Sorest Goal to Concede

Starks Park south stand end, Sat 25/3/2017

I think that Dobbie free kick equaliser that was adjudged to have crossed the line will rankle with me forever more.

23 mins
GOAL! 1-1... I think! Confusion reigns as a Dobbie free-kick hits both posts, and seemingly spun behind the line in between

23 mins
The linesman gave it, and then stopped moving whilst holding his earpiece. Goal given.

22 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Starks Park south stand end, Sat 25/3/2017

I think that Dobbie free kick equaliser that was adjudged to have crossed the line will rankle with me forever more.

23 mins
GOAL! 1-1... I think! Confusion reigns as a Dobbie free-kick hits both posts, and seemingly spun behind the line in between

23 mins
The linesman gave it, and then stopped moving whilst holding his earpiece. Goal given.

That infuriated me to no end. Exactly the type of break you see go against your team when you're in a relegation battle. 

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That infuriated me to no end. Exactly the type of break you see go against your team when you're in a relegation battle. 

It pretty much kept us clear of it.  Had that not happened, it would have got a bit worrying.

14 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It pretty much kept us clear of it.  Had that not happened, it would have got a bit worrying.

There was actually another (when you're down you're down) incident in the previous  game at Palmerston in Feb.

Only 20 seconds gone, I remember the Lino flagged the foul and the Raith bench being incensed that Lyle wasn't carded for a deliberate elbow.

0 mins
The game has just kicked off and Lyle clatters Thomson.
35 mins
From a corner the ball pings back and forth and is poked into the net by Lyle.

31 mins
Lyle shoots, Davidson and Brennan blocked and Brennan is injured in the process.
33 mins
Brennan is on his feet but is hobbling.

All useless conjecture I know (the real reason we were relegated was because we were pish!) but had Lyle got his marching orders we may not have lost (he certainly wouldn't have been there to have got that 2nd), also conjecture but Brennan may not have gotten injured and we may have had a real keeper in goal at Ayr 10 days later.  As Broken Algorithms said when you're in a scrap like that you get nothing.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Have to admit, I've never seen 9th in the table be referred to as "ahead of automatic promotion". 

I'll likely never see it again so I'm glad he's doubled down on it and defending his stance. 

Can't see that anywhere tbh. 

On 21/07/2020 at 12:29, Rob1885 said:

Played Hearts off the park in the league cup in 2018 and lost the winner 10 minutes before the end. Mind it being a bit of a tough one to take considering how well we'd played.

On similar lines, there was a tie at home to Aberdeen in 2012 under Jim Jefferies in the same competition that we lost by the same score. I'm sure it was Scott Vernon, in the 94th minute, that got it and we'd absolutely played them off the park. I remember the team being afforded a standing ovation at full time as they'd played really well.

There are many sore moments to mention, but the goal to knock us out of the UEFA Cup in Perth is the one for me, closely followed by Doumbe's winner for Celtic in 2007 cup final. To go out in the way we did against FH was hard to take, and if I remember right, we were looking at a trip to Germany in the next round. First time watching the team in a European competition for so many of us, so was hard to take.

The 07 final has previously been mentioned, but we were looking decent for extra time and maybe even taking it to penalties. It was, however, an entirely forgettable spectacle that got the kind of goal that it probably deserved. That one seemed to feel worse than three years earlier, even taking into account the fact we never got the penalty at 1-0 we should have.