Championship Predictor 2020/21

Well, as predictions are getting properly started in every other league, let's get this one going. I really don't want to say this is a one-horse race, but it pretty much is. Still will be funny with Hearts being down though, so there's that. Dunfermline are looking like a really promising team, and imo will do really well. While our player base isn't exactly world class, we still have a large core of the better players from last season. Hopefully another striker and GK and we can improve on last year's mediocrity (yes, I know I'm putting it lightly). As for 3-player QoS, I can't say I have all the confidence in the world for them.

1st. Heart of Midlothian

2nd. Dundee FC

3rd. Dunfermline Athletic

4th. Ayr United

5th. Inverness Caledonian Thistle

6th. Raith Rovers

7th. Arbroath

8th. Greenock Morton

9th. Alloa Athletic

10th. Queen of the South

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1. Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  2. Dunfermline
  3. Ayr United
  4. Dundee
  5. Morton
  6. Raith Rovers
  7. Arbroath 
  8. QOS
  9. Falkirk*
  10. Alloa Athletic

Falkirk promoted following Hearts being fucked into the lowland league.

McPake overseeing Dundee scraping fourth place despite playing in the weakest second tier in decades. 

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
  1. Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  2. Dunfermline
  3. Ayr United
  4. Dundee
  5. Morton
  6. Raith Rovers
  7. Arbroath 
  8. QOS
  9. Falkirk*
  10. Alloa Athletic

Falkirk promoted following Hearts being fucked into the lowland league.

McPake overseeing Dundee scraping fourth place despite playing in the weakest second tier in decades. 

If John Robertson wins the league with a completely gutted squad, he should get the Scotland job.

Too early for a few clubs yet but I’d say Hearts, Dundee and Dunfermline will be top 3. Then I’d say it could be between ourselves and ICT (both depending on recruitment) and Arbroath going for 4th place. Arbroath have the benefit of a really settled squad with part time players that could walk into a few full time teams in this league.

Think Raith and Morton will be pretty meh but could get dragged into a relegation battle which I’d imagine will also be hotly contested by QOTS and Alloa.

1 Ayr United FC

------------------------------------------------

2 Dundee

3 Hearts

4 Inverness

5 Dunfermline

6 Raith Rovers

7 Arbroath

8 Alloa Athletic

9 Greenock Morton

10 Queen of the South

Little point predicting a whole table this early. Hearts are obvious favourites for the title but that's the only thing you can say with any certainty at the moment.

Despite being managed by a complete dud you'd expect Dundee to be in and around the playoffs, but otherwise you can't have any confidence in predicting where a club should be and tipping clubs for 4th or 10th is equally credible/ridiculous until we have a much better idea of squads, which we won't for another month at least and probably not for two.

Robertson should have the trust to perform with ICT but their squad is considerably weaker than last season as it stands, part-timers are always tipped for the bottom spots but Arbroath showed why that's a daft assumption last season, Dunfermline have built a squad early but still have question marks on the manager, Ayr have Kerr's first full season in charge, Morton have a defensive rebuild to do which could go either way, and Raith are an unknown. While you'd expect Queen of the South to be relegation favourites based on previous years, the fact they only have three players signed means they might actually put a new squad together which isn't utter guff for once.

Hopefully Hearts get a hefty fine for dragging this relegation debacle to court, also Ann Budge to be boo’d at every stadium she visits for trying to bankrupt Scottish football. All jokes aside. Hearts have to be the team to beat no question. I hate to say it, but Dunfermline have recruited well so far. So they’ll actually do quite well “shudder”. As for us at Starks Park, We just have to compete the best we can. I can see us fighting it out with the Part Timers to avoid the relegation spots. As we all know Alloa and Arbroath are well organised and know the league well. So it’s up to McGlynn to make us hard to beat.