Sorest Goal to Concede

Exactly as it says on the tin. What was the goal that sank the knife into your heart the most? I'd imagine a lot of Dundee fans would say either Dundee United's winning goal when they won the league at Dens  if they're a wee bit older or Niall McGinn's penalty which is often replayed on here and sent us down after Peter Pawlett doing what Peter Pawlett does best.

I wasn't born for the former and we had John Brown as manager for the latter, so my love for Dundee was probably at its weakest.

The inspiration for this thread is actually a goal Rangers put up on Twitter yesterday. A player that I grew up loving.There's a reason he's the 'most hated player ever' on P&B and one of those reasons is his badge kissing. The man in question is Nacho Novo. Signed for Rangers and scored his first goal against us. He didn't receive a particularly bad reception either. It was rather muted in comparison to players that normally join either half of the OF. That didn't stop him running past the Derry and kissing the Rangers badge though:

The dirty rat b*****d.

So over to P&B - What goal has been the sorest for you to concede?

Going for the league, up against a shite Clyde team. As you can see, the quality was fucking horrendous. It was absolutely fucking baltic and towards the end I resigned myself to "It's 2 points dropped but it could be worse". Then it got worse. Dougie Imrie crosses to absolutely naecunt and Paul Dixon puts the ball in his own teams pokey in the 91st minute I think it was. 

Dundee 0 - 1 Clyde. 

Biylin. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Going for the league, up against a shite Clyde team. As you can see, the quality was fucking horrendous. It was absolutely fucking baltic and towards the end I resigned myself to "It's 2 points dropped but it could be worse". Then it got worse. Dougie Imrie crosses to absolutely naecunt and Paul Dixon puts the ball in his own teams pokey in the 91st minute I think it was. 

Dundee 0 - 1 Clyde. 

Biylin. 

Craig Samson at the very end of that video. Fucking hell. :lol:

The odds on us bouncing straight back up that season were absolutely hilarious. Everyone was so sure we would. This absolute legend Stephen Kenny with an experienced squad (of absolute jobbers). Probably would have got relegated if we kept Kenny on. Funny how things work out. 

Anyway, the last goal I can remember feeling proper sick at was a Griffiths goal to win the game for Hibs straight after Liam Buchanan equalised for us. Season 2011-12. It was a real 6-pointer as both teams were absolutely fucking shite at the bottom of the table. Griffiths and McPake definitely made the difference in Hibs' efforts to beat the drop whilst we signed Iain Turner (a total crock), Craig Easton and Mark Kerr. 

Nick Ross' winner in the January 2016 derby.

I know that Craig Wighton's winner is the more famous won that season, but that one didn't really bother me. I wasn't at the game and we were already going down anyway even though it wasn't official so when the notification came up on my phone I was laughing instead of being distraught.

I remember Ross' shot hitting off Sean Dillon into the net though, it's very clear in my mind. Because that was the moment I realized "holy shit we're going down". United were 13 points behind Kilmarnock and 15 behind Hamilton and yet for some reason my stupid fifteen year old brain thought we would still stay up. That goal, and watching him run off the towards the Dundee fans in the North Stand, just washed the delusion away.

34 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Nick Ross' winner in the January 2016 derby.

I know that Craig Wighton's winner is the more famous won that season, but that one didn't really bother me. I wasn't at the game and we were already going down anyway even though it wasn't official so when the notification came up on my phone I was laughing instead of being distraught.

I remember Ross' shot hitting off Sean Dillon into the net though, it's very clear in my mind. Because that was the moment I realized "holy shit we're going down". United were 13 points behind Kilmarnock and 15 behind Hamilton and yet for some reason my stupid fifteen year old brain thought we would still stay up. That goal, and watching him run off the towards the Dundee fans in the North Stand, just washed the delusion away.

This shouldn't have been free to read.

Your location made it even better.

Thank you.

There has been quite a few but the one from recent memory that sticks out for me is Dean Shiels extra time winner in the Ayrshire derby league cup semi final 2012.  We were underdogs and we were woeful that day, but it was horrible. Made all the worse that they went on to win it that year. 

Also, a special mention for the horrific attempt at heading the ball back to the keeper from Andy Geggan away at Alloa a couple of years back when it seemed we had blown the title. Possibly the lowest ive felt leaving a game, but as it all worked out okay in the end its not as sore.

Edited by AuAl

11 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

the winning goal from this cup final. they were 100% for the taking and doumbe absolutely sclaffs one in. sickener.

That was on TV recently, absolutely not a chance I was watching it again. 

Scunnered for weeks. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

That was on TV recently, absolutely not a chance I was watching it again. 

Scunnered for weeks. 

Both teams were an utter shambles that day. I can remember Burchill having an excellent chance, however, which he should have buried.

Celtic definitely there for the taking and we lost in agonising fashion. 

It wasn’t just the one goal that scuppered a game for The Rovers. Chris Fahey’s double against Airdrie in the play offs. How he lost the first goal boggled the mind. But to do it a second time with the exact same manoeuvre killed it for me. Up till that point he had a great season after taking over from Michael Brown.