Sorest Goal to Concede

Plenty of sore goals over the years but losing a 94th minute goal to an Albion Rovers side who had minutes before gone down to 10 men meaning we lost 2-1 in Scottish Cup tie must be right up there. The draw for the next round had already been made and a home game v Celtic picked for live TV coverage. Classic QOS.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Plenty of sore goals over the years but losing a 94th minute goal to an Albion Rovers side who had minutes before gone down to 10 men meaning we lost 2-1 in Scottish Cup tie must be right up there. The draw for the next round had already been made and a home game v Celtic picked for live TV coverage. Classic QOS.

Its certainly up there, particularly for the lateness.

For me though the most gutted I have been was probably losing 1-0 to Falkirk in a live tv wind ruined Scottish Cup Q-F at Palmerston a few years back. Friday night game. Craig Sibbald with a really cheap goal in a quite awful game. Falkirk went on to reach the final and possibly should have won it, losing to ICT in the final. Cost us a lot mire than that Celtic game. So Craig Sibbald's goal in that one.

Also honourable mention to Blair Alston's late winner for Falkirk in our Championship play off too, a tie we led 3-1 at one point.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its certainly up there, particularly for the lateness.

For me though the most gutted I have been was probably losing 1-0 to Falkirk in a live tv wind ruined Scottish Cup Q-F at Palmerston a few years back. Friday night game. Craig Sibbald with a really cheap goal in a quite awful game. Falkirk went on to reach the final and possibly should have won it, losing to ICT in the final. Cost us a lot mire than that Celtic game. So Craig Sibbald's goal in that one.

Also honourable mention to Blair Alston's late winner for Falkirk in our Championship play off too, a tie we led 3-1 at one point.

The thing that got me about the Albion Rovers loss was the sheer ineptitude involved. We played poorly, got back on terms with a Jamie Hamill goal and then when the Rovers player got a red card and despite the fact that Rovers were really just looking to see the game out we somehow contrived to lose. Utterly dreadful stuff.

The Falkirk cup game was an awful game and it was as you say a costly loss.

Re the play off game at Falkirk that too was a hard one to take but it was at least a very decent game of football and Falkirk deserved great credit for their fightback.

Billy Dodds opener in the 1995 Coca Cola Cup Final. We'd had a brilliant cup run, which included an epic QF at home to Hearts and Neil McCann's glorious chipped last minute winner in the semi at McDiarmid. We genuinely felt we had a chance, until Pagaud presented the bigeared c**t with a tap-in after an attempted "one for the cameras" save. The team collectively shat the bed after that and Aberdeen won 2-0 barely breaking sweat.

Simon Donnelly's extra time winner in the League Cup 1995 at Parkhead.

We were of course defending champions and after Tony Rougier's glorious free kick had equalised Pierre Van Hooijdonk's similarly spectacular free kick, we were looking good. Then Celtic decided not to give us the ball back after we put it out for an injury, took a rapid throw in (McStay I think!), and moments later the wee blonde b*****d stuck it away.

Peter Grant went down with cramp (cheating cnut)  we put the ball out and as was said the hoors didn't give it back. A happier ending was when Kilmarnock gave them a taste of their own medicine a few seasons back I loved that then all the crap in the papers about it not being sporting cheating barstewards. What goes around comes around.

Craig Wilson, ex-par, scoring a 94th minute own goal in front of a packed McDermid Stand for Dunfermline to win 1-2 whilst fireworks exploded above was a bit of a b*****d, too.

one of my favourite goals ever

In my comparatively brief time of supporting, probably Harry Forrester scoring 13 seconds into the 2015-16 Scottish Cup QF for Rangers. With the free-scoring squad we had, I really thought we had a solid chance of at least returning to Hampden, and I could have my first visit there to support my club. I had complete belief that we had the better over a Rangers side in the Championship, and that the Scottish Cup dream could continue.

Then Forrester scored.

Immediately I had lost all hope and knew this was just going to be the same hammering as usual. Never since have I felt that genuine belief that we have a shot at the cup.

As for this season, Dobbie's winner 13 seconds after our equaliser was pretty shite.

Playing Airdrie in the cup at home and we’re cruising. I remember saying at least we get another chance then they scored again.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/4584864.stm

Not a huge game like the cup final but it really summed up our time in the top league. Lots of quality with no real end product.

Also the European game at Perth. People throwing away programs and abusing their own team. Great start to the season.

Such a downer after the Calderwood era.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Usually the way it works. I’m sure a lot of Pars fans have sore memories of Allan Walker’s looping header dropping into the far post at EEP at about 5:15pm.
Aye that was a dull yin. Absolutely chucked that game away.

5 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Craig Wilson, ex-par, scoring a 94th minute own goal in front of a packed McDermid Stand for Dunfermline to win 1-2 whilst fireworks exploded above was a bit of a b*****d, too.

That's one of my favourite days, served my first ever pint, got a bottled lobbed at my at Pratt Street, first ever away Fife Derby, winner by an ex Pars player in the last minute. Sure some Rovers fans came out a pub and started lobbing fireworks up the street, carnage. 

7.11.2009 I reckon was the date, met my future wife on the 13th.

47 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Usually the way it works. I’m sure a lot of Pars fans have sore memories of Allan Walker’s looping header dropping into the far post at EEP at about 5:15pm.

At the time I wasn't happy, not long after I realised a draw with ten men wasn't the worst when you consider Raith had nearly scored not long before, losing 3-2 would've been catastrophic in the title race. 

And we did win the title race. And that cured all ills from that season. 

Until we win a Scottish Cup, I won't be able to see any positive in that Doumbe goal. 

59 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

That one didn’t even bother me at the time tbh. It’s amusing that scraping a draw with us is still considered one of raith rovers’ greatest ever moments, though. The 3-0 Cup exit left me utterly raging but more at Crawford and the team than anything else.

Sorest Pars goal we ever conceded has to be the 2nd Hafnafjordur goal in Perth, although I was only following that on the teletext. Worst at a game I was at would have to be the Thistle equaliser in the 3-3 at Firhill. We had played magnificently to go 3-1 up and would have been safe with a win, despite a points deduction. Had the gnawing feeling leaving the ground that we were heading for League 1.

Return leg of our first European game in decades. Played in Perth as our pitch “is no grass”. Turned the tie around and we’re going through. Then Pars players started running into each other and falling over and the part timers from Iceland scored two late goals. Didn’t even get a pie that night as there was no food left before the game even started.