Championship Predictor 2020/21

If sense still Isn't seen and we do have to play in this league then.....

1 Hearts
2 ICT

The rest can fight out position and survival between themselves.

I predict at least 3 of the remainder will cease to exist before season 21/22.

1. Hearts

2. Dundee

3. Dunfermline

4. Inverness

5. Ayr

6. Raith

7. Morton

8. Arbroath

9. QotS (They are this league's version of Hamilton and as such will win any play-offs)

10. Alloa

This is all subject to any team in this league not running into financial oblivion, obviously.

On 21/07/2020 at 08:34, Dunning1874 said:

While you'd expect Queen of the South to be relegation favourites based on previous years, the fact they only have three players signed means they might actually put a new squad together which isn't utter guff for once.

That has to be the hope.  Having so few players means there has to be a revamp.  However, it wouldn't surprise me if a good few of those released wind up back here anyway.  It's safe to say that not many of them will be fighting off potential suitors elsewhere.

In fairness though, we've only been guff for two seasons, and even then, weren't actually too bad for the first half of each.

I'm not particularly surprised to see us bottom of most posters' prediction tables.  I'd put us there myself.  Lots remains unknown though, so I'm hoping a side or two are worse.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not particularly surprised to see us bottom of most posters' prediction tables.  I'd put us there myself.  Lots remains unknown though, so I'm hoping a side or two are worse.

A surprising amount of them DON'T have us bottom despite there being a general assumption based on as far as I can see absolutely nothing that we are "going with youth" and will field a team of teenagers who aren't old enough to remember Stephen Dobbie's first spell!

Don't think anyone has us higher than 8th mind. Given that we remain the equivalent of late April in a normal season, it's ridiculous to be considering predictions anyway. At this stage last year we had ONE player signed for the following season.

34 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

A surprising amount of them DON'T have us bottom despite there being a general assumption based on as far as I can see absolutely nothing that we are "going with youth" and will field a team of teenagers who aren't old enough to remember Stephen Dobbie's first spell!

Don't think anyone has us higher than 8th mind. Given that we remain the equivalent of late April in a normal season, it's ridiculous to be considering predictions anyway. At this stage last year we had ONE player signed for the following season.

I think the fact that in the last two seasons we've missed automatic relegation by goal difference and by a tiny fraction of a point, is probably influencing those predicting another struggle.  It doesn't strike me as unreasonable, even if there's a while until games start.

54 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think the fact that in the last two seasons we've missed automatic relegation by goal difference and by a tiny fraction of a point, is probably influencing those predicting another struggle.  It doesn't strike me as unreasonable, even if there's a while until games start.

I don't think it's unreasonable either. Hence why I said a surprising amount don't have us bottom. There will always be some who will sit the part time sides at the bottom I guess though.

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think it's unreasonable either. Hence why I said a surprising amount don't have us bottom. There will always be some who will sit the part time sides at the bottom I guess though.

With out budget cut again going to be very difficult to get a decent squad our only hope is the loan market with it now being 6 players hopefully we can get decent players that way .

On 21/07/2020 at 18:57, D.A.F.C said:

Hearts to win unless they get a points deduction.

ICT, Dundee and us to challenge.

Think the smaller teams might struggle and hope everyone makes it through safely.

Why would Hearts get a points deduction?