Ill go

1. Hearts

2. Dunfermline

3. Dundee

4. Ayr

5. ICT

6/7. Morton / Arbroath 

8. Raith Rovers

9. Alloa

10. QoTS 

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

Is it just me or does this prediction have a whiff of "Inverness are the good guys, Dundee and Raith are the bad guys" about it?

Probably not just you - this place is not immune to the presence of the less than thoughtful members of the fan community.

But it's more the very obvios facts that Raith just scraped their way up, and Dundee are managed by a man who thought Hamilton and Berra were a solid bet in defence.

I saw ICT a couple of times last year and they were decent, plus they have an experienced manager.

I mean I also hope Raith go down cos your chairman is a weasely c**t, but that's neither here nor there compared to the reality that you are presumably amonst the favourites for the drop with most folk placing a bet with actual cash on that question.

1 minute ago, lennyzer0 said:

Dundee are managed by a man who thought Hamilton and Berra were a solid bet in defence.

You'd be right.... except Hamilton was replaced by a better goalie and the fact that Berra was actually solid in defence. I wouldn't trust you to do your research anyway, nobody Gorgie-side does.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You'd be right.... except Hamilton was replaced by a better goalie and the fact that Berra was actually solid in defence. I wouldn't trust you to do your research anyway, nobody Gorgie-side does.

I've seen Berra play (presumably a lot more than you unless your second team is Hearts?), and you played Hamilton for more than half the season so McPake obviously rated him.

But hey ho - I was just explaining one reason why I doubt Dundee are going to be a serious challenger next season when posting a quick list on a football forum. I didn't know I was expected to footnote every line...