Predict the 20-21 final table

Guest Longbottom Leaf

I already think that you wouldn't get great odds from the bookies, on Celtic loosening it's grip on the top spot in the league, after day one!

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Hibernian

5. Motherwell

6. Kilmanorck

7. St Johnstone

8. Livingston

9. Dundee Utd

10. St Mirren

11. Ross County

12. Hamilton

Would it be an idea to set up a competition on the site below? That way we'd get the scores updated after each game.

Or would noone bother...

https://betlings.com/competitions/the-boot-room-1920

• 5 months later...
On 20/07/2020 at 14:29, KnightswoodBear said:

1. The Sevco

2-12.  Don't give a f**k. 

On 20/07/2020 at 16:57, bennett said:

Assuming Hearts dont win their case.

1.Rangers

2. celtic

3. Sheep 

4. Kilmarnock 

5. Motherwell 

6. Hibs 

7. St Johnstone 

8. Livingston 

9. Hamilton 

10. St Mirren 

11. Ross County 

12. Dundee United 

On 21/07/2020 at 03:59, Mr. Alli said:

Glasgow Rangers

Glasgow Celtic

Aberdeen

Hibernian

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Livingston

St Mirren

Kilmarnock

Ross County

Hamilton

Dundee United

On 29/07/2020 at 19:46, tree house tam said:

1. The Rangers 

2. Celtic 

3. Motherwell 

4. Aberdeen 

5. Hibs

6. St Johnstone 

7. Kilmarnock 

8. St Mirren 

9. Dundee United 

10. Livingston 

11. Hamilton Academical 

12. Ross County 

On 30/07/2020 at 23:00, The Other Foot said:

Sevco

Celtic

Motherwell

Aberdeen

Hibs

Livingstone

St Johnstone

United

Hamilton

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

County 

david gura GIF by MSNBC

4 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

My call for Well to finish 4th is looking good.

Aside from that, your predictions aren't too far off. It's definitely one of the better ones.

I really feel for Jason at the Gers Report, which @RandomGuy. posted - he even foresaw St Johnstone's problematic goalkeeping issues and he still had them third.

Edited by G51

On 20/07/2020 at 22:32, RossBFaeDundee said:

1st. Celtic

2nd. Rangers

3rd. Aberdeen

4th. Motherwell

5th. Hibernian

6th. Livingston

7th. Kilmarnock

8th. St Johnstone

9th. Dundee United

10th. St Mirren

11th. Ross County

12th. Hamilton Academical      (This is the year!... for the 7th straight year)

I genuinely was thinking Rangers for a while before writing this, but I dismissed that idea thinking that they'll mess it up again. Twat. Also lol @ my Motherwell prediction.

8 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Rangers 

Celtic 

Hibs 

Aberdeen

Livingston

Dundee United 

Kilmarnock

St mirren 

Motherwell

Ross county

St Johnstone 

Hamilton

Don't think Livi will catch Hibs/Aberdeen? If we keep it up 3rd is up for grabs after Celtic fall to bits :D 

• 1 month later...

Got to say, there is some succulent lamb to dine out on with some of the St Mirren predictions. League's not over of course, but yes, this thread may get bumped in a few weeks. :D

1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Hibs - Have seen first hand that Jack Ross has something about him. If Hibs do finish 3rd it will be down to him more than the squad they have.
4. Aberdeen. Can see it being Del's last season in charge.
5. Motherwell. Solid summer signings, maybe get to a cup final too.
6. Livi. With or without Dykes, the amber juggernaut will continue to plow.
7. Perth Saints. 
8. Paisley Saints. Expecting more improvement under JG, solid summer signings. Hopefully move away from the bottom and closer to challenging for top 6, goals were an issue last season and i cant see that changing this season (so far).
9. Killie. Bit under the radar now, not as much attention on them since Clarke left. Worrying patches of form last season.
10. United. I think they are weak in defence, in particular Connelly, who may get found out at a higher level. Shankland is an unknown but should score goals, good keeper but a bit average in most positions.
11. Hamilton. Will do the usual.
12. County. Were in free fall last season, was fancying them more and more to get dragged near the bottom as the season went on. Not sure they have improved much in the summer with signings.

Happy enough with the McInnes prediction. The Motherwell one is a minter right enough. Most of the summer signings have been awful for the Well.

On 09/03/2021 at 10:03, Ric said:

Got to say, there is some succulent lamb to dine out on with some of the St Mirren predictions. League's not over of course, but yes, this thread may get bumped in a few weeks. :D

Allow me to assist, ric

On 20/07/2020 at 16:14, Ric said:

That said, obvs it's the farmers for the drop.

On 09/03/2021 at 12:10, sergie's no1 fan said:
On 31/07/2020 at 12:45, sergie said:
1. Celtic
2. Rangers
3. Hibs - Have seen first hand that Jack Ross has something about him. If Hibs do finish 3rd it will be down to him more than the squad they have.
4. Aberdeen. Can see it being Del's last season in charge.
5. Motherwell. Solid summer signings, maybe get to a cup final too.
6. Livi. With or without Dykes, the amber juggernaut will continue to plow.
7. Perth Saints. 
8. Paisley Saints. Expecting more improvement under JG, solid summer signings. Hopefully move away from the bottom and closer to challenging for top 6, goals were an issue last season and i cant see that changing this season (so far).
9. Killie. Bit under the radar now, not as much attention on them since Clarke left. Worrying patches of form last season.
10. United. I think they are weak in defence, in particular Connelly, who may get found out at a higher level. Shankland is an unknown but should score goals, good keeper but a bit average in most positions.
11. Hamilton. Will do the usual.
12. County. Were in free fall last season, was fancying them more and more to get dragged near the bottom as the season went on. Not sure they have improved much in the summer with signings.

Happy enough with the McInnes prediction. The Motherwell one is a minter right enough. Most of the summer signings have been awful for the Well.

We could still finish 7th and if Killie finish 12th then you will only be two positions out for Well but 3 for Killie ??

But yes many inc myself thought we would be battling for top 5 and not relegation.  Still need another 3 points to be comfortable. 

We could still finish 7th and if Killie finish 12th then you will only be two positions out for Well but 3 for Killie ??
But yes many inc myself thought we would be battling for top 5 and not relegation.  Still need another 3 points to be comfortable. 

It was more my comments about the solid summer signings tbh, thought guys like Lamie and White would have done a turn, made sense at the time with clubs cutting their cloth because of Covid.

Obviously doesn't help when yous need to sign about 10 goalies in a season either.

I think it just shows how well Killie, StJohnstone and Motherwell have done in the past to get high finishes in the league, the latter 2 in particular. Consistent top 6 finishes over the years.

StMirren have definitely been under achieving in that regard but you guys have been punching above your weight, Livi punching well above their weight.

Will be interesting to know if clubs will be budgeting for crowds being allowed into games next season and what % of games.

On 20/07/2020 at 23:22, Sortmeout said:

See to spice this up a wee bit I will pay a tenner either direct to the winner on PayPal or donate a tenner to the requested charity of said winner. To win your guess simply has to be closest to what the end of table actually is.

In the event of duplicate identical entries being the closest I will split the tenner between how many people I need to (hey big spender eh).

My own prediction 

Celtic

Sevco

Aberdeen

Hibs

Motherwell

Dundee Utd

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

Livingston

Hamilton

Ross County

St Iohnstone

On 20/07/2020 at 23:25, Sortmeout said:

Considering there was “not much” between St Mirren and 3rd placed Kilmarnock at the end of the last 38 game season I could see why you would expect St Mirren to finish 4th.

200.gif

21 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Will be interesting to know if clubs will be budgeting for crowds being allowed into games next season and what % of games.

I'd imagine certain ones will, then bleat about how poor they are, before chucking 6 figures at player again.

I know we likely won't until its confirmed, so hopefully the Government make it clear what sort of time frame we're looking at early so clubs can prepare properly for next season. Guess we'll reach August and clubs will still be getting treated like school kids though.

My predictions for 20/21 season in mug form(Done on Facebook at start of season edit to say its a mug collection I put in order but no idea how to post pictures here)
1 Celtic *Will win the league by some distance 
2*Rangers .Will be a lot closer, but not close enough and this will seal Gerards fate before season ends
3 Hibs*Good manager and good signings  will run Rangers close
4 Aberdeen *I just think it's the end for Del and co,won't survive the season as 4th will not be good enough for the dandies.
5 St. Johnstone* Slighty bias opinion but so...its my team and my predictions 😃
Saints will be fine and to be honest you could put a piece of paper between us and teams below. 
6 Motherwell*Decent manager, will be fine season and see above .
7Kilmarnock *Rookie manager, should be anywhere between 5th and 9th  definitely never in any danger of relegation spots
8th St.Mirren*Have recruited well and if they maintain last season's home record will be competing with above teams  and again that fine line between 5th and 10th
9th Dundee Utd *Think they will be fine,just!Big season for Shankland,if he stays and manages the step up again,and Scores the goals. If he doesn't or gets transferred they could be in trouble. 
10th Ross County *I just have a gut feeling it will be a tough season for the Staggies.
11th Hamilton Accies*Established fighters,this could just be the season where it may go against them.Having said that I wouldn't bet against them in a play off place 
12th Livingston *No mug..ah but they will be.Time to run out for this plastic franchise😉😄
Please don't be offended by those predictions  as I see it , they are only predictions by me and what do I know ?😃😄😄😉

Edited by THE FAT MAN